Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 2050

Thread: Marilyn Manson

  1. #1711
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    2,630
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    but the 15 minute extended versions are where its at

  2. #1712
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah but that looks so...cool... wow can't even commit to that joke in text haha. what a dumb logo. there are so many ways to do interesting gemotrical shapes / mandalas without making them look even remotely like swastikas so i don't get why people keep doing shit like that other than to be ~edgy~
    I see a throwing star. Manson's definitely looks like a swastika, but the Metallica one makes me think of ninjas.

  3. #1713
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A place both wonderful and strange
    Posts
    2,007
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^Literally every single other kid I discussed Metallica with at the time called it "The Metallica ninja star."

  4. #1714
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    637
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    ^Literally every single other kid I discussed Metallica with at the time called it "The Metallica ninja star."
    The cooks at the restaurant I worked at during that era, who were nuts about Metallica, eventually ended up—with rather a lot of encouragement from me—calling it more or less a tribal tattoo for paper dolls. It looked to me like you'd steamrolled someone's shitty tribal armband tattoo.

  5. #1715
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    You know the Beck thread is going well when it's become the Metallica ninja star thread

  6. #1716
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    637
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    You know the Beck thread is going well when it's become the Metallica ninja star thread
    I think it might actually be a sign that the Merlin Masob thread is going well that no one is currently discussing an onstage or offstage meltdown.

    Or criminal charges. Or allegations of any kind against him.

    When it comes to Mr. Masob, Beck news is good news?

  7. #1717
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    1,794
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I guess this thread will be open for about another week.

  8. #1718
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A place both wonderful and strange
    Posts
    2,007
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Potentially more related to the artist or man or less: every time I see this thread at the top I feel a sense of dread. Only one?

  9. #1719
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    2,630
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Potentially more related to the artist or man or less: every time I see this thread at the top I feel a sense of dread. Only one?
    For now, you shouldn't. Once the summer tour starts and all the bad options are there, readily available for him to partake in, then you should start to worry.

  10. #1720
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    What page number do you reckon the thread will be on when he dies? I reckon 72

    I would dearly love him to straighten up and do something totally different

  11. #1721
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,723
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Apparently Manson's going to be on the upcoming season of the Norman Reedus motorcycle show, he'll be riding in the sidecar along with Norman no less.

    This i gotta see.

  12. #1722
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    What page number do you reckon the thread will be on when he dies? I reckon 72

    I would dearly love him to straighten up and do something totally different
    I agree that he's become an embarrassing shit show and I take shots at him regularly (mostly because I remember how great he used to be), but speculating on how soon he's going to die is taking things to a whole new level of poor taste.

  13. #1723
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I agree that he's become an embarrassing shit show and I take shots at him regularly (mostly because I remember how great he used to be), but speculating on how soon he's going to die is taking things to a whole new level of poor taste.
    I'm very sorry to have sullied the thread about the manchild with Nazi tattoos who fetishises domestic abuse

  14. #1724
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    6,223
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Exactly. Why does Big Brian get a pass?

  15. #1725
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    In fairness, this is the only forum I post on, I respect all you guys and consider myself a guest in your house, wont happen again.

    But! He's a naughty boy and complaining about poor taste in a thread about him is like bemoaning bad language in a Richard pryor thread.

    But anyway, enough before I denigrate this non apology any further

  16. #1726
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    996
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Exactly. Why does Big Brian get a pass?
    I'm not saying he deserves a pass at all. I just think it's kind of a messed up thing to say. In fact, it's the kind of thing "Big Brian" would say, is it not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In fairness, this is the only forum I post on, I respect all you guys and consider myself a guest in your house, wont happen again.

    But! He's a naughty boy and complaining about poor taste in a thread about him is like bemoaning bad language in a Richard pryor thread.
    Touché.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 04-08-2018 at 11:27 AM.

  17. #1727
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,811
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    This performance actually isn't half bad!
    Just too bad he doesn't bother to perform this way at his own shows. Goes to show you the guy still has it in him if he cleaned himself up.


  18. #1728
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The last time I saw Manson in 2015 (I think) it was fantastic. He performed so hard like he had something to prove. With how he's been on stage lately, I don't want to see him. I want to remember how awesome he was, not remember him stumbling around drunk onstage. And I only want to go to the Twins of Evil II (which...why are they trying this again?) to see Rob Zombie. But where they're playing in my city is too far.

  19. #1729
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw him here in MN a couple months ago and honestly, he must have good days and bad days. He sounded amazing! I was shocked at how good he was this tour after hearing he has some bad nights. Traveling to St.Louis to see him with Rob Zombie in a couple months. Hopefully he is good then too!

  20. #1730
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,798
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I've seen Manson numerous times over the last few years, every time he comes to Boston. He always puts on a good show. I know a bad show when I see it (Pumpkins in 2008, Scott Weiland during the last few years), and Manson delivers the goods.

  21. #1731
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,246
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    He’s a very hit or miss performer but when he hits he really hits (the opposite is true as well). I feel like touring with SP helped him focus a lot on trying to keep it together, and he was on a pretty good upward climb at the time, and then last year happened. It’s weird he hasn’t hit up Florida since 2015 since this has always been a state he does dates in.

  22. #1732
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,534
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    He’s a very hit or miss performer but when he hits he really hits (the opposite is true as well). I feel like touring with SP helped him focus a lot on trying to keep it together, and he was on a pretty good upward climb at the time, and then last year happened. It’s weird he hasn’t hit up Florida since 2015 since this has always been a state he does dates in.
    maybe since his dad died he's felt like he can't go "home"?

  23. #1733
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,811
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

  24. #1734
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good read, thanks. Still 100% my favourite MM album by a long way.

  25. #1735
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Recent shows have been showing Mazza more lively and more importantly coping better with vocals. Band lineup is gelling together pretty nicely too. Cohesive all around.
    Dare I say he might be on the mend?

  26. #1736
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,652
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Saw him yesterday in Stockholm. First time seeing Manson live. I really only went because I was already there for APC, and MM show was really cheap (just 12 Euro for the admission to the park where he played if you got there no later than 6PM).
    After years of following his career through ETS and disastrous YouTube vids, I really had no expectations whatsoever.
    Well, I was honestly surprised by how good was the performance. Brian was 97% sober, wasn't out of breath, didn't slur, didn't fall down or break any stage props, was in really good mood and hit pretty much all the notes that mattered.
    The only real downside was that it was too short, just about 70-75 minutes. Also, they band really needs a 5th member to get Disposable Teens right because the percussion was really lucking.
    Overall, the show was 7/10 by my scale.

  27. #1737
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    1,794
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Recent shows have been showing Mazza more lively and more importantly coping better with vocals. Band lineup is gelling together pretty nicely too. Cohesive all around.
    Dare I say he might be on the mend?
    This comment gets posted at the start of every single Manson tour. Hope you're right this time, but I'd still consider it a roll of the dice buying tickets.

  28. #1738
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, at this point I have no plans on buying tickets for Manson shows. I think it's too hit or miss. It seems like he has great shows and bad ones. I'm happy I got to see him twice and the second show was absolutely phenomenal.

  29. #1739
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,906
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Yeah, I would equate being a Manson fan to being a Bills fan. 90s? Yeah, fucking great.

    Now? Every year it's "yeah last year was bad but we made great changes and it's totally gonna be our year." And then every year, some brief flashes of "holy crap, maybe this is really the year..."

    ...and then it all implodes in some new and exciting fashion.

  30. #1740
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    2,072
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Brian
    please don't tho

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions