Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Before the Flood (2016)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Jeez, people are complaining about not having a stream on their favorite service and lack of lossless option which can't be anything but temporary? What the hell is wrong with everyone?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Jeez, people are complaining about not having a stream on their favorite service and lack of lossless option which can't be anything but temporary? What the hell is wrong with everyone?
    Guess we expected too much from TR.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Acting like spoiled children, I'd say.

Edit: vvvv that's how they react
    Last edited by witte; 10-22-2016 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No one is being spoiled, it's called the year 2016. If you can't simultaneously release an album in different formats, you're doing it wrong. Honestly, it seems more like Apple BS getting the exclusive and the rest of us have to wait. Apple is the worst company for Trent to team up with. They seem at complete odds with his ways. But corporate BS must give them an exclusive amount of time to be the only digital store at first. For Trent bitching about his album prices in different countries and for fans to steal his album, this kind of exclusive crap is not that far off. So it just seems hypocritical. In this day and age, you should have multiple formats ready to go on release day and none of this exclusive BS, especially when it comes to digital music. I can see delays with physical merch, but not digital. I literally can sign up with a company on my own who will put my release on every single digital outlet at the same time for a very small fee. If a small time indie artist like myself can do it, these big companies have no excuse. Hence why all countries coordinated release days to now all be on the same day of the week. Exclusivity promotes illegal downloading. This is a disservice to both the artist and the listener. This isn't coming just from a NIN fan, but a music lover who wants to see the industry thrive and do the right thing. Sadly, the industry is still working on an archaic format and hasn't seemed to learn from their mistakes, they just keep making all news ones.
    Last edited by neorev; 10-22-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookmark View Post
    Where is the Trent Reznor of former times?
    Busy not having several children and actually liking the internet

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    to keep it short, the album isn't official released. apple has the pre-release. if you want that, join them. if not, then wait.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I don't mind to be patient and wait for it to arrive on other platforms, but ever since the Fragile instrumental and the With Teeth instrumental albums STAYED Apple Music exclusives, I'm a little bit worried that it can happen with other content as well. Excuse me for being a little gun shy.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That Year Zero rant was ten years ago and Trent has seen a giant change in the industry since then. He's done plenty on his own to break out of the traditional music model and he's implied that he wasn't fond of it, so now he's going in a different direction with Apple. And, by the way, he also said to steal his music in that rant, as you mentioned, so why not just do that if you don't like what he's doing? It's not going to affect him. Just don't turn this thread into a "PM me the music I won't buy pls!!!!!!!!" shitshow.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It's kinda sad that we're not talking about the music here. Trent and Atticus are at the top of their fucking game. It's incredible. I'm not a big Apple fan either, but I couldn't give a shit right now because the music blows me away and that's what matters.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    It's kinda sad that we're not talking about the music here. Trent and Atticus are at the top of their fucking game. It's incredible. I'm not a big Apple fan either, but I couldn't give a shit right now because the music blows me away and that's what matters.
    You are a 100% right, but we're talking about the release because some of us are unable to listen to it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    I'll gladly talk all about the music right after I finish downloading this illegal 320kbps copy I had to find so ai can actually listen to it because I couldn't support this release by purchasing it in lossless quality. Be back in a jiffy.
    Last edited by neorev; 10-22-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think this soundtrack is more interesting than the previous two. Gustavo adds a nice extra dimension to the tracks that he does with Trent and Atticus, and of course Mogwai's songs are lovely and fit in well with the rest of it. A Minute to Breathe being the second track made me think there might be more vocal tracks on the album, but I don't mind that there aren't. Feels to me like a more active listening experience than Dragon Tattoo and especially Gone Girl.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I'll gladly talk all about the music right after I finish this illegal download 320kbps release I had to get instead because I couldn't purchase the lossless quality.
    Dude, so be it. No one forces you to buy a version which doesn't meet your demands. All I'm saying is: Who cares right now? There's new music. Buy it or steal it and done. It's as simple as that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You say 'steal it'. Would if there was somewhere to get it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing View Post
    You say 'steal it'. Would if there was somewhere to get it.
    and if someone directed me there I would be grateful!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    thin ice reimagined brings back memories of the fight club soundtrack, that one will be next in line on the stereo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I'm amazed at the number of forum regulars here asking for PMs and I think every last one of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Nah. "Business" is getting in the way of art, which is the shameful thing. There is no other possible reason for this nonsense in the age of infinite distribution choices.

Shouldn't be a surprise that file sharing among fans is a thing when things are in limited release, even if this turns out to be timed.
    Last edited by blassster; 10-22-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    We're kind of in a soft release period. People need to calm the hell down. I'm considering my digital download to be a bonus early version for preordering the vinyl. If a CD version comes out later, I'll buy that as well.

And if anyone thinks I'm going to PM them a 1.5gb file because they feel entitled...they're wrong. It's not like this is some limited release that's difficult to get... There's a HUGE difference in sharing some difficult to find limited or not officially released 20 year old remix and sharing something that you could go pay for from the artist directly and have immediately.

Just because we're in a mostly digital age that typically grants us many options doesn't mean we get to act like spoiled brats when things don't go our way. If you don't want to pay to get it now, hold your horses until the soundtrack is actually physically released and see if there's different options at that time.

