Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The arts and crafts thread

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

The arts and crafts thread

I hope this isn't a duplicate thread.

Anyways my wife is on a huge Harry Potter kick and we have our place decorated with Harry Potter stuff for Halloween. Anyways I surprised her with a set of wands from the Harry Potter series, all made by hand and painted by my untalented ass!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    My g/f is making things with fabric and yarn. Take a look at her Instagram, she has some cool handbags for sale on Etsy, suitable for holding arts and crafts supplies. Plus gratuitous photos of Panda!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I went HAM and made 15 envelopes, dyed them with coffee and hand made little wax seals for them. We don't have a fireplace so a vent had to do. Here's the extent of our decorations for the time being.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I went HAM and made 15 envelopes, dyed them with coffee and hand made little wax seals for them. We don't have a fireplace so a vent had to do. Here's the extent of our decorations for the time being.
    oh my god. that is amazing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh my god. that is amazing.
    Turns out all you need to make wax seals is a carved potato for the emboss, hot wax and red acrylic paint. Then you just dip the printer paper in coffee, let them dry and then go to town!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I just added a papercraft hedwig, this is dope as fuck.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    My Instagram Art Page: @ickyart666

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Been painting the last few years, anyone else dabble in watercolor? I’ve been bouncing in and out of that world for a bit. Anyways here’s a watercolor of Clownvis Presley.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I just made some ornaments "2020 Was Icky"

https://www.etsy.com/listing/9022420...home_active_1#

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Looking to make some extra rent money this month. Everything on my Etsy page ships free in the US and I ship everything with free old nu-metal stickers and promo items. Got some art prints as well as a few hand-made Zines. I'm REALLY proud of my Zines, especially the Modern Mixtape Zines, where I've made a bunch of fake soundtracks and such, and the third issue is a Covid Issue, with all playlists about the Pandemic, etc.

Please check out my art, and feel free to throw me some dollars if you like any of it. None of the people I know here in KC really give a shit, so I'm just sitting on all this stuff.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RichardPepperArt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for sharing this!!

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tony, this is fantastic. Great work dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Azam Umer View Post
    Thanks for sharing this!!
    I can't wait to read more of your contributions to this nine inch nails fan message board.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I just posted a new little art piece for Valentine's Day: https://www.etsy.com/listing/9519007..._home_active_1

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So quarantine has made me a bit restless so I decided to dust off my old camera and snap some shots of some Star Wars toys (while adding in some photoshop effects). This then prompted me to look into building dioramas and I've had mild success (sorry for the large photos)

I learned quickly that certain types of spray paint dont mesh well with styrofoam and it ended up eating away at it. I tried to salvage this piece but ended up giving up as I was not happy with the look...

I have since moved on to a bigger set and used acrylic paint this time around which yielded better results. It's still a work in progress but I like where it's going. Now I'm waiting on a 3D printed door to come in from eBay to help tie this all together.

and finally, I watched a YouTube video on how to make fire/explosions for a diorama set and I must say I was pleased with my first attempt at making one - Made from cotton balls and a tea light. Here it is in action

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 02-02-2021 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face

OK so this is a super long shot, but does anyone else here do yarn crafts? And does anyone have ANY idea what sort of yarn the sweater for the Closer video is made of? It seems to be both a tape structure AND have a halo which I have no idea what that even is BUT I WANT TO MAKE IT!

Last edited by andthebassgoes-baaaaahm; 04-10-2022 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Image didn't display right