Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Patriots Day (2016)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I have reached out to Lakeshore Records numerous times to ask about the vinyl release with ZERO response. I am assuming this release is dead.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    So I have reached out to Lakeshore Records numerous times to ask about the vinyl release with ZERO response. I am assuming this release is dead.
    I'm guessing it's because the film didn't do that well. The scores for Before The Flood and The Vietnam War also got more attention overall.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's still got a placeholder on nin.com alongside Quake and the other Definitive Editions. I think the store is preparing to release them all at the same time instead of piecemeal, and they have to make sure they're ready for that before doing any of it. I wouldn't say it's dead until the placeholder disappears from the store.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

Finally got my hands on these beautiful babes today..

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What's that Greatest Hits CD? A bootleg?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Yes let's talk about that for a bit? What is that? Track listing? Etc etc etc.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Patriots Day

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Yes let's talk about that for a bit? What is that? Track listing? Etc etc etc.
    Discogs is your friend: https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...elease/2118682

Didn't realize Pinion was a "greatest hit" (or "And All That Could Have Been" for that matter, though it shoulda been).

And check out the artwork:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post

Didn't realize Pinion was a "greatest hit" (or "And All That Could Have Been" for that matter, though it shoulda been).

Interesting. I would def pick up if I ever run into a copy even though I have all the tracks.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    The Greatest Hits is a Russian bootleg from 2008, albeit a well-curated one. All of the actual singles up to Year Zero are included, rounded out by crucial album cuts from across the years. I have a similar Deftones 2-CD greatest hits from the same company in 2010 that is equally as thorough. They're both relatively hard to find, so when this one popped up, I jumped on it. I will gladly pay money for an officially sanctioned GH by either band, should they ever materialize..

The FYC Patriot's Day package has -- from what I can discern -- a significant amount of additional score music that was not included on the original PD release. Is anyone familiar with these FYC editions and know why they contain different/additional music than the original releases? I'm pretty sure The Social Network had an FYC edition as well, but I don't own that one yet, so I couldn’t say if it differs or not..

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post

nincatalog is also your friend
    http://nincatalog.com/unauthorized/g...its-ru-cd-987/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    The FYC Patriot's Day package has -- from what I can discern -- a significant amount of additional score music that was not included on the original PD release. Is anyone familiar with these FYC editions and know why they contain different/additional music than the original releases? I'm pretty sure The Social Network had an FYC edition as well, but I don't own that one yet, so I couldn’t say if it differs or not..
    Im almost positive in saying that TSN FYC had variation as well. To my knowledge, these releases are different bc they only feature the music as it was heard, and used in the film specifically. And not the necessarily the “finished” final product that will be released at a later date, but I could be wrong

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Finally got a not-shitty response. Lakeshore kept giving me the runaround but Imvada at least gave us something in their Instagram AMA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is this release still happening? Also, does anyone have any knowledge about the next wave of vinyl releases that were scheduled on NiN.com?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Trent and Atticus have done a couple interviews now where they mention that not every scoring experience went as well as they'd like, and I can't help but feel that Patriots Day is the one they're talking about every time. It seems the most out-of-place, aside from maybe Before the Flood, but they even did a vocal track for that one, so I really think it's just this project.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Trent and Atticus have done a couple interviews now where they mention that not every scoring experience went as well as they'd like, and I can't help but feel that Patriots Day is the one they're talking about every time. It seems the most out-of-place, aside from maybe Before the Flood, but they even did a vocal track for that one, so I really think it's just this project.
    it's 100% Patriot's Day. They've mentioned practically every score they've done by name in a positive sense for years now. And then there's Patriot's Day, which they've never discussed and still won't mention by name.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Unless there was another one that they bailed on or never came to fruition? But yeah, of the ones they've released, this is the one I'd put my money on, too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I was thinking the same exact thing and couldn't help but think that it's Patriot's Day. It's the only one that has not been "promoted" by the TR/AR camp and to date, we still have no proper release.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Patriots Day is one of my favorite scores they have done. Big bummer if that's so.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's the only movie with TR&AR music I haven't seen yet.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Patriots Day is one of my favorite scores they have done. Big bummer if that's so.
    I do think it's one of the strongest scores - maybe because it's much more concentrated than GDT, Gone Girl, or Vietnam. Nearly every track feels distinct to me, like I could put a name to each one if I heard it out of the context of the album.