/rant

Sorry..off my soapbox now

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    We're kind of in a soft release period. People need to calm the hell down. I'm considering my digital download to be a bonus early version for preordering the vinyl. If a CD version comes out later, I'll buy that as well.

And if anyone thinks I'm going to PM them a 1.5gb file because they feel entitled...they're wrong. It's not like this is some limited release that's difficult to get... There's a HUGE difference in sharing some difficult to find limited or not officially released 20 year old remix and sharing something that you could go pay for from the artist directly and have immediately.

Just because we're in a mostly digital age that typically grants us many options doesn't mean we get to act like spoiled brats when things don't go our way. If you don't want to pay to get it now, hold your horses until the soundtrack is actually physically released and see if there's different options at that time.

/rant

Sorry..off my soapbox now

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Either way, definitely some weird ass marketing...

Yeah we can assume that it's going to be on more platforms but would it have been too much trouble for someone involved with the release to at least tell us these things for peace of mind? Apparently communication is too much to ask from anyone these days and that's fucking sad.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    "if you're not happy with appoule exclusive, just wait" LOL yeah, that's the world of music where we are living... I love your ridiculous appoule way of thinking. As i say I am paying for that piece of crap monthly appoule mousic, so i can stream the shit, the only thing is I dont want to. I could of course record the stupid stream, but why would I loose my time when somebody else did ? The shared copy is 256kbps so I assume it is a stream record. Now ... be ashamed ? We should be proud that we havent shared a lossless version, or put it on torrent (yet). THAT is closer to the world of music where we are living.
    PS: I will buy any cd, lossless, or even vinyl, probably all of them, but just not like this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Didn't mean to click like on this post. It seems perfectly reasonable, I think, to simultaneously release an album on the most popular streaming services, and to not do it would appear to be counter-productive to the nature of releasing music - reaching as much of your target audience as possible - and to a certain extent - divisive. While there are other, less legal, ways of getting the music, not everyone wants to risk getting computer viruses or malware, just to get music.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Documentary on ASTRA 23,5°E sat: NGC channel (National Geographic), October 30th, 20:00 - 21:30 (not sure if CEST or CET already), name "Je s námi konec?" (Skylink provider).

Btw, I've seen the music on certaing russian site about trackers.
    Last edited by Substance242; 10-23-2016 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    The thing is ... they're not communicating whether there will be any other release, like a CD. Or like a digital only lossless release directly from nin.com (which people would definitely be fine with). That's where the biggest fuck-up happens if you ask me. Put it on Apple Music/iTunes only, say NOTHING, and everyone will loose their minds. And you can't expect your fans to buy a fucking (and very pricey) vinyl if they just want lossless audio files. That's just a shitty way to distribute your music.

I'm not the one who's bitching here but people do have a point in my opinion. It's just that I don't care right now. I'm going to wait and see if there will be a release that will fit my needs.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Have you guys considered the main trouble for Before The Flood team is the movie doesn't flop, they have to worry if there's profit from theaters?
    After that, depending on profits, they might think of wider than itewnz OST release. I checked local cinema schedule, they don't show this movie.
    I'm sure the vinyl was entirely Trent's idea just to treat the rabid 0,1% of his fandom in this case. (i'd buy a CD later, but i'm not holding my breath right now).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Have you guys considered the main trouble for Before The Flood team is the movie doesn't flop, they have to worry if there's profit from theaters?
    After that, depending on profits, they might think of wider than itewnz OST release. I checked local cinema schedule, they don't show this movie.
    I'm sure the vinyl was entirely Trent's idea just to treat the rabid 0,1% of his fandom in this case. (i'd buy a CD later, but i'm not holding my breath right now).
    All fine and valid points. They should just communicate it at least a little bit better. That's not too difficult...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Actually I am even wondering about the profit of this movie, will they redistribute to some "environmental cause" ? I didn't hear about it. Or maybe it's a "not-for-profit" movie.

Concerning the "PM" problem, I am ok with the Apple Music distribution, because I'm on it and for now it's enough, but I can totally understand the frustration of not having better quality files, especially when we bought the vinyl on the UK store (because yes, we still don't have the link for the download !). I would feel excluded being a huge fan who put loads of money on his work...

Anyway great OST, for me the best Trenticcus work so far (maybe because it's not only Trenticcus !)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Basically staggering amounts of self entitlement on display here. And lol the people preferring a 256kMP3 transcoded stream rip over paying for it in 256k AAC.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Before the Flood

I can definitely see how the lack of communication and distribution options can be frustrating. This project has been that way from the beginning. Reznor usually goes out of his way to make his music easily available to those of us who want to hear it. But when this ST was announced, there wasn't any other info. Just that it was happening. The only way to hear it was to go to a screening. I thought this was bizarre that my favorite artist has music out there somewhere and I can't hear it immediately and no info on when I could expect to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Don't forget: Trent himself was the one who said to steal YZ, when the label was doing dumb label things with that release. Now, whatever the source of the problem, dumb things are happening with this release. Expect complaining, because even he did about his own fucking release back then.