Page 90 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    Which demos? Anything unusual?
    Nope. Literally just the same stuff that's been readily available for years online (I think Scott released them if I recall correctly).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Wow, this is the best thing he's put out in years.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So that cover of The End has vanished. Maybe it was put up too early? Was supposed to be attached to the upcoming adaptation of The Stand in some capacity.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 12-11-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    So that cover of The End has vanished. Maybe it was put up too early? Was supposed to be attached to the upcoming adaptation of The Stand in some capacity.
    Good. It wasn't that great anyhow.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    well that was fucking weird.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Whyyyyyyyy?!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I'm starting to think that maybe he couldn't get clearance for the song.

He used it as the taped outro when him a few months back, and I included the less than minute of it on my recording of said show. Last night I got a copyright claim on the copy I have on my YouTube, blocking it world wide from "UMG
    On behalf of: Concord Loma Vista"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    That was so painfully awkward. FWIW he sounded pretty decent here though.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    That was so painfully awkward. FWIW he sounded pretty decent here though.
    Man, if "tone deaf" and "lack of pitch control" pass as "pretty decent" these days, maybe I should launch a singing career.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Man, if "tone deaf" and "lack of pitch control" pass as "pretty decent" these days, maybe I should launch a singing career.
    I think it's pretty understood that when people say a Manson performance is "pretty decent" the "relatively speaking" part is implied. Compare the above to this from a few years ago:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    When all you do is shout and mumble your way through your songs these days...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I mean... It's a pretty good song, but the best? I don't know...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    So edgy:

The rock icon also recalls a bizarre story from the song’s mixing process, perhaps pointing to an unintended darknesses within “Third Day.” “The day we mixed ‘Third Day of a Seven Day Binge’ was a very interesting day. I was in a really foul mood for some reason, which isn’t abnormal for me,” Manson said laughing.
    “[The producer] wanted to play me the mix. I said, ‘I just need a minute.’ I had my head in my hands. He says, ‘Come here, you’re gonna want to see this.’ He just had my voice going through it, the low vocal. It slowly started to make a shape … It made a pentagram. If that’s not empirical proof that there’s some evil going on inside me, then I don’t know what is. He goes, ‘I guess you really are the Devil.’”

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    what a joke, that song is fuckin terrible - Similar to most everything he’s done live and in the studio for over a decade.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    what a joke, that song is fuckin terrible - Similar to most everything he’s done live and in the studio for over a decade.
    *shrugs* I liked it. In fact, I liked that whole record that it came off of (The Pale Emperor). But, to each their own.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I like the song (and the whole PE album..), but please, there's tons of better songs in the 10's

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I like the song (and the whole PE album..), but please, there's tons of better songs in the 10's
    Marilyn Manson being considered the "best" or "top spot" in any category from the "best of the 2010's" is defiantly absurd.

Why do all these "best of rock/metal" lists ALWAYS neglect Reznor? Like, I never ever seen Nails pop up on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Marilyn Manson being considered the "best" or "top spot" in any category from the "best of the 2010's" is defiantly absurd.

Why do all these "best of rock/metal" lists ALWAYS neglect Reznor? Like, I never ever seen Nails pop up on them.
    To be honest, I prefer it that way. I think the last thing Trent wants is recognition from outdated/pathetic mainstream media.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Probably because TR doesn't care about pushing his music like most of these other bands do. For them they have there PR teams and labels constantly pushing the records out to get radio play and be at music jerno's minds when they compile these lists. TR just wants to make a decent record, put it out and move onto the next thing, he doesn't care if it get's an award or put on a top 10 list, he just wants to make a good thing (and him and AR are absolutely killing it recently!)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

CBH is on that list, #38 I think.

I know some of this is just me getting older, but that list just kind of reaffirms how forgettable this decade has been for me music wise.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Listening to Holy Wood today.

Givin' me the feels.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Been on kind of an MM kick over the past few days. Decided to give just about every album another shot.

GOAG is such a weird bird. Great when it's strong but even after all this time I barely remember two thirds of the songs after I'm done.

EMDM is a bit better than I remember. Half bangers and half tripe. Finding new appreciation for Evidence.

THEOL is the one that really stands out to me. The more I listen to it, the more I feel like he was framing a lot of those love/breakup songs and dirges as some kind of a last kiss-off and burial to his Triptych persona. Much of it's better than I remember...the big angry political songs seem more like intentional self-parody; "what else do you want me to say?" Album's a bit of a mess but damned if I'm not finding myself enjoying it way more than I once did. Maybe I kinda sensed he was severing ties with his old fanbase there and that's why I initially couldn't stand it...

BV feels like someone stuck in a rut. Uninspired. Maybe 2 good songs.

TPE still sounds good to these ears. Shaky but on firmer ground. Breath of fresh air.

HUD is like two steps backward. Blech.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    For some reason, I've always thought that the Fear Factory and Radiohead threads could've gotten as much attention as the Marilyn Manson thread. (But of course, not for the same reasons.)

That thought just always stuck with me, and I finally wanted to share it here.

And to get back on topic, I like seeing more appreciation from Holy Wood and The Golden Age of Grotesque around here. Granted, I see why Portrait of an American Family, Smells Like Children, Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals are often the first and most lauded mentioned favorites though. At the same time however, I still can't recommend Holy Wood and The Golden Age of Grotesque enough.

I also like that seeing Eat Me, Drink Me gain more appreciation as well. I'm guessing it's just one of those albums that eventually grows on you. And in spite of The High End of Low being a mess, that just clicked with me so much quicker.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Manson mostly ends at EMDM for me. Yes, the lyrics are camp and cringe but I liked the direction he was taking musically and I never understood why it doesn't have the appreciation it deserves. THEOL could have been the same boat if he had went to a studio with a producer and recorded with a full band (and also a edit to the tracklist). Born Villain is the only record I can't defend in any way. That was a huge misstep in my opinion.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    GAOG was the end for me, Pale Emperor was just a last gasp. (And an awesome one at that)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    so when is the new pile of shit dropping?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    so when is the new pile of shit dropping?
    Sometime in the am, roughly 5 seconds after I get out of bed.

On an even less serious note, I must be one of the few people who thought TPE was his biggest turd. That album didn’t do anything for me, personally speaking.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    On an even less serious note, I must be one of the few people who thought TPE was his biggest turd. That album didn’t do anything for me, personally speaking.
    The Pale Emperor seemed like a new beginning to me. It reminds me of Mechanical Animals in terms of stylistic exploration. It also seemed like he was aiming for a more mature sounding album, and I feel he accomplished that in a way that didn't sound forced. I like that it's more raw, too. Musically, I think Tyler Bates producing helped that album. I just wish I could say the same about Heaven Upside Down, but I blame that more on the lyrics than the music.