I suppose it is more obvious when you think about it - big budget action/drama film, big name headlining star, clearly a studio-driven film. It was probably a substantially different experience compared to working with a director like Fincher or Ken Burns, or the smaller scale of Before the Flood. I can't imagine they'd do something like that again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, with no CD and/or vinyl release I finally cracked down and purchased a download of the album last week. I hate when it's digital only.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    If they hate Patriot's Day so much than why did they put a placeholder for the vinyl up on NIN.com and why would Lakeshore still to this day say that the vinyl is happening.

I honestly believe none of the test pressings have been approved... With TR/AR on tour and doing the EP's, this is probably still in limbo. AND if the test pressings aren't approved, it then becomes a backwards trail, sometimes all the way back to the lacquer cutting to determine what went wrong. This can be a shit long process to even get to the bottom of and get a new test press out for approval.

For all we know, that test press that Lakeshore posted on Instagram a few months ago, is just sitting at TR's house and they haven't listened to it.

Please don't start the "it isn't happening" train yet until Lakeshore says it's gone.

EDIT:

Well fuck, maybe he does hate PD...

https://www.spin.com/2018/10/trent-r...pm_2mkNhrGIyPQ
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 11-01-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well fuck, maybe he does hate PD...

https://www.spin.com/2018/10/trent-r...pm_2mkNhrGIyPQ
    You should read the rest of what he said in that interview. It's not nearly as bad as this quote makes it out to be. That said, the project he regrets is either Patriots Day or one that never got put out. Or maybe Call of Duty, if we count projects without Atticus.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    He does say "We've made mistakes," which implies the inclusion of Atticus.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If they hate Patriot's Day so much than why did they put a placeholder for the vinyl up on NIN.com and why would Lakeshore still to this day say that the vinyl is happening.

I honestly believe none of the test pressings have been approved... With TR/AR on tour and doing the EP's, this is probably still in limbo. AND if the test pressings aren't approved, it then becomes a backwards trail, sometimes all the way back to the lacquer cutting to determine what went wrong. This can be a shit long process to even get to the bottom of and get a new test press out for approval.

For all we know, that test press that Lakeshore posted on Instagram a few months ago, is just sitting at TR's house and they haven't listened to it.

Please don't start the "it isn't happening" train yet until Lakeshore says it's gone.
    I don't see any contradiction here.
    He might be disappointed in the project overall, but it doesn't mean he should hate the actual score they did.
    Last edited by fillow; 11-01-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Disliking the process doesn't mean they dislike the music that was made. I highly doubt the vinyl delay is tied to their (theoretical) distaste for the project - it's just that they've been on the road pretty much constantly since 2017, or engrossed in a billion scoring projects, and don't have the time to look over test pressings and art. I think it's that and nothing more regarding the vinyl.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Disliking the process doesn't mean they dislike the music that was made. I highly doubt the vinyl delay is tied to their (theoretical) distaste for the project - it's just that they've been on the road pretty much constantly since 2017, or engrossed in a billion scoring projects, and don't have the time to look over test pressings and art. I think it's that and nothing more regarding the vinyl.
    And, by other logic that's being stated that dislike = vinyl delays, that's implying that Trent hates With Teeth, Year Zero, The Slip, and the Quake soundtrack.

Right.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I do think it's one of the strongest scores - maybe because it's much more concentrated than GDT, Gone Girl, or Vietnam. Nearly every track feels distinct to me, like I could put a name to each one if I heard it out of the context of the album.

I suppose it is more obvious when you think about it - big budget action/drama film, big name headlining star, clearly a studio-driven film. It was probably a substantially different experience compared to working with a director like Fincher or Ken Burns, or the smaller scale of Before the Flood. I can't imagine they'd do something like that again.
    I would assume working on a big budget film means you would have a lot of pressure to bring the best work. It may not be as enjoyable because of that, for sure.

But damn, their score brings so much more depth to the film. "Terminus" when one of the bombers gets run over by the car and then is in the OR coding... That was intense. Before TR/AR, I never really took scores in to account in a film. But I now appreciate scores more than ever.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Spoke with someone at Lakeshore and asked if it was happening or not because fans want to know.

This is their response:

"No updates so far in either direction. - sorry!"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Spoke with someone at Lakeshore and asked if it was happening or not because fans want to know.

This is their response:

"No updates so far in either direction. - sorry!"
    Thank you for keeping up on this!