Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    but the 15 minute extended versions are where its at

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah but that looks so...cool... wow can't even commit to that joke in text haha. what a dumb logo. there are so many ways to do interesting gemotrical shapes / mandalas without making them look even remotely like swastikas so i don't get why people keep doing shit like that other than to be ~edgy~
    I see a throwing star. Manson's definitely looks like a swastika, but the Metallica one makes me think of ninjas.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ^Literally every single other kid I discussed Metallica with at the time called it "The Metallica ninja star."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    ^Literally every single other kid I discussed Metallica with at the time called it "The Metallica ninja star."
    The cooks at the restaurant I worked at during that era, who were nuts about Metallica, eventually ended up—with rather a lot of encouragement from me—calling it more or less a tribal tattoo for paper dolls. It looked to me like you'd steamrolled someone's shitty tribal armband tattoo.

Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    You know the Beck thread is going well when it's become the Metallica ninja star thread

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    You know the Beck thread is going well when it's become the Metallica ninja star thread
    I think it might actually be a sign that the Merlin Masob thread is going well that no one is currently discussing an onstage or offstage meltdown.

Or criminal charges. Or allegations of any kind against him.

When it comes to Mr. Masob, Beck news is good news?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I guess this thread will be open for about another week.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Potentially more related to the artist or man or less: every time I see this thread at the top I feel a sense of dread. Only one?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Potentially more related to the artist or man or less: every time I see this thread at the top I feel a sense of dread. Only one?
    For now, you shouldn't. Once the summer tour starts and all the bad options are there, readily available for him to partake in, then you should start to worry.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    What page number do you reckon the thread will be on when he dies? I reckon 72

I would dearly love him to straighten up and do something totally different

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Apparently Manson's going to be on the upcoming season of the Norman Reedus motorcycle show, he'll be riding in the sidecar along with Norman no less.

This i gotta see.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    What page number do you reckon the thread will be on when he dies? I reckon 72

I would dearly love him to straighten up and do something totally different
    I agree that he's become an embarrassing shit show and I take shots at him regularly (mostly because I remember how great he used to be), but speculating on how soon he's going to die is taking things to a whole new level of poor taste.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I agree that he's become an embarrassing shit show and I take shots at him regularly (mostly because I remember how great he used to be), but speculating on how soon he's going to die is taking things to a whole new level of poor taste.
    I'm very sorry to have sullied the thread about the manchild with Nazi tattoos who fetishises domestic abuse

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Exactly. Why does Big Brian get a pass?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    In fairness, this is the only forum I post on, I respect all you guys and consider myself a guest in your house, wont happen again.

But! He's a naughty boy and complaining about poor taste in a thread about him is like bemoaning bad language in a Richard pryor thread.

But anyway, enough before I denigrate this non apology any further

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Exactly. Why does Big Brian get a pass?
    I'm not saying he deserves a pass at all. I just think it's kind of a messed up thing to say. In fact, it's the kind of thing "Big Brian" would say, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In fairness, this is the only forum I post on, I respect all you guys and consider myself a guest in your house, wont happen again.

But! He's a naughty boy and complaining about poor taste in a thread about him is like bemoaning bad language in a Richard pryor thread.
    Touché.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 04-08-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    This performance actually isn't half bad!
    Just too bad he doesn't bother to perform this way at his own shows. Goes to show you the guy still has it in him if he cleaned himself up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The last time I saw Manson in 2015 (I think) it was fantastic. He performed so hard like he had something to prove. With how he's been on stage lately, I don't want to see him. I want to remember how awesome he was, not remember him stumbling around drunk onstage. And I only want to go to the Twins of Evil II (which...why are they trying this again?) to see Rob Zombie. But where they're playing in my city is too far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw him here in MN a couple months ago and honestly, he must have good days and bad days. He sounded amazing! I was shocked at how good he was this tour after hearing he has some bad nights. Traveling to St.Louis to see him with Rob Zombie in a couple months. Hopefully he is good then too!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I've seen Manson numerous times over the last few years, every time he comes to Boston. He always puts on a good show. I know a bad show when I see it (Pumpkins in 2008, Scott Weiland during the last few years), and Manson delivers the goods.

Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    He’s a very hit or miss performer but when he hits he really hits (the opposite is true as well). I feel like touring with SP helped him focus a lot on trying to keep it together, and he was on a pretty good upward climb at the time, and then last year happened. It’s weird he hasn’t hit up Florida since 2015 since this has always been a state he does dates in.

Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    He’s a very hit or miss performer but when he hits he really hits (the opposite is true as well). I feel like touring with SP helped him focus a lot on trying to keep it together, and he was on a pretty good upward climb at the time, and then last year happened. It’s weird he hasn’t hit up Florida since 2015 since this has always been a state he does dates in.
    maybe since his dad died he's felt like he can't go "home"?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good read, thanks. Still 100% my favourite MM album by a long way.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Recent shows have been showing Mazza more lively and more importantly coping better with vocals. Band lineup is gelling together pretty nicely too. Cohesive all around.
    Dare I say he might be on the mend?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Saw him yesterday in Stockholm. First time seeing Manson live. I really only went because I was already there for APC, and MM show was really cheap (just 12 Euro for the admission to the park where he played if you got there no later than 6PM).
    After years of following his career through ETS and disastrous YouTube vids, I really had no expectations whatsoever.
    Well, I was honestly surprised by how good was the performance. Brian was 97% sober, wasn't out of breath, didn't slur, didn't fall down or break any stage props, was in really good mood and hit pretty much all the notes that mattered.
    The only real downside was that it was too short, just about 70-75 minutes. Also, they band really needs a 5th member to get Disposable Teens right because the percussion was really lucking.
    Overall, the show was 7/10 by my scale.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezstyle View Post
    Recent shows have been showing Mazza more lively and more importantly coping better with vocals. Band lineup is gelling together pretty nicely too. Cohesive all around.
    Dare I say he might be on the mend?
    This comment gets posted at the start of every single Manson tour. Hope you're right this time, but I'd still consider it a roll of the dice buying tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, at this point I have no plans on buying tickets for Manson shows. I think it's too hit or miss. It seems like he has great shows and bad ones. I'm happy I got to see him twice and the second show was absolutely phenomenal.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Yeah, I would equate being a Manson fan to being a Bills fan. 90s? Yeah, fucking great.

Now? Every year it's "yeah last year was bad but we made great changes and it's totally gonna be our year." And then every year, some brief flashes of "holy crap, maybe this is really the year..."

...and then it all implodes in some new and exciting fashion.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Brian
    please don't tho