Page 102 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It would be SO refreshing if he put out an album that didn't have a photo of him on the cover. Especially one that is quite obviously trying to hide his double chin.
    The Progression of the Chin. New album name.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    The Progression of the Chin. New album name.
    Portrait of an American Chin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mechanical Chinimals.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    BECAUSE HE'S FAT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    His obvious discomfort is embarrassing, especially since it’s coming from somebody who used to embody confidence in the unconventional but it’s pathetic to me that every few pages this thread becomes people making the same fat jokes about the guy. I get the same vibe from it as I do from the type of liberals that love making homophobic jokes about Trump and Putin, like they’re bathing in the joys of an excuse to mock someone in a way they usually aren’t allowed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Smells Like...Chindren?

Seriously though: Never-Ending Astral Vampire CAN NOT be the title of anything. He can't be THAT lacking in self-awareness...I hope?

And, when it does come out (Q1 2023), I just hope is doesn't sound as country as I'm afraid it's going to.

I actually liked a lot of HUD, some of the best stuff he's done since GAoG.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    His obvious discomfort is embarrassing, especially since it’s coming from somebody who used to embody confidence in the unconventional but it’s pathetic to me that every few pages this thread becomes people making the same fat jokes about the guy. I get the same vibe from it as I do from the type of liberals that love making homophobic jokes about Trump and Putin, like they’re bathing in the joys of an excuse to mock someone in a way they usually aren’t allowed.
    Marilyn Manson is husky, this has nothing to do with homophobia or politics.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Marilyn Manson is husky, this has nothing to do with homophobia or politics.
    (not singling you out here, jon, but just responding to the issue in general)

but it does have to do with fatphobia and people's immediate reaction to make fun of the dude for BEING husky. is he a mess? yeah. does he look it? yeah. but that doesn't mean everyone has to make fun of his double-chin. it's a cultural thing that people are so quick to mock fat people simply for being fat, and it's disgusting. lots of people are fat. not all of them are unhealthy (just like not all thin people are healthy). most people surprisingly seem to be sympathetic to his issues with drug & alcohol addiction and don't really make fun of him for that, they hope he gets better. why is it a stretch to ask that people are forgiving of the fact that he's gained weight over the years and not just lay into him for it?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    (not singling you out here, jon, but just responding to the issue in general)

but it does have to do with fatphobia and people's immediate reaction to make fun of the dude for BEING husky. is he a mess? yeah. does he look it? yeah. but that doesn't mean everyone has to make fun of his double-chin. it's a cultural thing that people are so quick to mock fat people simply for being fat, and it's disgusting. lots of people are fat. not all of them are unhealthy (just like not all thin people are healthy). most people surprisingly seem to be sympathetic to his issues with drug & alcohol addiction and don't really make fun of him for that, they hope he gets better. why is it a stretch to ask that people are forgiving of the fact that he's gained weight over the years and not just lay into him for it?
    Extremely fair, my point was more of less this: if a kid is fat-shaming, and you want to correct that behavior, you don't tell them they're acting like a liberal hypocrite. Completely unnecessary. You would do precisely what you just did.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Can’t y’all just scroll up to view this SAME conversation that was had maybe like, 6 months ago? Crazy that this keeps coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yeah, are we seriously gonna turn this thread back into making fun of Fat Brian? Seems like we just got over that.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    liberal hypocrite
    These words do not necessarily go together.

Also, liberals do not generally make homophobic jokes. That goes against their ethos.

Either that, or the word means something completely different where I'm from.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Of all the things to make fun of Manson about his chins are the least of my worries.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

And, when it does come out (Q1 2023), I just hope is doesn't sound as country as I'm afraid it's going to.
    Not really a country fan, but it would be interesting to hear him move in that type of direction.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Not really a country fan, but it would be interesting to hear him move in that type of direction.
    Well, there's this...I think he did the music with Shooter Jennings.

Also, I think he's been peppering that in since TPE.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Normally fat shaming Brian would be bad but if what this guy did to Evan Rachel Wood is even half true....Then fuck him.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Normally fat shaming Brian would be bad but if what this guy did to Evan Rachel Wood is even half true....Then fuck him.
    Then just lock the thread. Someone. I'm out.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Body shaming is never acceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Manson is a piece of shit. I won't pearl clutch for him.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Body shaming is never acceptable.

