Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Marlin Mansboob
    The Beautiful Nipples

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Ozzy probably should've checked out some performances from the last decade before making that statement.
    Well, he's right about him being "so fucking out there" that's for sure. He's so far out he can't even sing his songs.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well, he's right about him being "so fucking out there" that's for sure. He's so far out he can't even sing his songs.
    lmfao

Someone should sneak up fake cheat sheets onstage and have him sing something ironic to his condition. He’d probably sing the whole thing and not notice.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    All these bands touring with Manson, sometimes I think it’s a bit like a bride making her bridesmaids look shit, in comparison they will glow

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    lmfao

Someone should sneak up fake cheat sheets onstage and have him sing something ironic to his condition. He’d probably sing the whole thing and not notice.
    Better yet, someone needs to make one of those bingo sheets where the different spaces say different things. Like "forgets lyrics to song" , "rolls on the floor" , "incoherently mumbles", " smokes a joint on stage", "cancels a gig due to being too ill" we totally need to play manson tour bingo!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    lmfao

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    He's an alcoholic who can barely make it through a 12-song set anymore. You're right though, he shouldn't be looked down on; he should be getting help.
    Just popping in to agree with this.

When I call him a drunk singling karaoke, I don't mean that in a spiteful way. Like others here, his music meant everything to me during my high school and early college years. He was inspirational to me in so many ways.

And now every time I click on this thread I prepare myself for some new embarrassment. Spitting on a painting a fan did of him. Getting into a fistfight at Denny's. The Zombie feud. The constant "illness" show cancellations. A story about him falling asleep drunk in a hallway and needing to be woke up to go perform....of course, the ludicrous display I personally witnessed when he opened for Slipknot.

I bought tix for the Megadeth/Ozzy show before the Ozzman had to postpone. I am now at a point in my life where I am avoiding seeing Marilyn Manson live but it's happening anyway, and that is beyond fucked to me. Maybe I'll show up late on purpose.

I hope he gets help. I really do. if Al Jourgensen can turn his life around, anyone can. I'm not optimistic though, and I wish he'd prove me wrong.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    ....of course, the ludicrous display I personally witnessed when he opened for Slipknot.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I love how much everyone bumps this thread to shit talk. Who are you trying to convince these days?
    Manson still gets booked for these tours, asked to guest at other shows/events, TV roles etc. You'd think if all the jaded ex-fan opinions were so blatantly true, he'd be getting as much attention as Scott Stapp or some shit like that. As much as you hate who Manson is - I love that he's still around enough to keep a bunch of people talking about him and stirring the shit.

Excited for Friday. Ears are ready.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    I love how much everyone bumps this thread to shit talk. Who are you trying to convince these days?
    Manson still gets booked for these tours, asked to guest at other shows/events, TV roles etc. You'd think if all the jaded ex-fan opinions were so blatantly true, he'd be getting as much attention as Scott Stapp or some shit like that. As much as you hate who Manson is - I love that he's still around enough to keep a bunch of people talking about him and stirring the shit.

Just looking at your post history....You ONLY post on ETS about Manson....and its always to defend him.....Hmmmmm.....Earlier in this thread someone was wondering if Manson ever scrolls through this board....Based on your post history and blind loyalty to Manson....the cutesy name *Damian* (so evil ).....All I can say is....HI BRIAN

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Just looking at your post history....You ONLY post on ETS about Manson....and its always to defend him.....Hmmmmm.....Earlier in this thread someone was wondering if Manson ever scrolls through this board....Based on your post history and blind loyalty to Manson....the cutesy name *Damian* (so evil ).....All I can say is....HI BRIAN
    That was me who wondered if he scrolled these threads haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Who’s trying to convince who of what now? Are we supposed to be astounded that there are still people gullible enough to shell out cash to see a washed up has-been? Whenever he’s done or released something decent, the thread responds accordingly. It’s almost as if sucking obscene amounts of ass 99% of the time correlates directly with people calling you out on it. *Kanye shrug*

