Page 8 of 135 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think the worst covers are a tie between born villain and high end of low. He looks terrible in both. Someone he admires needs to tell him to ditch the grills.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Everything from THEOL on has been partially an exercise in disguising neck fat in favor of an illusory jawline. And it never works.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I really like Eat Me, Drink Me cover, The Pale Emperor and Antichrist Superstar.

The Hing End of Low is awful as is Born Villain.

If Manson wants all covers to include him, ala Bowie, do something like Eat Me, Drink Me, no close ups, please, I can go with Eat Me, Drink Me type of stuff.

(purely cover speaking)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

His physical attributes as far as neck fat, belly fat, or whatever you want to look down upon because he can't help his genetics, have nothing to do with why those covers are terrible. It's just bad art.

Sorry some people don't age well where they meet your physical standards in how a person is supposed to look.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Don't put words in my mouth. I'm not judging him for having neck fat; it's simply a fact that he's been smearing black makeup around his chin and jawline for a number of years now, and it's very, very obvious to the point of distraction. That's all.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    His physical attributes as far as neck fat, belly fat, or whatever you want to look down upon because he can't help his genetics, have nothing to do with why those covers are terrible. It's just bad art.

Sorry some people don't age well where they meet your physical standards in how a person is supposed to look.
    The guy has been binging on drugs and booze for years, it's not fucking genetics. I find distasteful to mock someone's shape, but come on...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sorry guys, him being fat has nothing to do with his age, he has just not been taking very well of himself, just look at his live concerts, he is drunk almost in all of the performances, In almost all of the YouTube videos you see him he is just messed up.

His looks like his belly ain't genetics, it's just him, hopefully he is slowly getting it together.

I do not mean to insult his apperance, his looks, at all by the way. But this is just facts.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    In all fairness to the guy, he never had a really prominent jaw:

But it's true that living a rockstar life hasn't been kind. It's a mix of factors.

Anyway, back to the Twiggy thing...could it be some sort of disputes or creative differences are holding things up? Seems that way.

Album expectations aside, the thought of them being on the outs again is saddening. Even through bad times, the notion of Manson and Twiggy as best buds has always kind of been an image that's stuck with me.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    They constantly seem to be falling out and making up. TGAOG was the last time they parted ways, THEOL they're BFF again. I'd say Jeordie doesn't appreciate when someone takes the creative reigns, or he just longs to do his thing, which he can when Manson is at the helm, but sometimes someone like Skold or Bates will put their foot down.
    Or he's just tired of the abuse of his best bully.
    My two speculative cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Portrait and Antichrist were special , Mechanical was good but started the downward spiral...

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    If peaking is the beginning of a descent, then yeah.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I think it just boils down to Twiggy wishes his friend and band mate wasn't such a childish goof that can't keep it together at almost 50. We've all seen the videos of him on tour last summer, Twiggy looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. God only knows what goes on behind closed doors in the studio if that's what the public sees...

With that said, I hope we still see the record and it's not just going to be shelved for whatever reason.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I finally figured what Slave Only Dreams To Be King reminds me of, its a total rip off of Capital G. I just heard it for the first time since like 2008(!), and its like how Down In It is a ripoff of Skinny Puppy's Dig It.

Mystery solved!
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 02-17-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I finally figured what Slave Only Dreams To Be King reminds me of, its a total rip off of Capital G. I just heard it for the first time since like 2008(!), and its like how Down In It is a ripoff of Skinny Puppy's Dig It.

Mystery solved!
    Capital G is totally a ripoff of More and Faster by KMFDM

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I always thought capital G ripped it's drums from Michael Jackson's the way you make me feel. I can never get it out my head once the song hits. Slaves reminds me of a rob zombie song.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    As long as we're talking covers, I really liked The Pale Emperor's art -- it seemed reminescent of the Hannibal TV series that he is a known fan of and it seemed less obsessed with his face and more about his presence, it seemed emotion-based instead of image-based and was simple yet compelling to me.
    Yes, The Pale Emperor's cover was brilliant. The blur on his face deconstructs his image to its core (The Idea of Manson? sorry.) and makes him instantly recognizable, plus it makes him easier to look at, heh heh.

