Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that poster is so horribly designed in so many ways. i have a friend who's a graphic designer and i'm pretty sure that if i showed this to her, she'd have a heart attack.
    MS Paint needs love too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Let's not forget that Manson was a guest vocalist on a Gucci track a few years back. Granted, his part sucked, but, regardless.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Astroworld fest is mostly a bro fest and sea of white people anyway . I doubt the crowd will be much different than the Coachella crowd

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I could not have been a more devoted follower of Manson in the 90’s. I was there for Portrait. Dressed like him. Collected the magazines and interviews and devoured his every word. Dug into the music and read Crowley and Lavey and all of it. Grew up.

Manson never did.

Trent changed, matured, keeps getting better. Bowie did too. Brian Warner is so destroyed. He really was so talented. I don’t think he was like Kiss or some shock act. I think he was legit. But he never matured. Keeps killing himself slowly with all the junk he imbibes.

I’m genuinely sad, because I don’t see how a person comes back from being this far gone. It’s a real cautionary tale. I genuinely think 1999 Manson would DESPISE and possibly even try to murder 2019 Manson.

It really is so sad. I would love to have seen what he could have been if he cleaned up and moved on and healed. Dude has obviously always just been in pain.

Hope he finds his way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't see how M. Manson wouldn't fit in on a concert like that. It's all just music in the end. But... that poster looks as if somebody opened a paint tool for the first time while wanting to design a poster.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I could not have been a more devoted follower of Manson in the 90’s. I was there for Portrait. Dressed like him. Collected the magazines and interviews and devoured his every word. Dug into the music and read Crowley and Lavey and all of it. Grew up.

Manson never did.

Trent changed, matured, keeps getting better. Bowie did too. Brian Warner is so destroyed. He really was so talented. I don’t think he was like Kiss or some shock act. I think he was legit. But he never matured. Keeps killing himself slowly with all the junk he imbibes.

I’m genuinely sad, because I don’t see how a person comes back from being this far gone. It’s a real cautionary tale. I genuinely think 1999 Manson would DESPISE and possibly even try to murder 2019 Manson.

It really is so sad. I would love to have seen what he could have been if he cleaned up and moved on and healed. Dude has obviously always just been in pain.

Hope he finds his way.
    I was impressed by his part in the Michael Moore film about guns. He had some very thoughtful & intelligent insights. I guess he never bought into the all things in moderation theory or couldn't buy into it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    I like his cover and I like the video, could care less what the fat shaming assholes say.
    What about the assholes that shame him because he regards booze as more important than his dwindling fanbase that still actually shells out good money to see his bloated ass stink up a stage for 90 minutes on his knees out of breath? What about thoooose assssshoooles?!?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    At this point of someone is not educated enough to know exactly what he is and where he is at then them wasting money on his show is kind of deserved.

Clearly he's mentally ill and a full fledge addict. I don't think bashing him constantly about his appearance is something I would do, but after reading this thread, and the fact you needed to reply to my post it is apparent to me you don't subscribe to the same value system as I do.
    I guess not!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Highlight reel of Manson out and about at the Astroworld festival from yesterday

AND, video of the opening song. Look how EMPTY the crowd is. There's like 200 people there! Is anyone surprised though. Looks like he's playing a summer carnival fair lol.
    I bet that's his next stop anyway. Free summer fair shows with the price of admission to the fair, lol.

The crowd is totally not into this lol. Nobody is moving.

Last edited by ManBurning; 11-10-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    lol @ like 1:20 in to that second video when he does that goofy head bobble thing he does now hahaha.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Highlight reel of Manson out and about at the Astroworld festival from yesterday

AND, video of the opening song. Look how EMPTY the crowd is. There's like 200 people there! Is anyone surprised though. Looks like he's playing a summer carnival fair lol.
    I bet that's his next stop anyway. Free summer fair shows with the price of admission to the fair, lol.
    Oddly enough, two October’s ago he was scheduled to play at our state fair. The wife and I were set to go (if you paid admission to the fair you could go for free but we paid for better tickets) and that was when he hurt his leg and had to cancel.

Your fairs statement isn’t too far off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    At this point of someone is not educated enough to know exactly what he is and where he is at then them wasting money on his show is kind of deserved.
    I'll admit it. My first show was the very show the prop he attempted to climb fell on him, and even then, I thought to myself. "I knew what I was getting into. I brought this upon myself.", so I was anything but angry. Upset and disappointed since it was literally sad for me, but not aggravated at all.

