Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Patriots Day

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Disliking the process doesn't mean they dislike the music that was made. I highly doubt the vinyl delay is tied to their (theoretical) distaste for the project - it's just that they've been on the road pretty much constantly since 2017, or engrossed in a billion scoring projects, and don't have the time to look over test pressings and art. I think it's that and nothing more regarding the vinyl.
    And, by other logic that's being stated that dislike = vinyl delays, that's implying that Trent hates With Teeth, Year Zero, The Slip, and the Quake soundtrack.

Right.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I do think it's one of the strongest scores - maybe because it's much more concentrated than GDT, Gone Girl, or Vietnam. Nearly every track feels distinct to me, like I could put a name to each one if I heard it out of the context of the album.

I suppose it is more obvious when you think about it - big budget action/drama film, big name headlining star, clearly a studio-driven film. It was probably a substantially different experience compared to working with a director like Fincher or Ken Burns, or the smaller scale of Before the Flood. I can't imagine they'd do something like that again.
    I would assume working on a big budget film means you would have a lot of pressure to bring the best work. It may not be as enjoyable because of that, for sure.

But damn, their score brings so much more depth to the film. "Terminus" when one of the bombers gets run over by the car and then is in the OR coding... That was intense. Before TR/AR, I never really took scores in to account in a film. But I now appreciate scores more than ever.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Spoke with someone at Lakeshore and asked if it was happening or not because fans want to know.

This is their response:

"No updates so far in either direction. - sorry!"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Spoke with someone at Lakeshore and asked if it was happening or not because fans want to know.

This is their response:

"No updates so far in either direction. - sorry!"
    Thank you for keeping up on this!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wish TR would release the FYC film version along with the album soundtrack as a deluxe edition.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FineFinchTails View Post
    I wish TR would release the FYC film version along with the album soundtrack as a deluxe edition.
    I would just be happy with the commercial release on vinyl...