Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: PIG - and Other Raymond Watts Projects

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That's a bummer. Really loved her work with Pig and Sow. Had a good chemisty with Raymond, creatively. Guess I'll be listening to Sow tonight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i went to the show here in SF last Friday, Raymond dedicated a song to her, i forgot which one, sorry newbiwe here great show too btw, super small venue, the whole band walked right by me to get on stage, kinda cool.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hoping I got this right:
    On a version of theswining boards Anna joined in on a few conversations. There was a thread along the lines of "who do you want Raymond to work with?"

Her reply: His cock

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Someone has a Chinese bootleg disc ripped in lossless containing remixes and instrumentals that are normally only available on some promo vinyl releases. I first came across it last summer but for some reason ignored it, as I do with most bootleg stuff, but recently I saw it again and noticed the exclusive tracks. Those vinyl tracks would be the Fountain of Miracles remixes and Jump the Gun instrumental.

The Fountain tracks contain parts from the other track "The Fountain of Failure" from The Swining & red/raw/sore compilation album, with Anal-Hog having an alternative vocal take for the normal track and very different than both of the original tracks we're used to.

Anal-Log mix (instrumental) is almost the exact same as The Fountain of Failure, but different levels and is slightly sped up during the cute breakdown thing at 1:45ish and later. Anal-Log mix on CD2 is the same but has the alternative vocal take for the original song as on Anal-Hog. It's pretty cool.

Also are random remixes for other artists, which makes up most of the release actually.

Search for "pig contempt remixes flac" for the torrent.

Track list:
    CD 1
    01 Contempt (Sniper Remix)
    02 Wrecked (Ken Ishii Remix)
    03 Jump The Gun (Instrumental Mix)
    04 Save Me (Locust Remix)
    05 The Fountain Of Miracles (Anal-Hog Mix)
    06 Fantasia (Kosh & Carry PIG Mix) Schwein
    07 Eugene (Pig Exclusive Pickaxe Mix) Numb
    08 Disobedience (Remix)
    09 The Fountain Of Miracles (Anal-Log Mix) (Instrumental)
    10 Spider Sex And Car Wrecks (Pig Auto Bondage Mix) Evil Mothers
    11 Vera Blue (PIG Remix) Chemlab

CD 2
    01 The Fountain Of Miracles (Anal-Log Mix)
    02 Atomic Punk (PIG Remix) LA GUNS
    03 Choujin No Oukoku (PIG Crucifix Mix) BRAIN DRIVE
    04 Gibber (Pig Remix) Mortiis
    05 Angel's Back (PIG Mix) D.I.E.
    06 Mad Dog (Pig Remix) Elastica
    07 On Top Of The World (PIG Remix) Jizzy Pearl
    08 Stop! In The Name Of Love (Raymond Watts Garlic Mix) Matador
    09 Shout Down (PIG Stans Sermon Mix) BRAIN DRIVE
    10 Sleep (Watts Remix) Mona Mur
    11 Thanatos (Japanic Pig Mix) Buck-Tick
    Last edited by blassster; 11-22-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Raymond Watts and Friends are back for another US round this summer with the "Prey and Obey Tour 2017"

So far we have:
    6/28 - Detroit
    7/7 - Denver
    7/22 - Houston
    7/27 - Calgary
    8/6 - Boston

I'm really praying for a Vancouver one on this run!!!! KMFDM are already shafting us this year, I don't want to miss this one too.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    And since we seem to have forgotten to bring it up: Forthcoming Remix album including the vinyl exclusive track as a bonus coming May 5th:

01. Viva Evil (Oumi Kapila Remix)
    02. Found In Filth (Pull Out Kings Remix)
    03. The Diamond Sinners (SKOLD Remix)
    04. The Fly Upon The Pin (Android Lust Remix)
    05. Viva Evil (Inertia Remix)
    06. The Diamond Sinners (Indradevi Remix)
    07. Viva Evil (Mortiis Remix)
    08. The Fly Upon The Pin (St Gregory Remix)
    09. The Diamond Sinners (London After Midnight Remix)
    10. Found In Filth (MC Lord Of The Flies Remix)
    11. The Diamond Sinners (KANGA Remix)
    12. Drugzilla (Dubzilla mix)
    13. The Diamond Sinners (tweaker Remix)
    14. Viva Evil (Swine Haze Remix)
    15. Violence

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo in the KMFDM thread View Post
    If I'm doing a road trip, it's to see Ray, Guenter and En again.
    Case in point:

Toronto, here I come again.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Case in point:

Still waiting for that Vancouver date........ WTF!
    Calgary but no Vancouver? Get real.