As much as this is wishful thinking, had things not have gone wrong, I would've loved the show to have ended with Man That You Fear and Coma White back to back.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Sometimes, not often, but sometimes I wonder if all of us talking about him on here is actually contributing to his downfall.

I know that every now and then @teitan drops in for one reason or another, but can you imagine being Manson, deciding to take a peek on here and seeing all of this? If that’s not destructive enough for him I don’t know what is.

It’s gotta be tough for someone like him to have the status he does and not feel pressure from all angles. As much as I admit that he’s changed and that he’s not in his best way now, I do feel bad because of the burden that comes with having a profile as high as him has got to be a heavy one to have.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Sometimes, not often, but sometimes I wonder if all of us talking about him on here is actually contributing to his downfall.

I know that every now and then @teitan drops in for one reason or another, but can you imagine being Manson, deciding to take a peek on here and seeing all of this? If that’s not destructive enough for him I don’t know what is.
    I've been thinking about this at least since 2005 on ETS, but it didn't really hit me with full force until 2007 when Eat Me, Drink Me came out. If I remembered correctly, I think even The High End of Low era was also eviscerated much more severely. I'd also say it's even worse with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.

It’s gotta be tough for someone like him to have the status he does and not feel pressure from all angles. As much as I admit that he’s changed and that he’s not in his best way now, I do feel bad because of the burden that comes with having a profile as high as him has got to be a heavy one to have.

I also thought of this along with the Triptych being a very impossible accomplishment to top along with all of the controversy and hype/popularity he had in the late 1990s and early 2000s and just not having it as much as he once used to on that much of a massive scale.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't see any reason to hate Manson, nor even to look down on him. He is 50 years old, always was the "weirdo" who didn't fit into the mainstream culture. He always shifted between highly focused intelligence and being broken or incoherent. he always was like that. It's just weird to suddenly look down upon him for it. Not even the old excuse to look down on him makes sense: 'He isn't a skinny nearly anorexic 20 year old kid anymore". Indeed. Look at Trent Rezenor, look at Busta Rhymes, look at Corey taylor. They aren't 30 anymore, their bodies matured and widened. it's normal.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    He's an alcoholic who can barely make it through a 12-song set anymore. You're right though, he shouldn't be looked down on; he should be getting help.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don’t think anyone is bashing him here. I think it’s more about, “why isn’t this guy getting help, it is shocking how messed up he is”. I just watched footage from Astroworld. People are like, “oh that was so cool”, and I am seeing people having to help him up from a seated position. Help him down off the stage. He can’t speak coherently most of the time. How on earth is he going to make it to sixty?

he lost his mom and then his dad in pretty quick succession. He never seems to have matured, learned how to cope with pain in anything like a healthy way. Maybe that feels Rock and Roll when you are 27, but it’s just super sad now.

Brian Warner is a cautionary tale if there ever was one. You think when you are that age you are going to love life fast and die young, but I guess sometimes you just decay until it’s a humiliating living death that just on and on.

I remember idolizing the guy, now it’s like, “hey kids, this is where that road leads.” People always tried to say it was a bad idea and now you see it is. I think it’s actually really important to pay attention to it and talk about what we can all learn from it. Make better personal choices. Get help when we need it.

I really wish the guy the best and hope it isn’t too late for him to get help.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What I don't get is that he seems to put in effort in the studio and he sounds fine (cringey lyrics aside), but throw him on a stage and he's nowhere near that. I just wish he cared as much about his live performances as he seems to do in the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    Look at Trent Rezenor, look at Busta Rhymes, look at Corey taylor. They aren't 30 anymore, their bodies matured and widened. it's normal.
    Trent started working out immediately after he got sober, Busta simply gained a lot of weight, and Corey Taylor is a poor example because he hasn't really changed much in size and is in great shape right now.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 11-11-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Johnny Depps downward spiral into an abyss of drugs and alcohol seemed to coincide with his renewed friendship with Manson around 2012.....This idea Manson does drugs and booze because his parents died? His parents death gives him an excuse to stay high because he was out of his mind on drugs and booze since the mid 90s. 2 decades before the death of his mom and dad. Mansons drug use is not anything new. Jonathan Davis tells stories about how Manson got him so fucked up on coke and speed backstage before a festival show Korn and Manson played together in the mid 90s. McGowan left him in around 2001 because of the cocaine usage (she admitted it on Howard Stern at the time). God knows how fucked out of his skull he was when he was with Evan Rachel Wood. The dude is an addict. Hes been an addict since the mid 90s. Nick Cave was able to function for 20 plus years as an addict before he got his shit together. Manson is not able to function. Unless he gets his shit together (and stops surrounding himself with yes men) we all know how this story is going to end

