Page 12 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tomorrow could be something... according to Tyler Shields. 5/22/17...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam411 View Post
    Tomorrow could be something... according to Tyler Shields. 5/22/17...
    Nah ,its problably just for is own work in photography

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Nothing is happening tomorrow.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Nothing is happening tomorrow.
    That kind of seems like the sort of lyric Manson would repeat over and over in a new song.

Anyway, I'm having bacon tomorrow so there!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I liked "Born Villain" and loved "The Pale Emperor"; but man ...he sure is an expert on ruining expectations

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I mean at this point is anyone here still hyped at all for this next one? And we all acted like Trent was bad about announcing things and giving updates with NTAE. At least he stuck to his release window and fucking delivered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm style hyped for the next record ,but i do not care for his marketing technique
    -"14/02/2017 comin in hot " yeah we got squat on v-day
    -4 cryptic video that seem to lead up to something and then nothing ,wich is stupid cuz the media was talking about it (like v-day )
    -The album new name is drop in one of the worst interviews ever ,it was horrible on both side of the mic imo
    -Now he has announced tour dates ,revamped all his social media ,but still no release date for the album

I dont know who is in charge of all this ,but the guy sucks ,he lost all of his momentum.I hope for his sakes that the single is the best thing he ever released as a single in his career ,he's gonna need it

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well I guess the real reason for the silence and delay was that he is very busy being in 5 seconds of an Elton John video for a song from 45 years ago:

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Did anyone go to the "Let Me Make You a Martyr" premiere last night in Los Angeles?

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...trailer-watch/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoting myself from nin spotting but, anyone else find it interesting that the nin.com post regarding that festival specifically mentions "Manson the next night" considering their past? First Trent posted about Antichrist on his Instagram, then I think he followed him on IG or Twitter or something, and now this? Probably doesn't mean anything, just seemed worth mentioning.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I dont know who is in charge of all this ,but the guy sucks
    I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing his first name is Marilyn.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I mean at this point is anyone here still hyped at all for this next one? And we all acted like Trent was bad about announcing things and giving updates with NTAE. At least he stuck to his release window and fucking delivered.

I haven't been truly hyped for a Manson release since circa 2009 or so. And that makes me very sad. Still, Tyler Bates is supposed to have worked on this one too, so that alone to me is promising.

I make a mental note to check in about once a month to see if there's been any news, but that's as far as my enthusiasm takes me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    @ninjaw mentioned in this post ( http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...457#post355457 ) that the masters for Antichrist have been found. Is that true?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    @ninjaw mentioned in this post ( http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...457#post355457 ) that the masters for Antichrist have been found. Is that true?
    huh?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    First I've heard about it. I call simple misunderstanding on someone's part, unless anybody can provide me with a reputable and recent sources confirming that the masters for Antichrist Superstar are in fact accounted for. To the best of my knowledge, they're still "missing" (in quotes because I don't know if they were genuinely lost or if something intentional took place).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    First I've heard about it. I call simple misunderstanding on someone's part, unless anybody can provide me with a reputable and recent sources confirming that the masters for Antichrist Superstar are in fact accounted for. To the best of my knowledge, they're still "missing" (in quotes because I don't know if they were genuinely lost or if something intentional took place).
    My understanding was that the masters for some of the songs had been found, but not the full album.

The last I heard was that there were quite a few songs missing. Although they could probably recreate those tracks, after all, Trent had to do it for the remaster of TDS, as they had the same issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that they went missing during/around the time of hurricane Katrina and the subsequent relocation of the studio formerly known as Nothing Studios to its current location.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I think this guy scrapped his new record. Way the derail the hype train, Mansob.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I thought TR destroyed the masters in a drunken rage...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    after the really really surprisingly good pale emperor I WAS indeed looking forward to this, but yeah... all momentum is lost right now. It wasn't that high to begin with as the marketing kicked off very slowly but it has vaporized it seems and now I don't know if I should bother anymore.

We will see what comes out of the woodwork...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    My understanding was that the masters for some of the songs had been found, but not the full album.

The last I heard was that there were quite a few songs missing. Although they could probably recreate those tracks, after all, Trent had to do it for the remaster of TDS, as they had the same issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Thats the first ive heard of both some of the ACSS masters being found, and of the Rez having to recreate parts of TDS for the remasters. Can you point me towards sources?

(im seriously interested in this subject, not being a dick or calling anyone out)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Some songs still had multis/stems available from radio edit/remix sources - but I don't believe anything beyond those has been found. Would be awesome if they weren't actually trashed, but just held by TR since it was under his production. A proper remix/master of The Reflecting God or the like would be amazing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I think this guy scrapped his new record. Way the derail the hype train, Mansob.
    I think he spoke too soon.

However my hype has gone down to near abysmal levels by the lack of communication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Some songs still had multis/stems available from radio edit/remix sources - but I don't believe anything beyond those has been found. Would be awesome if they weren't actually trashed, but just held by TR since it was under his production. A proper remix/master of The Reflecting God or the like would be amazing.
    What's wrong with The Reflecting God that a proper remix or remaster would fix? That track in particular has amazing fidelity.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_crisp View Post
    What's wrong with The Reflecting God that a proper remix or remaster would fix? That track in particular has amazing fidelity.
    Drop the crowd out of the Last Tour mix and you have the definitive version, imo. If it had Inauguration on the front, bonus!

I suppose he doesn't sing the full original lyrics, though...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So Marilyn Manson has done a cover of Stigmata by Ministry which will be in Atomic Blonde movie and on the soundtrack....

I really hope it's good. Please don't be embarrasingly bad.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    So Marilyn Manson has done a cover of Stigmata by Ministry which will be in Atomic Blonde movie and on the soundtrack....

I really hope it's good. Please don't be embarrasingly bad.
    what makes you think it might be embarrassingly bad?

was it his awful, nearly-carbon-copy version of "personal jesus"?

or his pointless cover of "tainted love"?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I loved the tainted love cover. Every cover he has done since however has been an absolute abortion.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    All about Down In The Park.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what makes you think it might be embarrassingly bad?

was it his awful, nearly-carbon-copy version of "personal jesus"?

or his pointless cover of "tainted love"?

Highway To Hell actually. Worst cover in his catalog.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    He seems better known for his covers by a lot of crowds than for his own original work. I dislike most of them (Down in the Park, Rock n Roll and Spell On You being the exceptions), but I remember feeling like my eyes were going to Raiders of the Lost Ark out of my skull when somebody I knew didn't believe that Personal Jesus wasn't his song.

So, uh -- whatever happened to that "6/19" bullshit? Were we just "entitled fans" again for thinking that hints a release date might mean something?

I seriously forgot there's a new album at some point this year.