Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PIG - and Other Raymond Watts Projects

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    PIG definitely seems like the right place for a first post.

A PIG Christmas album is everything I never knew I needed for this holiday season. Already sold.

After such an absurdly long hiatus, I am so damn glad to see this continued output by him. Please don't fucking stop Raymond.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    PIG definitely seems like the right place for a first post.
    Welcome to ETS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm loving this Black Mass EP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    I'm loving this Black Mass EP.
    It certainly sounds like Raymond had a good time recording it, but from my perspective he didn't manage to redeem the (pretty awful) material. Whether anyone could is an open question...

Oh well, it's for a good cause, and it's still great to see him being so productive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Don't really know much about this guy except he was a collaborator of KMFDM and had this ridiculous but cool song on the Wax Trax Black Box:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just bought that BlackMass release and the Sasha Grey one... must have been in a mood.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hogtags

Order page
    Last edited by blassster; 02-05-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I would LOVE to know how many of these end up selling.

I'm purchasing a set as a "thanks" to Raymond for all the hours of enjoyment I've gotten from his collected works, but these tags will likely just sit in a drawer. If I'm going to spend stupid money on a collectible, I'd prefer more along the lines of the beautiful Risen vinyl.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's no way I can justify that amount of money for 2 songs and some collectible dog tags. That's just crazy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah, as much as I want to support Raymond, i'd rather just purchase the tracks on their own at a reasonable price. Barring that, i'll wait for a leak (or a PM, wink wink nudge nudge).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ditto. I refuse to buy this out of principle. And I don't care if I never hear the songs. I say this as a long time Pig fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^Agreed. Saw Pig at Cold Waves V in Chicago, killer set and have tried to follow Raymond's output more closely. But this.... Eh, I'll wait for someone to throw it up on YouTube or for the album to come out eventually.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Can't do it. Way too expensive. As previously mentioned, I'll wait til the music appears on YouTube or somewhere else more satisfying.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    So, a new album AND a remix album? If so, that's pretty cool.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Haven't heard any news of a new studio album, just the remix album (which doesn't interest me).

I'll keep waiting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm down for a remix album.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I guess I'll pick it up. Gotta say, I'm kind of bummed out that they're trying to pawn off $100+ dog tags for a new song or two, but I'm sure they'll pop up on future releases. They always do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I guess I'll pick it up. Gotta say, I'm kind of bummed out that they're trying to pawn off $100+ dog tags for a new song or two, but I'm sure they'll pop up on future releases. They always do.
    I'm sure they'll show up in some form or another. Consider this release a single like Prey & Obey. All those songs were on Risen, albeit some were different versions.

Stripped & Whipped is a great remix album and certainly worth picking up. Loud Lawless and Lost is remixed by Pig with a new chorus. Vice Girls remix is fantastic and possibly the best remix on the album. The rest range from good to great, with only a couple bad ones.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Pig are playing cold waves festival in Chicago this September. Wonder if that means another fall north America tour is happening. Doubt he'd fly over just for 1 show. This guy is on a roll with the touring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, I really hope he does another North America tour now that I actually live in a fucking city that has shadows. Not to mention I live with walking distance of a ton of clubs.

But it does seem like Raymond is making up for lost time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Something filthy is brewing for 2019/06/21

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwpCPVqniH1/

I was thinking about how many unauthorized samples he used on PTL and how it might not be able to be reissued in this litigious era. He said that he used to record random stuff from the radio and use it. I don't know how it compares to the later albums like Wrecked. Also, what is the speech sample used at the start of Wrecked?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's a covers album.

As you'd expect, Armalyte has some stupid-expensive vinyl variants. I went for the fuzzy one and am already feeling dirty about the expenditure. Maybe that's partially the point?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Expensive is right. I was interested in the bonus covers (Pig covering Kylie Minogue? Fuck yes, count me in!) But come on... these are ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the standard record (because I actually prefer the regular cover art) and the signed CD.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Damn it Ray I wish I could give you all my money but I can't give you all my money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    It's a covers album.

As you'd expect, Armalyte has some stupid-expensive vinyl variants. I went for the fuzzy one and am already feeling dirty about the expenditure. Maybe that's partially the point?
    Congrats. The fur edition is sold out.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Fucking vinyl exclusives. Just begging me to pirate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see what the big deal is about the record having exclusive songs. The cheapest one is affordable, and it includes a digital copy.