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Antichrist is not on Spotify anymore, at least here in canaduh. Hopefully a remaster is coming
    I found the album via Spotify in the browser. You are correct that it is missing from the app. But I just streamed the whole album through my browser. Google search "antichrist superstar spotify".
    Even stranger, I imported all the songs into a playlist. Then when I went to the app and opened the playlist, I could access the album.
    The app's search feature just doesn't let you find it.
    Last edited by brotha52; 11-11-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Amazon music as well. Everything else is there. I was in a manson mood. Of course, the one i wanted to hear was nowhere to be found. Hopefully a sign of something cool to come?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Or maybe he'll take it seriously and have an ironic "come to Jesus moment"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I have a cousin who is an addict and won't seek help. We've all grieved losing her many years ago. She's not dead, but she's hit what we thought was rock bottom so many times, only to keep getting worse and to keep doubling down on he addictions.

We should probably all start grieving Manson now. He has repeatedly double-down on substance abuse. He's not going to stop.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I wonder how many people have really stepped in and tried helping him. Ive always gotten the vibe that he has enablers and he enables others.

He's kind of like Scott Weiland. Very clearlt has issues and it's well known. There was no helping him. Maybe this is what he wants. It's just sad.

Also, reminds me of a friend of mine (no longer with us). Incredibly smart and capable of doing great things but his issues get in the way.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I have a cousin who is an addict and won't seek help. We've all grieved losing her many years ago. She's not dead, but she's hit what we thought was rock bottom so many times, only to keep getting worse and to keep doubling down on he addictions.

We should probably all start grieving Manson now. He has repeatedly double-down on substance abuse. He's not going to stop.
    I have a friend like that. He's an alcoholic. He knows it. At least he did know it before, not sure if he's willing to admit it these days. He went to rehab as part of a punishment like 7 or 8 years ago. I think he was ready to quit, problem is, he met a woman in rehab who wasn't ready. When they both got out, she wanted to keep going and has - and he has followed suit and he's not doing well. I haven't heard from him in years, and this past summer I got a call from him out of the blue. We talked for like 2 hours, and he kept asking me things we already spoke about earlier during the conversation and repeating things. He even kept hanging up on me and calling back "by accident", I would ask him why he hung up and he said he didn't... His "woman" would even grab the phone away and start spewing nonsense to me. It was sad. All our mutual friends who have spent more time with him in recent years say he's not in a good space. Funny thing is, Marilyn Manson came up in conversation and he kept saying how far gone he was and how he's a mess now. I just couldn't help but see the irony in what he was saying. It was like the pot calling the kettle black. All I get are drunk texts from him now every few weeks. It's painful to see someone you know in that condition.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-11-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I wonder how many people have really stepped in and tried helping him. Ive always gotten the vibe that he has enablers and he enables others.

He's kind of like Scott Weiland. Very clearlt has issues and it's well known. There was no helping him. Maybe this is what he wants. It's just sad.

Also, reminds me of a friend of mine (no longer with us). Incredibly smart and capable of doing great things but his issues get in the way.
    He certainly seems to be a severe enabler. Famous people constantly seem to destroy their lives and fall down the downward spiral each and every time they renew their friendship with him. Though Brian Warner seems to realize that something is wrong as there is an interview in which he explicitly says that he wouldn't be surprised about him having autism. Not even a paraphrase, watch the interview to find out what he says.

It should be in this interview:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Also bear in mind that since his shtick always has to be turned on, you shouldn’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Manson to open for Ozzy's 2020 North American tour dates...
    Oh boy. This is going to be an even bigger mess than the twins of evil tour.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/oz...OY9OPpKpluAzSc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Manson to open for Ozzy's 2020 North American tour dates...
    Oh boy. This is going to be an even bigger mess than the twins of evil tour.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/oz...OY9OPpKpluAzSc
    Nice! TWO guys who haven't been very good live since forever ago!

Fuck it, I'm joining in on the "Manson sucks live" group. I've accepted that hardly anyone here has many positive things to say about him. I like pretty much all of his albums, though some more so than others, but he seems like he's pretty much lost his energy on stage. He's gone from rock's last major boogeyman to a guy whose mind is barely even there.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    "Marilyn is killer live," Ozzy says. "He's so fucking out there, and if I think that, then look out, we're all fucked.
    Ozzy probably should've checked out some performances from the last decade before making that statement.