Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Day (2016)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    It's now Long Shadows on the Street. Although when it when it first went up I think it was We Forget Who We Are.
    So neither of them are unique to the website or "unreleased"?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This is getting burned to disc and left in the CD player in the car, to be turned on pretty much every single time I drive while it's dark out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tidal just now sent me new links to download but it still stops/stalls out at track 8- The Night Drive. Where all of the other tracks show a 1 or 0 under the downloads left, there is nothing for track 8. I sent them some screenshots to show them what I'm seeing. The one track that everyone is raving about is the one I can't download. FRUSTRATED! My advice, don't be impatient like me and wait for the nin vinyl or somewhere else to purchase lossless.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It's possible that it will show up soon at us.7digital.com. Before the Flood is there. Not sure why Patriots Day hasn't shown up yet. Wide releases usually hit all the digital platforms at the same time. 7digital will be cheaper than Tidal too.

Also, I don't know if you caught the post earlier, but Patriots Day will be released on Vinyl + HD download on nin.com at some point soon. Like Before the Flood, that probably means 24-bit lossless, and nin.com will likely be the only venue to obtain the 24-bit files.

Unfortunately, neither of those options does anything for trying to obtain them NOW.
    Same question as always show me your source for nin.com
    Same story for Qobuz store... except there still are no way of getting 24bit in europe, including nin.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So neither of them are unique to the website or "unreleased"?
    Correct.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anyone tried to make a better album cover that's more aesthetically relevant to their other scores?

I'm playing around with it right now. I'll post if I come up with anything decent. If anyone beats me to the punch, more power to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor, you cost me a lot of money these days...

I hadn't had the chance to listen to the "For Our Consideration"-version somebody leaked for chistmas, what will all the Events that are Not The Actual Events and re-issues and deviations... so this is actual my first go. The .mp3 don't sound bad at all, I was actually amazed of the sound effects created in "We Forget Who We Are".

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Downloaded the album via amazon, sounds great. Loving this score. Kind of reminds me of the instrumentals from ​Still.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    So I'm guessing as soon as I hit "buy" on iTunes the vinyl will become available on NIN.com

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    So I'm guessing as soon as I hit "buy" on iTunes the vinyl will become available on NIN.com
    It's just been announced on vinyl lol https://www.facebook.com/LakeshoreRe...54069167231423

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It's just been announced on vinyl lol https://www.facebook.com/LakeshoreRe...54069167231423
    Do you know when I can buy it on NIN.com and get the download? Sorry for the impatience I just want to listen to it but I don't want to buy it twice.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Do you know when I can buy it on NIN.com and get the download? Sorry for the impatience I just want to listen to it but I don't want to buy it twice.
    Invada releases normally come with a download, but no idea if it will come to nin.com. Stream it for now and buy it later?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    @sheepdean where can I buy this Invada release?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    @sheepdean where can I buy this Invada release?
    Did you read the link? You can't yet. It's coming soon. And keep an eye on http://www.invada.co.uk/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    @sheepdean Yeah I read it, I just thought maybe you knew more about its actual release date. Thanks for the link to invada looks like they are also going to rerelease Low. I guess I will have to get that as well.
    Just so know I hate all social media so I don't do Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any of that shit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Bought on Google Play, 9.49 € including 1.58 € tax for me, downloaded 159 MB zip file, Windows reports 320kbps mp3, copyright in ID3 tag Lakeshore Records, artist "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross".

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    FYI, this table is fairly up-to-date regarding download formats available at various online music retailers. It doesn't give a good breakdown of what regions each retailer serves though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...e_music_stores

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    FYI, this table is fairly up-to-date regarding download formats available at various online music retailers. It doesn't give a good breakdown of what regions each retailer serves though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...e_music_stores
    And quality, quobuz does 24bit except for Before the flood.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Another interview with details on the process of making the PD score: http://collider.com/trent-reznor-att...day-interview/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does the quobuz version of Gone Girl have the click problems at the beginning and end of "Clue One" like the official nin.com download?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Stay away from Tidal. Their solution to my problem was to refund 1.49 for The Night Drive track that won't download.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vivisection13 View Post
    Stay away from Tidal. Their solution to my problem was to refund 1.49 for The Night Drive track that won't download.
    Never used their download service, but I have been a Tidal HiFi subscriber here in Canada for more than a year. When I downloaded the soundtrack to listen offline on my phone, "The Night Drive" had some skips in it towards the end. It plays okay otherwise (streaming in the browser and desktop app), I'm going to contact them about it.
    Last edited by botley; 01-16-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Never used their download service, but I have been a Tidal HiFi subscriber here in Canada for more than a year. When I downloaded the soundtrack to listen offline on my phone, "The Night Drive" had some skips in it towards the end. It plays okay otherwise, I'm going to contact them about it.
    Won't even give me the option to play "The Night Drive" through the browser. I'm in the U.S., weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tidal now says that track 8- The Night Drive is not available in the U.S..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm just disputing it on my card. It's FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vivisection13 View Post
    Last edited by FineFinchTails; 01-16-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I can't stop listening to this score. It really is just beautiful.

There is a real underlying feel of humanity and adversity as well as the darkness and horror.

I feel that TR/AR just keep getting better.

I am the first to admit I had reservations based on the subject matter, but I need not have been concerned.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    I can't stop listening to this score. It really is just beautiful.

There is a real underlying feel of humanity and adversity as well as the darkness and horror.

I feel that TR/AR just keep getting better.
    I've enjoyed everything so far, but the quality really jumped for me with Gone Girl. I can't believe Patriots Day is 69 minutes as it feels like the proper length, whatever that means.

It's dreary and feels like late autumn outside. A perfect day for music such as this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I've enjoyed everything so far, but the quality really jumped for me with Gone Girl.
    At first, I wasn't as in love with the GG soundtrack as I was the first two films, but then it finally clicked. This one seems to know exactly which moves to make, and also how to surprise, if that makes sense. It's structured in the best, most fluid way. Some parts remind me of The Haxan Cloak, some remind me of Hans Zimmer.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Is there a comparison yet of the official release tracks vs. the FYC version? I'm enjoying the score, but the official seems so short compared to the 34 minute longer FYC version, so I'm curious which were excluded.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Is there a comparison yet of the official release tracks vs. the FYC version? I'm enjoying the score, but the official seems so short compared to the 34 minute longer FYC version, so I'm curious which were excluded.
    Wait, what?

I didn't give two shits about the FYC version before. But you're telling me it's over half an hour longer than the official release?

Innnnnnnteresting...