Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Before the Flood (2016)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, it' a little odd -- after seeing the doc, I found that the music wasn't half as stand-out in the film rather than in isolation. It all worked just fine, but it didn't really "pop" in the way it does in all their Fincher collabs. I get that it was an information-based movie and so there were few lulls of silence, but it was pretty strange to notice. I enjoyed it greatly (thought the film was overall fantastic) but might see this becoming one of my most-listened to scores of theirs simply because I think if I wanna take the music in, I'd rather hear it alone, whereas something like Dragon Tattoo, I can put that film on to enjoy the music along with it because it all blends so well into a bizarre gigantic music video of sorts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Good news everyone ! (Well, the one who ordered the Vinyl on the UK store)

I finally got the WAV 24/48 download: I just contacted the US store (email adress here: https://store.nin.com/pages/faq) and told them about the situation (no WAV files for the UK customers etc...) and add my order summary from when I ordered the vinyl, and I receive a link from them to download it (careful, only 3 downloads possible).

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Announcement about the soundtrack on LP and CD was supposed to go out via Invada Records newsletter today. Did anyone subscribe to the newsletter?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    no lol
    tenchars

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah. Invada is doing a co-release with Lakeshore for the Digital and CD in the States. They said that vinyl information would be announced shortly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Was I the only one cracking up about the music playing during the methane gas from cow farts segment of the film? Like it must have been hard for Trent and co. to keep straight faces when they were coming up with the music for that part... and in context the music sounds kind of comical.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Amazon says the CD is coming Dec. 16

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    there are other remixes from the songs on the movie comparing to the album. it'll be a good thing to get the fyc cd ost.
    by the way: the movie contains a few interesting theories.

https://www.beforetheflood.com/screenings/
    from twitter.....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    For those of you downloading streams..which did you grab? I've grabbed two so far and the YouTube 1080p is at a lower bitrate (2000kbps @23fps) than the NGC 720p steam (2500 @30fps)

Both have similar stereo audio

Just want to make sure I grab the best quality version before watching. Ideally 1080p, 5.1 audio and at a decent bitrate.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    there are other remixes from the songs on the movie comparing to the album. it'll be a good thing to get the fyc cd ost.
    by the way: the movie contains a few interesting theories.
    which theories are you referring to?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    For those of you downloading streams..which did you grab? I've grabbed two so far and the YouTube 1080p is at a lower bitrate (2000kbps @23fps) than the NGC 720p steam (2500 @30fps)

Both have similar stereo audio

Just want to make sure I grab the best quality version before watching. Ideally 1080p, 5.1 audio and at a decent bitrate.
    So, dailymotion obviously, as it's the only one with subs... and huge : 6000kbps 25fps 4.3GB

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    watch the movie and you'll see

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I found the one 1/2lb burger = 42 miles in a (iirc) Prius etc both bonkers and scary at the same time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    So, dailymotion obviously, as it's the only one with subs... and huge : 6000kbps 25fps 4.3GB
    Excellent. Thanks for the tip.

I just noticed there's a 1080p DD5.1 web-dl floating around, but it's only about 2.2gb.

Is the dailymotion stream in surround?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    watch the movie and you'll see
    I watched the movie, and I didn't see anything earth shattering. Granted, I'm a Climate Change teacher at a University, so I was pretty familiar with most things that were presented. That's why I was wondering about the theories you are referring to.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    anybody else hear similarities to "Juno" in "Trembling" ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    OK, so the documentary was OK, but I am used to BBC Horizon series, so nothing that much interesting.

Regarding "8 Bilion" and some not-thinking-much people, my mind came up with "A just need, a minute to breed..."

Also, the soundtrack is OK, but in no way can it be compared to real soundtracks like TGWTDT. This is just a weekend hobby by-product.
    Last edited by Substance242; 11-02-2016 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Watched it yesterday. So this is basically a new version of Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth, which I saw just a week before this film's announcement by coincidence.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I hadn't been listening to a TR+AR soundtrack as much as when Social Network OST came out...it's so good! I think TR+AR really benefitted from bringing outsiders into their creative process. Dammit, I need the vinyl, but it's 55 USD with shipping. I'll probably bite the bullet in December, as a Christmas present for myself.

My TR+AR score ranking would be:
    1. Social Network
    2. Before the Flood
    3. TGWTDT
    4. Gone Girl
    Last edited by cahernandez; 11-02-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So far from listening to this....the most interesting moments have come from Mogwai.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I watched the movie, and I didn't see anything earth shattering. Granted, I'm a Climate Change teacher at a University, so I was pretty familiar with most things that were presented. That's why I was wondering about the theories you are referring to.
    not partically the technical aspect, i mean, but more the game important people play, the self critical leonardo, that indian woman who is very critical to the us etc etc.
    overall it's good to let 'usual/normal' people watch this movie. not everybody is a CC-teacher
    Last edited by witte; 11-02-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    not partically the technical aspect, i mean, but more the game important people play, the self critical leonardo, that indian woman who is very critical to the us etc etc.
    overall it's good to let 'usual/normal' people watch this movie. not everybody is a CC-teacher
    No worries dude, I do have to say that the moment with the Indian woman was very interesting, one of the best in the film. If I remember correctly, Leo DiCaprio says something like “we have the (clean) tech available so it’s now a matter of making this happen” and then Indian lady says “yes, that is available but you have to change’s people attitudes about this issue, you can have all the renewable energy in the world but if people’s consumption patterns do not change, nothing will change” and then DiCaprio DOWNPLAYS her answer and I said out loud something like “Really, DiCaprio? (facepalm)”…I fully agree with the lady there, it’s a matter of people’s behavior.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Who is that singing on the track? Because it does not sound like Trent to me, unless he modified his voice to sound completely different like he did on that one HTDA track where he sounds like Phil Collins.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Who is that singing on the track? Because it does not sound like Trent to me, unless he modified his voice to sound completely different like he did on that one HTDA track where he sounds like Phil Collins.
    Which track? "A Minute To Breathe"? It's definitely Trent.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I'm more interested in finding out what HTDA track is being referred to in which Trent supposedly sounds like Phil Collins.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I'm more interested in finding out what HTDA track is being referred to in which Trent supposedly sounds like Phil Collins.
    Most likely referring to "Is Your Love Strong Enough?". I remember a few people saying that when it was first released.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Most likely referring to "Is Your Love Strong Enough?". I remember a few people saying that when it was first released.
    Oh, I suppose if you squint your ears.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just saw the film. I thought it was really good and insightful about the dangers of climate change as there is something we can do. The problem is that we're dealing with a bunch of greedy corporate businessman who don't believe nor care about the issue as they're just concerned about taking your fucking money. Leo was excellent in this as I also liked the score a lot though I'm still not up in arms about the song that Trent sings. The lyrics aren't so great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The only time I hear it is during the "nah nah naahh nah nahh" and background "ooohhhh" parts, otherwise it doesn't sound like him to me at all. It only occured to me last night that it could be him when I didn't see another person credited on the song.

And yes the HTDA song is "Is Your Love Strong Enough?", that's totally Phil Collins singing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^he did say he was singing in a different register to what he's used to but I still don't get how you can not recognise it's him