I'm not sure who's in charge of booking shows these days. Vancouver used to be a hot spot for shows, but we get the shaft every time now. Time to pack up and move somewhere else I guess...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Well, lucky you... now you don't have to go to Toronto... Aug 8th in Montreal...
    I seriously don't know why Vancouver is getting the shaft. They have every single city in NA including fucking Calgary, and we're getting screwed... I don't get it!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yeah, I...can't say I understand. That really does seem like they're going out of their way to avoid the place. Sorry man

Conversely, Piranha Bar is a really shitty little dive joint here. I'm kind of hoping ticket sales do better than expected so the show gets moved.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, I...can't say I understand. That really does seem like they're going out of their way to avoid the place. Sorry man

Conversely, Piranha Bar is a really shitty little dive joint here. I'm kind of hoping ticket sales do better than expected so the show gets moved.
    Yeah, even I know the Piranha bar (walked by it a few times, my girlfriend lives in Montreal at the moment, moving here in June though), but when I saw where they were playing Piranha even I was shocked... that place is super tiny... I like their logo though, I almost bought a t-shirt from there, badass logo.

Skold came though here last spring, played this super small-ass dive bar himself, was shocked at how small the venue was. Assumed Skold would have brought in more of a crowd, but he even said himself he's just a hired goon, he doesn't have household name status to support a big venue. He was thankful for everyone that came out, he came to sell his own Merch and meet everyone. Super cool dude.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-04-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Recent happenings:

-New digital EP called Prey and Obey to drop in June, 3 new songs
    -Wrecked is getting a vinyl pressing for the very first time!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Pre-order P&O here https://metropolisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/prey-obey

Wrecked can be bought on tour, or bought online in August (from Armalyte).

Edit: Wrecked vinyl looks like it will contain international track listings, it mentions "No One Gets..." in the credits, and the bottom left has Book of Tequila lyrics.
    https://twitter.com/raymondwatts/sta...60909290582016
    Last edited by blassster; 06-11-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The Prey & Obey EP is out today.
    Can be streamed here: https://metropolisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/prey-obey

I'm just starting up the 3rd song now. I really like what I hear so far. Watts has been on fire recently with his work. Good stuff!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I listened to the EP once this morning and it's really good. I hope he keeps it coming. Debating on whether or not to go to the show in Delaware in August, it's a good 2 hours from my house, would be rough driving back that late at night. Will have to see what the setlists look like.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-16-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I listened to the EP once this morning and it's really good. I hope he keeps it coming. Debating on whether or not to go to the show in Delaware in August, it's a good 2 hours from my house, would be rough driving back that late at night. Will have to see what the setlists look like.
    Totally go! I would if I had a car and it was only a 2 hr drive away. That's why I'm so choked that Watts and friends are skipping me. I don't drive, and that makes traveling harder for me. I need to catch a bus/train/plane somewhere, and that also requires an overnight stay at a hotel, so it's not worth it for me. If I drove and the show was only 2 hrs away, I would make the drive in a heartbeat!

Unless you've already seen the band that is. If you've seen them last fall already and are on the fence that it will be the same set, then I understand why you'd be hesitant in wanting to make the trek.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Unless you've already seen the band that is. If you've seen them last fall already and are on the fence that it will be the same set, then I understand why you'd be hesitant in wanting to make the trek.
    Ha yeah I caught them at the same venue last fall, guess I should've said that in my post. We've gotten a dog since then so that complicates things. If the setlist is quite a bit different I'll probably end up going.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Second Coming: Four-track EP for VIP members this tour featuring a few unreleased songs:

If He Swings By The String
    When I'm Done
    Prey And Obey (Z. Marr Electro mix)
    Mercy Murder (Watts alternative version)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wrecked LP trailer. 500 copies of it will be available signed, on tour only. It was mentioned elsewhere that it'll also be available online, presumably not signed.

https://twitter.com/raymondwatts/sta...90883276869632

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Seems like Sascha is a bit butthurt that Raymond is getting so much love with the new stuff

Enough to make a vague Facebook post about how everyone else is an imposter.

