Page 76 of 135 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Taylor looks absolutely elated in both pictures. I wish one day I will be as happy as Taylor was to meet Marilyn Manson.

10/10 wholesome

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I feel like 1996 Manson would be disgusted with himself if he saw that photo.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Taylor looks happy probably cuz he whispered “let’s just get this photo together and I’ll leave”.

Anyways, how old is that pic?...

EDIT: never mind, looks like it was from this last weekend.
    Last edited by Krazy; 06-04-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    According to his autobiography (the one with Neil Strauss), he regularly shmoozed with A-list celebrities and musicians at parties back in the day. I think it's always been a sort of joke to him, hanging out with the "cool kids" or some shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    According to his autobiography (the one with Neil Strauss), he regularly shmoozed with A-list celebrities and musicians at parties back in the day. I think it's always been a sort of joke to him, hanging out with the "cool kids" or some shit.
    Long Hard Road Out of Hell? I read it back in high school around the time Mechanical Animals came out in 1998, but that was over 20 years ago, so I don't remember that part, but I'm sure you're right.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I feel like 1996 Manson would be disgusted with himself if he saw that photo.
    I remember some Holy Wood era interview where he was talking about wanting to cover Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera. He’s always shown an appreciation for pop music, I don’t think it’s out of the question to imagine he’d like Taylor’s stuff. I kind of enjoy when he takes his image a little less seriously and knows the kind of popularity a pic of he and the Jonas brothers would get, it feels more like the goofy, self-aware satire of celebrities in general that he used to do.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    He also did that fucking awful collaboration with Avril Lavigne. I'm not sure what either artist was thinking with that one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Manson has always been a press whore, so i'm not surprised, not even mad.

...i just wish he started to record better albums, that's more important

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    looks like they’ve added some solo theater shows.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Guess this is the new Manson drummer... *shrugs* whoever he is.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...AXSUWGIIOlgP00

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Remember when everybody had stage names?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Remember when everybody had stage names?
    Remember when everybody had stage presence?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Hahaha fuck yeah I do.

This performance of Angle with the Scabbed Wings rocks so hard!

I can't help but feel like this stage set up maybe, just maybe influenced Ghost's current set up. (At least SOMEONE is hungry to be the biggest band in the world)
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 06-18-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

seriously, though. unless you're King Crimson (which is composed of nothing but virtuoso players who don't NEED stage presence to convey the power of the music), you have to do SOMETHING when you're on stage to keep people connected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Hahaha fuck yeah I do.

When i hear the new fan say "recently he has been so good on stage " LOLL No he has not and probably will never be again ,97 Manson gave a shit about his performance and it showed

And please don't give the "age" excuse for his poor live performance ,Jagger is close to a Hundred years old and still kills it !

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    When i hear the new fan say "recently he has been so good on stage " LOLL No he has not and probably will never be again ,97 Manson gave a shit about his performance and it showed

And please don't give the "age" excuse for his poor live performance ,Jagger is close to a Hundred years old and still kills it !
    Preach! I'm not even a Stones fan but I've toured with them before and I'll give credit where credit is due: he still has an amazing amount of energy and can work an entire stadium.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    More of that stage presence...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Preach! I'm not even a Stones fan but I've toured with them before and I'll give credit where credit is due: he still has an amazing amount of energy and can work an entire stadium.
    Yup... he's a professional.

https://globalnews.ca/video/5279404/...-heart-surgery

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ahahahaha the "KILL GOD" lite brite is...well, it's killin' me

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ahahahaha the "KILL GOD" lite brite is...well, it's killin' me
    Are you God?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    New ACSS bootlegs have popped up in Australia! I just ordered a copy of the white vinyl release for $98US shipped.

Hey how does this sound? I know a site that's going to be getting these next month. I wanna order one but I feel like I've heard bad things about the sound quality. I have the recent MA bootleg that's been going around and it sounds virtually flawless.