Rape/sexual abuse is a lil worse than making a fat joke on the interwebs about a multi millionaire who could care less

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I feel like 90% of people who come to this thread aren't fans in any way and just come to flame Manson. How about you all piss off? I'm not talking about people saying they think his last album sucked but liked XYZ. I'm talking about the people bringing up the same points over and over about his flaws. If you don't like him or agree with things he has done in his past, why are you wasting time on him?

Rape/sexual abuse is a lil worse than making a fat joke on the interwebs about a multi millionaire who could care less

I don't think anyone is disputing what you commented - no one said it was worse. That kind of attitude is one of the worst things in the world. 'X person did X thing wrong (allegedly btw) so it's ok to be abusive towards them.' Are people not taught two wrongs don't make a right in this day and age? From the way you type, i'm guessing you're just a 16 year old internet troll anyway so you're probably just looking for a bite...I guess you succeeded.

Hoping we get some new music in the next few weeks - Manson has teased something is coming.
    Last edited by voidnz; 07-17-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    ... and how exactly does that make it acceptable for you to behave in this way towards another human being?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I thought this was the best thing he'd done since Pale Emperor, honestly. I would absolutely not mind him leaning harder on this sound. His better metal and industrial days pretty clearly seem behind him—which is fine. Fucking dude is 50.

But I worry where I worry a goth-country album would take him right now, though—considering the past five years he's made more than a few stray statements in which he seems to be leaning into a growing belief that a mob is coming for the rich white guys—is to a pretty gross and shitty place. Considering that irony has always been his main communicative idiom, and also that this is the guy who whipped out "Pretty as a Swastika" and defended it as a clever and edgy backhanded compliment, I would worry that any country-influenced album would see him doing southern drag schtick. I don't mean "drag" in the sense of gender here; I'm looking at "drag" as any stereotype performativity which, at its core, is what gender-based drag is. And I no longer trust Manson to be insightful enough to interpret and interpolate stereotypically southern or country themes using his brand of hamfisted irony and have the resultant product feel like critique; I feel like a 2020 Manson version of "country" would just end up, hopefully unintentionally, being the cover story in the next issue of Stormfront. And then he'd be defending how "you look so pretty in your sharp white sheets" was a perfectly cromulent compliment for a southern love song—say what you will about the badness of racism, but ironed sheets always look nice and hygienic.

But I have no clear idea that he's leaning this direction, nor do I know that I'd be right that, if he did, he couldn't execute it well. This is just me worrying.
    I really enjoy that song and agree that I would love for him to go in a whole album/direction of softer/quieter songs. I think he excels with softer songs these days. His harder/faster/metal/industrial songs make it seem like he's trying too hard. I think NIN excels with Harder/Faster songs still, but opposite with this guy. I'd rather have a more mellow/chill Manson album now to be honest.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The last '90s-style' hard song he did to which I had an extremely positive response was "Overneath," in 2012, on an album that featured literally nothing else of similar flavor which I thought was done well.
    "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day"?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nope. I won't take it away from you, if you like it, but Villain, in my opinion, was 7% excellent, 28% July trash can scent, 65% unflavored ice milk. Which was actually maybe a net ratio improvement from Low, which I found to be 7% excellent, 32% good, 26% ice milk, and 35% "what is this red thing on my dick?"
    I just meant in terms of it being more in line with the earlier stuff. "Overneath" is certainly, and arguably, the best on that album, but I think "Murderers" had some strengths. His screaming, most notably, took me by surprise when I heard it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day"?
    I personally cannot stand that song.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ah. Sure, I can give you that. My original statement was that “Overneath” was the only thing of its kind to which I had an extremely positive reaction; I thought you were asking if I hadn’t reacted positively to “Murderers” as well.
    My bad. I should have specified.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yeah, are we seriously gonna turn this thread back into making fun of Fat Brian? Seems like we just got over that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The most shocking thing he could possibly do at this stage of his career, given how desensitized the world is today to the point where even the peak of his 90s shock rock run seems mild, is drop the entire Marilyn Manson shtick and just release a solid, softer acoustic album as Brian Warner.

But even that would probably only make minor headlines for a few days and everyone would move one.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    The most shocking thing he could possibly do at this stage of his career, given how desensitized the world is today to the point where even the peak of his 90s shock rock run seems mild, is drop the entire Marilyn Manson shtick and just release a solid, softer acoustic album as Brian Warner.

But even that would probably only make minor headlines for a few days and everyone would move one.
    That would probably be a healthy move for him though. To stop pretending to be Marilyn Manson, let the persona die and start taking care of himself, getting help for his issues and get honest with himself about who he really is and where he's really at in life.