Page 69 of 135 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Pretty much sums up EMDM and HEOL:

At the time of the album's release (Born Villain), Manson distanced himself from the approach he took when creating previous albums, explaining: "On the last two records I made, I was trying to make people feel what I was feeling—which wasn't a good idea, because I was feeling like shit. Check mark number one: don't make records that make people feel bad."

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Pretty much sums up EMDM and HEOL:

At the time of the album's release (Born Villain), Manson distanced himself from the approach he took when creating previous albums, explaining: "On the last two records I made, I was trying to make people feel what I was feeling—which wasn't a good idea, because I was feeling like shit. Check mark number one: don't make records that make people feel bad."
    I guess that explains why i dislike those so much, but i can stand "Born Villain".
    I think BV is not a "great essential" album, but i can listen to the whole thing and i actually enjoy some tracks.
    Then things got better with "The Pale Emperor" and even "Heaven Upside Down" has good moments.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-19-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I guess that explains why i dislike those so much, but i can stand "Born Villain".
    I think BV is not a "great essential" album, but i can listen to the whole thing and i actually enjoy some tracks.
    Then things got better with "The Pale Emperor" and even "Say10" has good moments.
    It is funny when you read that quote, you might think: "So, Born Villain is a 'feel good' record?" Anyway, I enjoy BV much more than EMDM, and HEOL. I think Manson wrote a good chunk of the music on BV too and it was no accident he seemed somewhat more 'engaged' in that era. He should do that again. I love PE and think HUD has some decent stuff on it, but it seems like he is getting into that cycle where he depends on someone else to write all the music and that seems to make him disengaged. With Bates out of the band (seems that way) maybe he will try writing music again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I actually find I enjoy a good chunk of the songs on most of Manson's later releases. EMDM is far from his best and I don't really care for it, but I don't mind listening to it. THEOL I don't like at all. I remember trying to convince myself it was good, but I admitted it just sucks even though there are maybe 2 songs I can stand to listen to. It's so generic and writing is very lazy. I'm in the small camp that actually likes BV. No, not his best, but I did feel like he was actively trying in this area. Like he was back with something to prove. TPE isn't bad - interesting direction for him, but can't say I listen to it a whole lot. HUD isn't bad. It was certainly better than I expected and yeah the writing is still lazy, but some of those songs I'm really into. I won't say it stands up there with ACS or anything like that, but it's an album I enjoy.

So while I know Manson isn't going to return to form, I still check his albums and I'm always happy when I find I can at least get some enjoyment out of listening to it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You guys are wrong about EMDM. The lyrics are fucking awful but musically this was headed in the right direction. Manson could have been a Bowie if he had sobered up during this period. EMDM is his Scary Monsters.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'll take the indie drippiness of EMDM over the cringey nu metal cack of GAOG anyday

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got tired of the GAOG very quickly and even saw them on that tour.
    I enjoyed EMDM but since then I don't think I've really listened to much Marlyn Manson stuff.
    I had high expectations for the HEOL seeing Twiggy was returning but it just sucked. Not listened to the others only for the singles.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    You guys are wrong about EMDM. The lyrics are fucking awful but musically this was headed in the right direction. Manson could have been a Bowie if he had sobered up during this period. EMDM is his Scary Monsters.
    I'm sure if it was an instrumental album it would be a nice listen. But as it is presently, it's a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    "Eat Me, Drink Me" had potential, i get your analogy to Bowie, sadly i think the album is far from "Scary Monsters" and closer to HIM, just my two cents.

I don't really like "Golden Age of Grotesque" either, the album has some good songs but most of it it's a waste of time with his Nu-Metal, Industrial experiments gone wrong, at least the concept was good, but to me this is were Manson's downfall begins...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I'm sure if it was an instrumental album it would be a nice listen. But as it is presently, it's a piece of shit.
    Well, guess what. There's actually a promo disc of EMDM instrumentals out there on teh interwebz.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Please note that the paint on Marilyn Manson's face is environmentally safe. May fade with multiple uses."

Yeah....no, thanks.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well Ghost did it so....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    There is actually an EMDM instrumental version of the record floating around out there. And it's not half bad either. I think it is the lyrics that make it hot garbage.
    I mean, Tim Skold wrote a lot of the music, so no surprise that the music itself when the lyrics are taken out doesn't completely suck.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Didn't Rammstein do it too?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Didn't Rammstein do it too?
    Yeah, i remember they came in a suitcase with all of each band "members"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    People interested in the instrumental EMDM PM me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    comment from theprp.com article about this: "From 'Putting Holes in Happiness' to putting happiness in holes..."

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Kinda hard to tell which picture is the one of the dildo.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    already having a pundown about this with a mate. You don't even need to drop a pun with half of his songs

so far we have
    knobscene
    speed of pain
    wrapped in plastic
    doll dagga buzz buzz ziggity zag

& I'm having that putting happiness in holes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

manson's a joke

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Because he is a selling a dildo?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Excuse me, if this has been posted here before: https://amp.reddit.com/r/funny/comme...ampf=undefined

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    All I have to say for now is that this particular performance of My Monkey immediately came to mind.

And that also includes Cake and Sodomy, and the following lyrics from This Is The New Shit.

"And now it's you know who. I got the you know what. You know why. You don't care. And now it's the you know who. I stick it you know where. You know why. You don't care."

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Kinda hard to tell which picture is the one of the dildo.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    All I have to say for now is that this particular performance of My Monkey immediately came to mind.

And that also includes Cake and Sodomy, and the following lyrics from This Is The New Shit.

"And now it's you know who. I got the you know what. You know why. You don't care. And now it's the you know who. I stick it you know where. You know why. You don't care."

the god of fuck wears boxer briefs.

also, gross.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    playing LA on NYE with Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Jonathan Davis, Body Count & BLS. Sharon is calling it an Ozzfest. Shoot me in the face.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    playing LA on NYE with Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Jonathan Davis, Body Count & BLS. Sharon is calling it an Ozzfest. Shoot me in the face.
    Saw that. It's a decent lineup... for 2001 lol. Almost all these musicians are washed up and passed their prime. It's more like a night out of the retirement home for these folks. Ozzy and Manson are terrible acts these days. Rob isn't much better, but he'll easily blow everyone else on this bill out of the water.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Manson must be following nins setlists this year