Page 93 of 135 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Ever since I read someone say Manson’s head looks like a thumb since he put on weight, that’s all I can picture his head as:

That is the most coherent version of Manson I have seen in recent years...its *almost* like a glimpse into the past. I really wish he would clear his act up and kick the booze

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Manson ranks his albums from best to worst:

https://www.kerrang.com/features/we-...L1BGPALbWlLTP4
    Gaog better than his 90s albums? Ewww.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Gaog better than his 90s albums? Ewww.
    It's got a strong concept and visuals aspect, and the songs on it that are good are really good, but it's just got too much filler material and would have, as I've always stated, been better off as a ep...

1 Thaeter
    2 This Is The New Shit
    3 Mobscene
    4 Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag
    5 Use Your Fist And Not Your Mouth
    6 The Golden Age Of Grotesque
    7 (s)AINT
    08 Spade
    09 Para-Noir
    10 Obsequey (The Death Of Art)

(I know 10 songs is a little long for an EP, but this is how I have it saved on my media player)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    It's got a strong concept and visuals aspect, and the songs on it that are good are really good, but it's just got too much filler material and would have, as I've always stated, been better off as a ep...

1 Thaeter
    2 This Is The New Shit
    3 Mobscene
    4 Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag
    5 Use Your Fist And Not Your Mouth
    6 The Golden Age Of Grotesque
    7 (s)AINT
    08 Spade
    09 Para-Noir
    10 Obsequey (The Death Of Art)

(I know 10 songs is a little long for an EP, but this is how I have it saved on my media player)
    IDK, outside of songs like slutgarden and para-noir that album is a banger start to finish. It's very straight forward for him like with_teeth was for tront.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    IDK, outside of songs like slutgarden and para-noir that album is a banger start to finish. It's very straight forward for him like with_teeth was for tront.
    Tront

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I love the feel of Para-Noir and the chorus is really good. But yeah, it's a bit long and repetitive.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I just can't get on with it, it has some ok songs but it's so lightweight compared to everything else they had done at that point. I found the more metal direction of the instrumentation to be pretty uninspiring (holy wood was quite mature and varied in that respect). I'm honestly amazed at how popular and acclaimed it is. It does remind me of a strange lost world where something like this was #1 in the charts

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I love the feel of Para-Noir and the chorus is really good. But yeah, it's a bit long and repetitive.
    Paranoiac remix is better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I really wish he would clear his act up and kick the booze
    and he will never do that because probably he thinks that's something too boring and stupid for him, like... he really thinks and acts like changing absinthe to vodka was a evolution, his own words.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Paranoiac remix is better.
    that is maybe one of my favorite remixes of all time. it's ​so good.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Ozzys tour has been cancelled, for better or worse. He really should just call it a career and enjoy the rest if his life.

posted this here since Manson was supposed to open, and this thread gets the traffic.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Ozzys tour has been cancelled, for better or worse. He really should just call it a career and enjoy the rest if his life.

posted this here since Manson was supposed to open, and this thread gets the traffic.
    That sucks, at this age if he really wants to perform still he would probably be better off doing a residency somewhere. Glad I saw him at least once with Sabbath.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Someone's going to call Rob Zombie for another tour!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Someone's going to call Rob Zombie for another tour!
    Don't remind me. Day two of Rock USA in 2018 they both got rained out and when the tour finally made it to my c market Zombie was running around like a madman while Manson just flopped around on stage all sweaty like. He has earned every minute of that opening slot.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Time for Manson to call some other washed up Hot Topic metal band from the 90s to tour with. Korn, Slipknot, Coal Chamber, Rob Zombie, where you at?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Time for Manson to call some other washed up Hot Topic metal band from the 90s to tour with. Korn, Slipknot, Coal Chamber, Rob Zombie, where you at?
    I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure you can realistically refer to Korn and Slipknot as "washed up".

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Pumpkins are opening up for GN'R, so it wouldn't be totally crazy to have Manson open up some shows.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'd rather see a club tour. He hasn't embarrassed himself in clubs for a hot minute, at least then when I waste money on a ticket to see him (like a fucking idiot) it will be air conditioned.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Is it OK now to rehire Twiggy?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Bullet dodged!

