Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2505

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    2018 was probably my best year for concerts as well! I saw the majority of my favorites — A Perfect Circle (x2), Tool, Alice in Chains, Avenged Sevenfold, Ghost, Cake, Ben Folds, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, NIN (x2), Atmosphere, Prof (x3), Foo Fighters — all in one year. I think I've seen pretty much all of my favorites between 2017 and this year, it's been a good 3 years in a row, really. I kinda wish I had caught the Manson/Zombie show in Fargo (I've never seen either), but I would have had to drive there and go by myself because none of my friends are fans of MM. It sounds like he's been mostly terrible live the last several years anyway, so it would have been a gamble. Did anyone catch the Fargodome show and if so, was he "good" that night?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I sometimes feel like an outsider here because the only time I've seen MM (last year in Europe), he did a pretty decent show. Of course nowhere hear the level of his golden years, but good nethertheless. He was perfectly sober, didn't slur mumble through songs and even hit a few high notes I wasn't expecting him to.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I sometimes feel like an outsider here because the only time I've seen MM (last year in Europe), he did a pretty decent show. Of course nowhere hear the level of his golden years, but good nethertheless. He was perfectly sober, didn't slur mumble through songs and even hit a few high notes I wasn't expecting him to.
    He's essentially a wild card now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    He's essentially a wild card now.
    Accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    A. I couldn’t resist; and
    B. This is an excellent cover.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    ^^ literally the first thing I thought (at first I thought he meant that he did the song live at that show and I was floored...then I re-read it. Whoops.)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    A. I couldn’t resist; and
    B. This is an excellent cover.
    From the soundtrack that also included this;

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Just got this today and it sounds great! Tracklisting is correct to, as I heard some boots are mislabeled.

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Just got this today and it sounds great! Tracklisting is correct to, as I heard some boots are mislabeled.

How much did that run ya and where did you get it?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    How much did that run ya and where did you get it?
    https://rollinrecs.com/marilyn-manso...ist-superstar/

Looks like he's out of stock now, but will probably get more soon. Normally $60 but he had a handful with slight cover damage and I managed to snag one for $30. The damage is very minimal so I'm happy with it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Just got my hands on this pink variant of the Holywood bootleg....I'll clean it here soon before playing it and then give a review. The jacket is just like the ACSS jacket but this one actually comes with an insert.

(sorry for the GIANT photos, imgur doesn't resize them it seems)

and it seems these do come with the usual bootleg defects...hopefully this doesn't effect play

The original pressing didn't come with this bonus track, right?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Legit question

Why buy a bootleg of an album on vinyl? Wouldnt the master be the digital version anyway? Im really curious.

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Legit question

Why buy a bootleg of an album on vinyl? Wouldnt the master be the digital version anyway? Im really curious.
    when i sold all my MM albums on discogs last year, i got $200 for my original pressing of Holy Wood, and that was at the low end of what people were asking for it. i'm guessing that's a big factor. (i had bought it at amoeba records in west hollywood in 2002 for $25 and only played it three times)

also, @NotoriousTIMP you are correct, the original pressing did not have that as a bonus track

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    The original pressing didn't come with this bonus track, right?
    I checked mine and you are correct, no bonus track nor does it have an insert. Then again, as far as an insert is concerned, the damn thing is close to 20 years old and any insert might have been lost in the shuffle. Bootleg or not, its awesome you got a copy of HolyWood.

Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Happy 21st birthday to Mechanical Animals.
    Damn... We're old. I remember buying this record the day it was released like it was yesterday.
    Good times. Great record.