An example? I don’t know, let’s say the Korn thread. Do I listen to Korn? No. I’m 38. But are they disrespecting their fanbase by putting on half assed cash grab performances? From what I’ve heard, nope. Just doing their thing. The thread dictates that. See: Rammstein, Ghost, or any of the other musical threads. If there was another artist as awful and selfish as Big Brian, I’m sure a thread about them would have a few zingers here and there, no?
    Last edited by october_midnight; 11-15-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I can assure you I'm not MM - I've had this name on ETS well before they rebooted the forum, back from the 'phant days. A few people around here know who I am. But yeah, I do mostly keep tabs on this thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It's gotta be Haz, I know it!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    It's gotta be Haz, I know it!
    Oh man, I forgot about him! That Transformers thread got out of hand REAL fast! haha

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Oh man, I forgot about him! That Transformers thread got out of hand REAL fast! haha
    I kinda miss those transformers posts. They were a riot. It was popcorn hour at ETS. Pure gold.
    The Entertainment factor around these neck of the woods just hasn't been the same since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post

Whats going on friday ?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I kinda miss those transformers posts. They were a riot. It was popcorn hour at ETS. Pure gold.
    The Entertainment factor around these neck of the woods just hasn't been the same since.
    his account is re-activated, but.... I dunno, Manson could take a dehydrated piss and Haz would make lemonade

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    What about the assholes that shame him because he regards booze as more important than his dwindling fanbase that still actually shells out good money to see his bloated ass stink up a stage for 90 minutes on his knees out of breath? What about thoooose assssshoooles?!?
    As much as I'm still a fan, this train of thought has always put it into perspective for me. This is probably the mildest and most tactful way to put it, but there's an inherent cringe in knowing that there are so many fans shelling out good money just to see show not only mess up, but just get ruined altogether to the point of cancellation and serious injuries. Just the thought of fans working and saving just to see those concerts get shot to Hell never sat well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    I don't see any reason to hate Manson, nor even to look down on him. He is 50 years old, always was the "weirdo" who didn't fit into the mainstream culture. He always shifted between highly focused intelligence and being broken or incoherent. he always was like that. It's just weird to suddenly look down upon him for it. Not even the old excuse to look down on him makes sense: 'He isn't a skinny nearly anorexic 20 year old kid anymore". Indeed. Look at Trent Rezenor, look at Busta Rhymes, look at Corey taylor. They aren't 30 anymore, their bodies matured and widened. it's normal.
    As far as Marilyn Manson and the band itself, I always had a hunch that Marilyn Manson was hated from the start. (And I don't just mean from being deemed offensive and controversial.) For all I know, there could've been people that also dismissed him as a ridiculous try hard, or old hat, especially if they were already well into their 20s and 30s and beyond in 1994, probably from just having heard of and seen him during the Portrait of an American Family, Smells Like Children, Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals eras. And with him being into drugs even back then, they could've also found his drug use just as ridiculous too. I suppose it's just that the drugs didn't really catch up with him back then as it did from the mid 2000s until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Or maybe he'll take it seriously and have an ironic "come to Jesus moment"
    And from what I've read people admit before, it would be easily the most shocking thing he'd ever do.

Also bear in mind that since his shtick always has to be turned on, you shouldn’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth.
    For real. This is why I haven't bothered with any Marilyn Manson interviews as a proper read/listen. I'd often skim through it, or just pass on them entirely. I can't tell with them anymore either.

