Page 70 of 135 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

What? They played 19 songs? that is the rare part
    He usally sings like 10 songs where 3 of them he is too drunk or high to sing.

19 songs wow, this should be his longest concert.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I don't know if I could consider Coma White to be a "rare" song though.
    I agree, the strangest/rarest thing about that set was that he played 19 songs.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 10-27-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah Coma White isn't rare. But Dried Up & Cake and Sodomy are. Tainted Love and Love Me Tender, too even. I'm sure he still sounded like shit though, regardless of how deep he chooses to get with the setlists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sweet dream is an encore now ?? ok why not .I read on PM that he actually just did the first verse of cake&sodomy and not the whole song

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    That's actually a pretty good setlist. The question then becomes how well did he play the songs? It seems to me that he half-asses (if that) everything these days.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    More like 16 to 17 actual song performances based on that (updated?) setlist.fm listing.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That's actually a pretty good setlist. The question then becomes how well did he play the songs? It seems to me that he half-asses (if that) everything these days.
    Cake and Sodomy (first verse and chorus only)

That's not even half-assing it. That's like a quarter ass at most. And don't even get me started on the other two aborted songs (two lines and done.)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/maril...-6b9626ae.html

Last night's Birmingham set. On paper it looks quite nice. Opening the show with Prelude is how it should be.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I like how it apparently also counts as a "song". Even if he read those 8 lines live.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I reckon Pogo is coming back. Old stuff in the setlist & he's binned off his facebook

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I reckon Pogo is coming back. Old stuff in the setlist & he's binned off his facebook
    That would be hilarious, after all the shit he has talked, it would be the perfect analogy of a little brat that stops crying once he gets his toy back.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Either that or he's getting sued.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah, MWG is coming back.. and Trent will produce the next album, too lol.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Aand Manson will remove two more ribs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The cover is a picture of him dressed as the Wonder Years kid sucking his own dick. The circle of life is completed.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    He will murder a puppy for every pre-order.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Last night I dreamed that Smells Like Children was getting some deluxe reissue treatment, with the recalled promo tracks and samples reinstated, never-before heard TR remixes, and a live soundboard featuring some nonexistent drummer named "Windex the Kraken" who "came on board for a few shows after Lucas but before Ginger, but sucked so they kicked him out."

My one-time love for this band and all the lunacy it represented still haunts my subconscious, it seems.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    "Windex the Kraken"

As the kids say on the instagram or whatever, "I'm dying".

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    My one-time love for this band and all the lunacy it represented still haunts my subconscious, it seems.
    Nothing to be haunted by. The music, art and performances that made us all fall in love with the band still exist and are just as legitimate now as they were then. Manson may be an absolute train wreck in every aspect possible but every everything 2003 and prior are still legendary and completely worth all the merit in the world.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Happy 50th Birthday to Marilyn Manson today!

If anyone deserves to have a "Maynard's 50th birthday" type of show/party thing thrown, it should be him. In the day and age of celebrities overdosing and dying young, I am surprised he made it this far. Good on him though. No ill will wished here, just stating an observation. Given his track record the last few years, he didn't seem to be in too good of health.

If Manson was to have some sort of 50th birthday concert/celebration, do you think Trent would be invited and/or show up?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    If Manson was to have some sort of 50th birthday concert/celebration, do you think Trent would be invited and/or show up?
    Cue inevitable Starfuckers, Inc cover, now with mumbling, bumbling, and forgotten lyrics!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Happy 50th Birthday to Marilyn Manson today!

If anyone deserves to have a "Maynard's 50th birthday" type of show/party thing thrown, it should be him. In the day and age of celebrities overdosing and dying young, I am surprised he made it this far. Good on him though. No ill will wished here, just stating an observation. Given his track record the last few years, he didn't seem to be in too good of health.

In some of my wildest dreams, I hope that would happen and just make everything better... or at least most of it. Ideally, it would just bring everything back just the way it was. Anyway, I also wish the best to Marilyn Manson as well.

And thanks to Antichrist Superstar, I just imagine all Marilyn Manson albums fusing with the Nine Inch Nails album released closest to each of them.

It's quite the cycle. I owe it to Marilyn Manson for helping me find Nine Inch Nails and vice-versa.

(Aside from still finding most of Marilyn Manson's music enjoyable and relatable, that is.)

And it's not like I can do anything about it, but those stories of him when shit goes down makes me cringe in horror. I still see why people mock it and hate it, but it also just gives me chills of impending doom and despair, so I just try to appreciate him as much as I can while he's still around. Ministry seems to be a fair comparison, but I just don't know how Al does it. I think that's why I've been in awe of Ministry of the fact that he's still standing, while somehow pulling it off better, although he did admit that he almost died before. Just from the looks of it, Trent seems to have taken the safest route out of all of them. (Which is always far more than a good thing, and I mean that in a compliment to the highest order in the best way possible.)

This still makes me wonder how other musicians would've been spoken of if they survived, as it's just one of those "You just never know." types of deals/scenarios/situations.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-08-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/maril...wesome-2427768

Apparently he DID have a private 50th birthday party. Courtney Love, Karen O, Jonathan Davis and Yoshiki from X Japan were just some of the guests in attendance. Guessing no Trent hahaha.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/maril...wesome-2427768

Apparently he DID have a private 50th birthday party. Courtney Love, Karen O, Jonathan Davis and Yoshiki from X Japan were just some of the guests in attendance. Guessing no Trent hahaha.
    I’m sure Trent would have rather been strapped to the machine from the HIS video than attend that event.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Two random Manson thoughts.

1) I put on Portrait at the gym today. Planned on a 20 minute jog. Ended up running straight through the album...because it's the first time I've started it from the opening track in a long time, and goddamn, I forgot how good this CD is.
    2) People seem to trip over themselves praising Coma White, but as far as "end of album / lower tempo" songs go, Man That You Fear kicks its ass so hard it's not even funny.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    1) I put on Portrait at the gym today. Planned on a 20 minute jog. Ended up running straight through the album...because it's the first time I've started it from the opening track in a long time, and goddamn, I forgot how good this CD is.
    I remember listening on a walkman back in the 90's while I was outside walk/running somewhere. Dogma came on, and I got such a rush of energy thinking what a cool song it was to run to.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Rock Iconz Marilyn Manson statue based on "The Beautiful People" look.

https://knucklebonz.com/product/mari...TKU202E8_KtYgQ

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Denny’s should have a Manson bobble head promotion.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I actually genuinely love that. Might put on Antichrist Superstar later tonight. It's been a long time since I've listened to it.