Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 3998

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I hate that kind of stuff, I can never bring myself to actually open it. Went with the indie variant instead since that included additional art that you didn't have to destroy to look at. BTW- I may have told you this before but I love your avatar. I think you and I may be the lone deadheads on this board. Certainly in this thread.
    I have been enjoying Mayer's role. Prior to that for me it was S.B. , F.o.t.M, and some JGB with Melvin Seals.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    I have been enjoying Mayer's role. Prior to that for me it was S.B. , F.o.t.M, and some JGB with Melvin Seals.
    Sweet! Don't want to derail the Manson thread with dirty hippy stuff anymore, but maybe we need to revive the old Dead thread (I think there was one?).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Something tells me it's gonna be sealed to the gatefold
    To the main LP? I hope not...I am SO HAPPY to not have Manson's actual face leering at me for the first time since...Holy Wood?

Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    God I picked that autobiography off the shelf and flipped through it... I don’t remember this childish flagrant homophobic bullshit at all... JESUS CHRIST... This is so lame

oh well. This shit was published over 20 years ago. Why am I bringing it up now, when he finally made a good album again.

I think you and I may be the lone deadheads on this board. Certainly in this thread.
    give me some credit here...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-15-2020 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Very clear and honest sounding here, but does anyone else think his voice seems... off? Definitely sounds sober, clear-headed, and candid, but just the tone of his voice sounds different to me.

Edit: the more I watch I think he's just got a cold lol
    Last edited by imail724; 09-16-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    He either has a cold and is congested or his nose is clogged from something else.......something white made of a powdery substance

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    He either has a cold and is congested or his nose is clogged from something else.......something white made of a powdery substance
    confectioner's sugar? maybe he was making royal icing!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I don't see any evidence of him being coked out of his mind, but gosh is that ever approaching Trixie Mattel make up levels.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Man, that interview was refreshing. I hope that Manson stays around.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I don't see any evidence of him being coked out of his mind, but gosh is that ever approaching Trixie Mattel make up levels.
    I give it 2 years before this starts happening:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Very clear and honest sounding here, but does anyone else think his voice seems... off? Definitely sounds sober, clear-headed, and candid, but just the tone of his voice sounds different to me.

Edit: the more I watch I think he's just got a cold lol
    Yeah, sounds like he's got a bad sinus infection or something. You can tell he's fried his brain a bit, BUT he does seem away more awake and sort of "with it" than he has in past interviews. He also sounds...a little sad? Or upset or something. It's odd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's so weird how your taste can change within the span of a few years. Curious, I pulled up something I wrote about HUD. And while I don't absolutely hate the album, I thought it was okay with some tracks I liked when I recently revisited it. But apparently when it came out I was a raving fan and I liked it more then TPE, which isn't even true now. After listening to WAC, I decided to listen to HUD again to see if I still liked it as much as I did when it came out or if I've grown lukewarm to it since then.

Giving it yet another spin, I get why I liked it so much. I really liked the music - it was aggressive, fiery, and intense - something I missed on TPE and I think that's what I really wanted from Manson at the time. There are songs on there I still like - Tattooed in Reverse, Saturnalia, Revelation #12 - even then I knew these songs were nowhere near his best and had pretty dumb lyrics. But then there are other songs I just don't like at all or I'm just realizing have cringy as shit lyrics like Jesus Crisis...holy shit that song is terrible. Now I appreciate TPE way more than I did upon release. Listening to that album again it really impressed me whereas HUD has it's moments, but it's not a great follow up. It's just funny how that works out.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    He says early on he’s got fluid in his ear from shooting the video for DCTD so yeah, he’s congested.

Now that I’ve had multiple listens, I am really into HAOSF. That might be my favorite now with DCTD being second. I think ID rules too and might be the most satisfying to me music wise. BN is real fucking good too; I have a feeling that one is going to grow on me.

Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Yeah, sounds like he's got a bad sinus infection or something. You can tell he's fried his brain a bit, BUT he does seem away more awake and sort of "with it" than he has in past interviews. He also sounds...a little sad? Or upset or something. It's odd.
    The album is depressing really. I guess you could say his lyrics are always this scorched earth romanticized-depression thing, but this sounds more genuine to me.

EDIT: I called the Diamond Dogs thing... the ballads totally remind me of Sweet Thing / Candidate
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-16-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    DCTD
    HAOSF
    DCTD
    ID
    BN
    Thy brain, it just twitched a little I think.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    That’s fair. I got lazy and decided to abbreviate the songs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Holy shit. I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed a Manson interview. This took me back to the guy who captivated me as a teenager. The guy who I could listen to for hours just because he always had something interesting to say. It's such a bullshit free interview. I was actually smiling and laughing at parts instead of groaning or rolling my eyes. Keep it up, Manson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shooter Jennings needs to produce all Marilyn Manson hence forth. MM even seemed to reach his old voice at times. It's a little slow but it edges into country and western music. Best since GAOG.

EDIT: I should note I LOVED LOVED LOVED "Black Ribbons," so to say I was happy this was great is maybe an understatement.
    Last edited by Zimbo; 09-16-2020 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Added stuff

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm so glad he's more coherent...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Agreed. Perhaps he just got tired of always needing to be 'on'. I still say the album is pretty meh in that almost nothing sticks with me after two full listens, but I'll say it again, where tf has this guy been for about a decade. My hope is for him to take this time without shows to lose about 30 lbs....not fat shaming, but lose that weight that's bogging down his lungs and cardio, and just imagine the first tour after covid if he's 100% into it.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    We Are Chaos is wife-approved (at least around these parts). Had a trip to the ENT yesterday, and got a chance to listen to the whole thing with her.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps he just got tired of always needing to be 'on'. I still say the album is pretty meh in that almost nothing sticks with me after two full listens, but I'll say it again, where tf has this guy been for about a decade. My hope is for him to take this time without shows to lose about 30 lbs....not fat shaming, but lose that weight that's bogging down his lungs and cardio, and just imagine the first tour after covid if he's 100% into it.
    I just want a show that isn't embarrassing to watch that has interesting songs on the setlist lol

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Lol what's a live show

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Lol what's a live show
    Remember lines?

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Back to WAC; my splatter vinyl has shipped but I'm wondering if anyone's heard the "We Are Khaos" remix. For the first time in a VERY long time, I'm curious as to what Manson is creating.
    There should be a better rip within 24-48 hours, but there's this on YouTube:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just received my splatter vinyl. The 7” can be opened cleanly with a box cutter if you’re careful. It is its own entity, not attached to the album.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Just received my splatter vinyl. The 7” can be opened cleanly with a box cutter if you’re careful. It is its own entity, not attached to the album.
    Could you take pictures of the gatefold? I'm pretty sure this is the only version that comes with one.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Remember lines?

Man, those were the days. :-( ...

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Man mine has been in limbo not moving anywhere since the 14th. fuck. It hasn't even been accepted by USPS yet, it's just sitting.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 09-17-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Man mine has been in limbo not moving anywhere since the 14th. fuck.
    Same. I was so excited when I saw it was originating just a stone's throw away in Illinois, thinking I would get it like, the next day (like I'm getting today with Super Mario 3D All-Stars, a day before the official release date even). Nope. Maybe that's just the difference between USPS and UPS right now. Kinda disheartening that there's been zero movement.