Also, what's the package like? Any additional art besides the front and back? MA is pretty barebones, it's a gatefold so there's the picture of him on the couch on the inside, but that's it. I don't know if AS and MA were pressed by the same people though.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Are you God?
    wouldn't you like to know...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hey does anybody have the full video of this?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cool I'm glad someone got footage of this. I remember when it happened

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The show was recorded according to Manson. God knows when that will see the light of day.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The show was recorded according to Manson. God knows when that will see the light of day.
    I hope so, those clips seem like they are from the same video.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I could be wrong, but I think both clips are from Guns God & Government DVD bonus features (aka The Death Parade).
    Last edited by fillow; 06-27-2019 at 01:08 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think both clips are from Guns God & Government DVD bonus features (aka The Death Parade).
    The same show was in that on special features. it has those clips. Not sure if time stamp is the same on the DVD and those above though.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Does anybody know why he doesn't have his older albums available for sale on vinyl? It's a little confusing to me, it seems like ACS, MA and HW records sell for hundreds of dollars, and only slightly cheaper for bootleg copies pressed from god knows what. It seems like a no-brainer to me: he could make easy money off this because people WANT to buy them. Even people who aren't really fans but love vinyl want them because they are classics. I've seen people in the vinyl sub on reddit bitch about the difficulty of getting those albums specifically.

I only recently bought a record player and started buying vinyl so there may be some factor here that I'm not aware of because I'm certainly no expert. I know there was a concern that Trent didn't have the masters at one point, but it sounds like he actually does have them after all. Is there some other reason why this wouldn't be done? Seems like there's more money to be made reissuing vinyl than say, selling dildos with your face on them *cough*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Does anybody know why he doesn't have his older albums available for sale on vinyl? It's a little confusing to me, it seems like ACS, MA and HW records sell for hundreds of dollars, and only slightly cheaper for bootleg copies pressed from god knows what. It seems like a no-brainer to me: he could make easy money off this because people WANT to buy them. Even people who aren't really fans but love vinyl want them because they are classics. I've seen people in the vinyl sub on reddit bitch about the difficulty of getting those albums specifically.

I only recently bought a record player and started buying vinyl so there may be some factor here that I'm not aware of because I'm certainly no expert. I know there was a concern that Trent didn't have the masters at one point, but it sounds like he actually does have them after all. Is there some other reason why this wouldn't be done? Seems like there's more money to be made reissuing vinyl than say, selling dildos with your face on them *cough*
    I have all three and hope you someday get to enjoy them on vinyl too. Keep watching discogs, sometimes you will see someone selling them for around 100, but when that happens, don't think it over for too long, because they will be gone pretty quickly. A re-release would be awesome though. Would actually love to see Manson's entire back catalogue get a vinyl release (EMDM, HEOL, etc, etc). Anyway, if I remember correctly, Manson was once asked about a vinyl re-release of his classic records and he seemed down on the idea. Said something about how he isn't exited about revisiting the past all that much and would rather move forward. I think he said that around the time the Pale Emperor was released. I could be off base though.

My guess is it has a lot more to do with paying certain musicians royalties for their work on those records and the whereabouts of the masters for each. Also, we can't really rule out that all three weren't part of that fire at UMG. Yes, Trent told Manson he has the Master for ACS, but something tells me Trent doesn't keep master recordings at his house. The master for AC could very well have been sitting right next to MA and HW at universal (suggesting that they were all being stored there with whatever NIN master that was lost). So, unfortunately, there is a possibility they don't exist anymore which would really suck but could be the sad reality of the situation. There is even a rumor that some of the masters were sold on ebay or something...lol. Crazy I tell you.

Also, just because Trent told Manson that he has the master for said record, doesn't necessarily mean he would just hand it over either. It was a record Trent worked on, produced and released. I think he might be due some compensation or want to re-release it very similar to how Prick was re-released. But who knows?
    Last edited by renton44; 06-28-2019 at 07:06 PM.