"thank y'all for the good wishes, hopefully evry'thing is coming together and big karma payback will happen. Support your favorites - not the impostors trying to challenge the KMFDM name - I am KMFDM - your Käpt'n truly"

The fact is, I only really liked KMFDM because of Pig and En
    Esch. Ever since neither of them have been involved, KMFDM albums have been so damn boring. Its seriously the same song over and over.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Raymond and Each were definitely my favorites. No matter how much Sascha refuses to admit, Esch, Schulz, and Raymond contributed greatly to the success of kmfdm. You think Nihil would've been as successful?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I know Jules only does guitar on one track off the new album, it's Sin Quirin on another, and i think the rest is Chris Harms from Lord of the Lost. Not sure how much Andy Selway's present either. Has become a dad according to this interview. I wouldn't be surprised if Sascha considers this KMFDM 3.0.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Or 2.5. Steve and Andy never really contribute to the albums anyway. Maybe a song here and there. I'm sure they'll still tour. Jules sounds done though. They have their things going on outside of kmfdm as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    New interview (audio) with 2 of the music videos. Interview is split up before, between, and after them. I don't think I've heard him laugh before, I was laughing along with him about what he said.

https://dotswaves.wistia.com/medias/xqts1kicib
    New YouTube link available:

We have a new album coming. It's a written and mostly recorded, work resuming after the tour.

I'm pretty fucking excited, and it sounds like he's having a blast (glad for that too).
    Last edited by blassster; 07-07-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Went to the Pig show in Denver last night and they didn't disappoint! Great setlist and the band sounded amazing! The turnout for the show was pretty rough though, right around 100 people tops. But in spite of the low turnout, they put on an incredible show! Julien-K was great too. I'd totally recommend seeing this tour if it comes through your town.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    WOW! I saw Pig for the first time tonight and fucking loved it! I was reticent to go only knowing Sinsation and a couple other songs, but when I learned En Esch was playing with them and they were doing songs from Nihil, I was more interested. I don't know how many times Raymond clasped my hand or patted me on the head, but I was so happy to be up front rocking the fuck out with everyone. Pig instantly went from a band I wasn't sure I wanted to bother seeing to one I'll see whenever it's convenient.

Also, I got there earlier than I wanted to, but that meant I was also up close for Julien K's performance, which I really enjoyed. I'll definitely be checking their stuff out.

Anyway, anything interesting going on in the NIN world?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Got my VIP for Montreal, and tix for Montreal and Toronto. So ready for this.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    WOW! I saw Pig for the first time tonight and fucking loved it! I was reticent to go only knowing Sinsation and a couple other songs, but when I learned En Esch was playing with them and they were doing songs from Nihil, I was more interested. I don't know how many times Raymond clasped my hand or patted me on the head, but I was so happy to be up front rocking the fuck out with everyone. Pig instantly went from a band I wasn't sure I wanted to bother seeing to one I'll see whenever it's convenient.

Also, I got there earlier than I wanted to, but that meant I was also up close for Julien K's performance, which I really enjoyed. I'll definitely be checking their stuff out.

Anyway, anything interesting going on in the NIN world?
    Hey, I saw you there last night! You were standing closer to En Esch's side, correct? I was in the middle towards the back and it too was my first PIG show. I'm so glad I was able to finally see Raymond's band live and now I can say I've seen him perform PIG and KMFDM live (saw him perform with them back in 2003/4, I forget which year it was).

I was also able to meet him briefly after the show near the merch booth. He signed my WRECKED LP and even drew a pig with a pitchfork on the cover (and he reminded me that the lyric sheet was also signed). I can't wait to catch these guys live again!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I was also able to meet him briefly after the show near the merch booth. He signed my WRECKED LP and even drew a pig with a pitchfork on the cover (and he reminded me that the lyric sheet was also signed). I can't wait to catch these guys live again!
    That's fucking great. Did you download the tracks yet, is there a big difference (if the digital ones were fully remastered too) ? Also, are they just mp3s?

Edit: and if you listened to the vinyl too, how is it?
    Last edited by blassster; 07-19-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Guenter's had to leave the tour, apparently due to an illness in the family. En's guitarist Luke Dangler will be filling in.

Fuck