Seriously hope the Ozzman gets better soon.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'd rather see a club tour. He hasn't embarrassed himself in clubs for a hot minute, at least then when I waste money on a ticket to see him (like a fucking idiot) it will be air conditioned.
    When Manson comes here to Milwaukee he typically plays at The Rave. It’s a smelly, shitty ballroom that’s on the third floor of the building and has no heat nor air conditioning. It’s acoustics are absolute garbage so the sound is fucking terrible. It’s right in the area of “OK Milwaukee” (Marquette campus nearby and fairly close to downtown) and shit hole Milwaukee (Dahmer’s apartment was right around the corner, along with a bunch of crack houses!).

I think what I’m getting at is they deserve each other.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    When Manson comes here to Milwaukee he typically plays at The Rave. It’s a smelly, shitty ballroom that’s on the third floor of the building and has no heat nor air conditioning. It’s acoustics are absolute garbage so the sound is fucking terrible. It’s right in the area of “OK Milwaukee” (Marquette campus nearby and fairly close to downtown) and shit hole Milwaukee (Dahmer’s apartment was right around the corner, along with a bunch of crack houses!).

I think what I’m getting at is they deserve each other.
    I saw Ministry there in 2003 and it was SICK. On the rail for the whole show back when I did that sort of thing

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure you can realistically refer to Korn and Slipknot as "washed up".
    A lot of Korn fans seem to think everything post 1999 is an abomination. A lot of Slipknot fans do not even take this new lineup seriously considering the bass player is dead and Corey chased out another 2 or 3 OG members as well.....They still have their loyal fanbases and may not be washed up in the way Crazy Town is, but they are basically legacy acts at this point

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    A lot of Korn fans seem to think everything post 1999 is an abomination. A lot of Slipknot fans do not even take this new lineup seriously considering the bass player is dead and Corey chased out another 2 or 3 OG members as well.....They still have their loyal fanbases and may not be washed up in the way Crazy Town is, but they are basically legacy acts at this point
    I agree with ya on most stuff, but their last 2 records (especially the WANYK) are pretty highly regarded. You don't hear the same type of talk of "man their new shit is garbage" nearly as much as you do with the Korns and Mansons of the world.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The Serenity of Suffering was a really good album and Slipknot's worst overall release was probably AHIG, which was three albums ago. RATM and SOAD are legacy acts.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The last 2 Korn albums have been very favourably reviewed.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Korn fan since Follow The Leader here. The classic stuff is great and highly nostalgic. Maybe they wavered a little towards the middle of their career, true. However, the new stuff is excellent, and even better, the band is clean.

For Slipknot, All Hope is Gone was a bit meh, but even that had a few decent songs. We Are Not Your Kind was awesome. I've heard good things about the new tour. They're still going strong. Regarding members leaving, we don't know what happened behind closed doors, and quite frankly, it's none of our business. The band is ageing, so switching up the line-up is quite a good idea.

Neither of these bands have had a bad record. The worst they get is average, not unlistenable.

When a band has been around for two or three decades, they're bound to have a few dud songs and/or drama between members. That's the nature of the beast.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I wouldn’t put Slipknot in the legacy band category quite yet, Korn sure. Honestly, imagine being 50 and having to do the whole hunched over tween angst stuff you wrote when you were 19. Sure, Slipknot has elements of that...but I can still go back and listen to Iowa and it rips. Listening to the first Korn at 38 years old makes me think ‘fuck this is bad. Then I’d listen to System of A Down right after? Was I high?’

At least one thing is certain: Korn and Slipknot still put on shows. They make the effort. They put their fans’ money and support above getting shitfaced drunk and blithering through garbage sets. Lookin’ at you Manson.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Got tickets today to see Korn and Faith No More and I don’t like Korn. Price you pay to see a band you like. I guess I don’t MIND Korn but never liked them enough to get into them or buy an album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    When a band has been around for two or three decades, they're bound to have a few dud songs and/or drama between members. That's the nature of the beast.
    Yup, and we’re on a NIN forum for crying out loud. There’s a lot of people, fans both uber and casual, that just aren’t interested in Trents newer stuff. There’s a reason venues are a bit smaller now and arenas aren’t packed compared to the peak years- and it sure as fuck isn’t because NIN can’t put on one of the best shows.

<——— cowards and hides.