I'll repeat myself from the What are you watching? thread: Manson was great in the last season of Salem. He is getting better as an actor. I'd suspect his increasing acting gigs have something to do with Say10's constant delays. I wouldn't mind him turning into a full-time actor. He seems more comfortable doing that than touring.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Manson was great in the last season of Salem. He is getting better as an actor. I'd suspect his increasing acting gigs have something to do with Say10's constant delays. I wouldn't mind him turning into a full-time actor. He seems more comfortable doing that than touring.
    Do you think he needs hits of oxygen between takes?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Do you think he needs hits of oxygen between takes?
    A monologue could knock him unconscious!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I swear to god if this silence about the new album is intentional and an attempt to be clever I'll be done with Manson forever.

No one has said a peep, what gives?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Won't be surprised if this is an actual fuckup which will be downplayed later as intentional silence.
    "You have let me down by voting Trump, now Imma let you all down to show you how it feels."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Won't be surprised if this is an actual fuckup which will be downplayed later as intentional silence.
    "You have let me down by voting Trump, now Imma let you all down to show you how it feels."
    Wow so deep wow such a genius he is, owo what's this.

Seriously. This is frustrating. It has been 4/5 days since the supposed original release date

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The album has been available for months now, he just hasn't announced where you can find it. :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You can see the new "M's" here if you look in the background. Also the SAY10 shirt with Donald Trump's image on it. Cool new font. http://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/...indikoglu-aw17

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    At least in place of an album (or any tangible update or clarification at all) we got Twitter-based speculation on in-fighting and pictures of people wearing shirts beneath other clothing! Totally makes up for it

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There is a speculation that the album has been pushed back all the way to the Easter. Now, where does this speculation come from? The guy who directed the videos for Say10 has posted this. On twitter.

http://i.imgur.com/LQlh2YA.jpg

That's right, no official word of mouth, just a cryptic tweet "hahaha, looook"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This is a weird question and I'm not sure whether to put it in the NIN random questions thread or if it belongs here and I'm not trying to stir shit in any way but I remember during the High End of Low and Born Villain tours there was a lot of criticism about Twiggys guitar playing (personally I believe he's definitely a better bass player than a guitarist but he improved in the 2013 legs of the Born Villain tour quiet a bit) and you could hear him making mistakes and stuff in a few videos. My question is during his time in NIN when he alternated between guitar and bass a lot was there any praise or criticism of his musicianship (or any discussion at all really)? I know Aaron either got praised or slammed for his style and how he would crash all over the stage depending on who you talked to but I never hear people say much about Twiggy during his time in Nine Inch Nails. Or if there was talk about it I completely missed it because I became a fan in 2009/2010ish.

Like I said weird and random question but it just popped into my head earlier while listening to Beside You In Time in the car.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    This is a weird question and I'm not sure whether to put it in the NIN random questions thread or if it belongs here and I'm not trying to stir shit in any way but I remember during the High End of Low and Born Villain tours there was a lot of criticism about Twiggys guitar playing (personally I believe he's definitely a better bass player than a guitarist but he improved in the 2013 legs of the Born Villain tour quiet a bit) and you could hear him making mistakes and stuff in a few videos. My question is during his time in NIN when he alternated between guitar and bass a lot was there any praise or criticism of his musicianship (or any discussion at all really)? I know Aaron either got praised or slammed for his style and how he would crash all over the stage depending on who you talked to but I never hear people say much about Twiggy during his time in Nine Inch Nails. Or if there was talk about it I completely missed it because I became a fan in 2009/2010ish.

Like I said weird and random question but it just popped into my head earlier while listening to Beside You In Time in the car.
    The times I saw Twiggy live with NIN he was fine... unremarkable though. Aaron North, for his sloppiness, was a great flaunting performer... I think his biggest hangup was dealing with polymetric and odd rhythmic stuff... he was great in all other regards as far as I've seen.

Robin is the best guitarist NIN has had, and I consider him the guitarist for NIN live at this point, though I was disappointed when Adrian Belew dropped out of the last tour, because that sounded amazing. All the same, that was probably the best NIN show I've seen, and I almost didn't go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.perouinc.com/diary2/?date=2017-02-23
    Shooting promo photos now being done for SAY10.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "my ears ringing from the EPIC loud blasts of mansion's new album..." Mansion's is a cool band - But after reading this post I'm more interest in Manson's new album.
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 02-24-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: spacing; fuck it - I give up. Apparently it wants to be centered.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Last edited by Adam411; 02-24-2017 at 10:25 PM.