Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Hair!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Hair!

We used to have this thread, yeah? I'll probably be the one to re-start all the shallow threads.

Anyway, I thought of this because I've just re-dyed my hair at home after forgetting to print out my groupon voucher and the hairdresser turning me away. Out-grown coppery parts are now a deep berry red again. I went with Live Luminance XXL who I bitched about here and who I still hate (it definitely didn't brighten up the black parts well) because the red dye that DOES work really well (Jerome Russell's Smart) doesn't sell in any shops near me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oo, should we start the fashion thread, too, or combine them?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ooh! Are we going to show dyed hair here, cause I've been dying mine *a lot* lately and would love some inspiration!!! XD

Dark pink!
    Light pink!
    Purple/bleached/whatever!
    Black! And chewing on a pig!

It's a blue/black now. Pics pending, assuming they work out.
    SHOW ME YOURS!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    My dreads are long and looking decent. They're in serious need of a dye job, though. I always do them blue black.
    Funny... I remember back in '04/'05, when I asked for some input about whether or not I should grow the dreads back in, Thumper was sooooooo adamant about me not doing it. Miss that guy.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 12-10-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Have my locs (dreds) back thank the lord, they are at baby stage now but much better than an afro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Right now my hair has faded into a light turquoise. Getting my roots bleached on Monday and then re-dyeing it with fish bowl by special effects. I love this shade, but I miss my death hawk from last summer. Growing it out until summer and getting the sides shaved again and keeping my bangs (while keeping the back longer this time). I like my Ramona Flowers-ish haircut for now though. Exciting times with hair in the past year.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I really wish i could have dreads, but i am very wary about being able to pull it off (being white and all, although half brasilian white). Also i don't anyone who can make them properly...so for now it's just a fantasy!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I took my dreads out. Stupidest move ever. Now I have a frizz-ball on my head and no idea what to do with it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I took my dreads out. Stupidest move ever. Now I have a frizz-ball on my head and no idea what to do with it.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I always want to do something different, but I don't want to cut it short. So I've had the same haircut for like 5 years now.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    i have always wanted a Mohawk, but am really lazy about my appearance...so I shaved off 3/4 of the hair, leaving a nice circle of hair on top. it grew half way down my back, and with all the extra hair gone (I have a lot of hair) it was falling so nice when down. usually having long hair and wearing it down, for me, means looking like I was wearing a fur cape on my melon. so I was chuffed to have it falling so nicely. then I got LICE. first time in my life. none of my kids had it. none of the kids I read with at the school had it. and after sitting for 20 minutes having a friend comb through it...I gave up and shaved it all off. cried, too! lol. it was weird to *like* my hair that much. anyway, since it grows at hyper speed, I reckon I will have the top back to where it was in about two years...but man do I miss having the long hair.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I am in desperate need of a haircut, I am tempted to get a pixie but since I have the thinnest greasiest hair ever I am not sure if that would be a good idea. I also cant justify spending money on hair which is why it gets cut probably every 2-3 years. I am probably way too low maintenance for a short haircut. And both my flatmates have super short hair so we would graduate to a whole new level of weird every time we go out in public together.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I'm getting a haircut tomorrow. I would love to color my hair something completely different, but I'm job searching right now and really should to stick with my conservative Tina Fey cut.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    that was awesome. i would like to sic the hairdresser on my kids. lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    bumping an old thread because I didn't want to go into N&V. caved and chopped all my hair off. I think I made a mistake, now I HAVE to wash it everyday or else I look like a grease ball

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've had purple hair for 2 years now.

I dont even want to think about how much money I've spent on purple products and going to get it redone when my roots start to show.

I feel like I can't chop it or do another color, I've put so much into purple. Luckily, I still love it and probably will be an old lady with purple hair if I can afford it.

My 4 year old has pink streaks in her hair, because she asked for it one day I was redoing my purple and... who was I to tell her no?
    Anyways,
    Hair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    I am in desperate need of a haircut, I am tempted to get a pixie but since I have the thinnest greasiest hair ever I am not sure if that would be a good idea. I also cant justify spending money on hair which is why it gets cut probably every 2-3 years. I am probably way too low maintenance for a short haircut. And both my flatmates have super short hair so we would graduate to a whole new level of weird every time we go out in public together.
    On my opinion, you can't spent less on hair maintenance. Long or short it still needs care. I decided to keep my mane for a while and just trim it every 2 months. I even got one of these mirrors just to just to enjoy my look every morning.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I burned my scalp along the hairline quite badly with bleach in 2015 because I'm a fucking idiot.

I'm applying oil on a regular basis and occasionally shaving my head. Seems to be helping very gradually with the regrowth.