Thread: Marilyn Manson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I'm going to make a possibly bold statement: Antichrist Superstar is equal to or greater than The Downward Spiral.

Here's why:

Antichrist Superstar is more fun: the songs make you feel like breaking the rules, doing drugs, hanging out with your friends and fornicating. TDS can sometimes just amplify your negative emotions and draw you inwards. Antichrist Superstar's lyrical content is more varied, well-written and humorous.

I just can't stop listening to it. If Reznor is the Prince of Darkness, Manson is the Clown Prince of Darkness. I like the twisted, rock star world Manson portrays on this album.

If you compare the albums, Antichrist Superstar is more of a rock album. I like that it blends more straight-forward rock numbers with the Nine Inch Nails style of other songs, and adds in a mix of supernatural mad house cryptic circus.
    I think this is the first time I've ever outwardly disagreed with someone from BC, but here goes...

Humor? Circus? Where are you getting those descriptors from that album?

The comment about how TDS just deepens your negative emotions...that's all I really get out of ACSS. I like the album; I still think it's one of his best hands-down. But I've never once found it humorous. It's certainly never made me feel like doing drugs or fucking, either. But hey, different strokes for different folks, right?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think this is the first time I've ever outwardly disagreed with someone from BC, but here goes...

Humor? Circus? Where are you getting those descriptors from that album?

The comment about how TDS just deepens your negative emotions...that's all I really get out of ACSS. I like the album; I still think it's one of his best hands-down. But I've never once found it humorous. It's certainly never made me feel like doing drugs or fucking, either. But hey, different strokes for different folks, right?
    It's weird. I listened to it on headphones walking downtown and it felt way too negative. For some reason, inside my apartment it's fun, but outside it feels way too negative.

The fun part of the album comes from Cryptorchid and Wormboy. There just seems to be some humor in them. Little Horn is also a fun assault.