Who’s trying to convince who of what now? Are we supposed to be astounded that there are still people gullible enough to shell out cash to see a washed up has-been? Whenever he’s done or released something decent, the thread responds accordingly. It’s almost as if sucking obscene amounts of ass 99% of the time correlates directly with people calling you out on it. *Kanye shrug*

An example? I don’t know, let’s say the Korn thread. Do I listen to Korn? No. I’m 38. But are they disrespecting their fanbase by putting on half assed cash grab performances? From what I’ve heard, nope. Just doing their thing. The thread dictates that. See: Rammstein, Ghost, or any of the other musical threads. If there was another artist as awful and selfish as Big Brian, I’m sure a thread about them would have a few zingers here and there, no?
    I've read about Korn fans always referring to Korn putting on an excellent show from the fans even just in passing. If so, there would've been so many videos all over YouTube about it as well.

I actually feel the same exact way. I've sometimes wondered if they were also caffeine induced. They certainly seemed to be. (As a fellow caffeine lover.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    his account is re-activated, but.... I dunno, Manson could take a dehydrated piss and Haz would make lemonade
    Damn. As much as I'm cool with the guy... I can't deny that at all. And well, I always loved the way you put things like that.

In all seriousness though, I'm sure he'd make lemonade jokes about it too, perhaps in a gigantic yellow font to boot. (I'm also basing this on how he was/is at Provider Module.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-16-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Damian isn't MM or Haz but he is a legit source.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Damian isn't MM or Haz but he is a legit source.
    gunna need a fact check on this one

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Feel however you want to about Haz, but the fact that X amount of years after being banned he can STILL derail the Manson thread is impressive and really speaks to his legacy.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    always was the "weirdo" who didn't fit into the mainstream culture. He always shifted between highly focused intelligence and being broken or incoherent. he always was like that. It's just weird to suddenly look down upon him for it. Not even the old excuse to look down on him makes sense: 'He isn't a skinny nearly anorexic 20 year old kid anymore". Indeed. Look at Trent Rezenor, look at Busta Rhymes, look at Corey taylor. They aren't 30 anymore, their bodies matured and widened. it's normal.
    Not sure I follow any of this. For starters, Manson has been mainstream since the mid-90s. Playing worldwide arena tours, having your face on t-shirts at the mall, being played on MTV...if that's not mainstream, what is?

Don't understand the "always shifted between incoherent and focused" either. Every pre-2000 interview I saw with him made him appear thoughtful and intelligent, and any "bizarre" behavior was very clearly part of his image and not an inability to control himself.

And using Trent Reznor as an example? Yeah, look at him. He recognized his problems and got clean, got super buff, and took on the responsibilities of a husband and father. None of the things that Manson has done. If anything, it just shows that the only difference is that one of them cared enough about themselves to make a scary admission and put in an extraordinary amount of time and effort into become a better person, and the other one decided to act like they're still a kid. And that's the frustrating thing. Manson COULD be clean, in good shape, and capable of putting on a great show. But he chose not to expel the effort to make it happen. Let me put it this way: if he'd been an athlete who made it into the major leagues and then decided "I'm here, so I can do whatever I want," he would have been cut from the team immediately.

Manson was one of my favorite artists when I was young. I don't want to dislike him. I don't take any pleasure from thinking that he's completely destroyed himself and his career. I just don't get why so many people still think he's a great entertainer or someone to look up to.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Is he the creepy motherfucker who wrote something like "okay, whatever...I know where you live" in a very menacing tone long before it was revealed that the latest album had a track of a similar name? If so, I'd be satisfied with that counting as a fact check.

edit: yup
    Last edited by theimage13; 11-17-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Not sure I follow any of this. For starters, Manson has been mainstream since the mid-90s. Playing worldwide arena tours, having your face on t-shirts at the mall, being played on MTV...if that's not mainstream, what is?

Don't understand the "always shifted between incoherent and focused" either. Every pre-2000 interview I saw with him made him appear thoughtful and intelligent, and any "bizarre" behavior was very clearly part of his image and not an inability to control himself.

And using Trent Reznor as an example? Yeah, look at him. He recognized his problems and got clean, got super buff, and took on the responsibilities of a husband and father. None of the things that Manson has done. If anything, it just shows that the only difference is that one of them cared enough about themselves to make a scary admission and put in an extraordinary amount of time and effort into become a better person, and the other one decided to act like they're still a kid. And that's the frustrating thing. Manson COULD be clean, in good shape, and capable of putting on a great show. But he chose not to expel the effort to make it happen. Let me put it this way: if he'd been an athlete who made it into the major leagues and then decided "I'm here, so I can do whatever I want," he would have been cut from the team immediately.

Manson was one of my favorite artists when I was young. I don't want to dislike him. I don't take any pleasure from thinking that he's completely destroyed himself and his career. I just don't get why so many people still think he's a great entertainer or someone to look up to.
    It depends on how you look at it. You could state that he was relatively mainstream with the young millennial teens of the early 00's (and end 90's) who listened to rock, metal, and alternative genres and he was a main attraction for European festivals back then. At the same time you could easily notice that music like that was controversial and frowned upon, even up to those times. The whole dynamic simply changed by now. 20 years have passed since 1999 so now he became one of the modern oldies and is accepted for what he does... In a way he is living off of his past fame like many "oldies" before him.

I agree with all the rest you wrote. It's a nice and clean opinion. Just don't blast me with a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range if my posts are too condensed or contain a phrasing mistake. I'm not a native English speaker nor writer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Is he the creepy motherfucker who wrote something like "okay, whatever...I know where you live" in a very menacing tone long before it was revealed that the latest album had a track of a similar name? If so, I'd be satisfied with that counting as a fact check.

edit: yup
    I believe he's actually cringeon ,the guy who runs PM ,or at least use to run it ,the place is dead lately

But yeah he's legit

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Now that it's been mentioned, I figured that I might as well point this out.

Damian is in fact Cringeon. Damian is to Provider Module in the same exact way that Leviathant is to Echoing the Sound.

http://www.providermodule.com/site/s...php?v=cringeon

Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Feel however you want to about Haz, but the fact that X amount of years after being banned he can STILL derail the Manson thread is impressive and really speaks to his legacy.
    It's undeniable that he left one hell of an impression on ETS. I know it's also more than just the gigantic fonts, but that had to be one of the reasons as to why and how. I checked to be sure when that was and it's been 3 years and counting since July 30, 2016.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...217#post311217

I also don't think that's actually happened before, but with his username and overall reputation attached to Marilyn Manson, it sometimes seems inevitable. I know I'm not really helping by adding to the discussion, but it still seemed as simple as to not mention him at all, but at the same time I didn't mind because I got along well with him. In some ways, Hazekiah inadvertently helped me appreciate Eat Me, Drink Me and Born Villain as time passed by. (Not as the sole reason, but one of them.)

And to this day, I still don't think there's anything Marilyn Manson does that Hazekiah finds to be obviosuly "Bad." or even "Just okay." That's still very much consistent and true to him, even until now, and probably will be for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I believe he's actually cringeon ,the guy who runs PM ,or at least use to run it ,the place is dead lately

But yeah he's legit
    That's certainly him. You beat me to it, but I at least wanted to show the URL. And absolutely, very much agreed as it's like the equivalent of Leviathant providing news and information based on Nine Inch Nails.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-17-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    damn, it's really been 3 years since Haz was banned? I'm not gonna lie, I kinda miss the guy....but only kinda.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post

That's certainly him. You beat me to it, but I at least wanted to show the URL. And absolutely, very much agreed as it's like the equivalent of Leviathant providing news and information based on Nine Inch Nails.
    But Leviathant doesn't get song titles or single release dates ahead of the general public or before any of us. So, how does a guy who runs a MM fan site get access to that info before anyone else? Not denying it's not him, just odd how he would be more in the "know" than any other of us internet dwellers. How would a MM fan site admin know a new single is coming Friday? I googled high and low "Marilyn Manson, Nov 22nd" and the results don't bring up jack shit.

Ya figure we would have heard something by someone by now if the album was done and new singles were ready to drop. *shrugs*