Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PIG - and Other Raymond Watts Projects

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ahh, fuck. There was another PIG topic, but when I used Tapatalk to search nothing returned. I found it when I was looking for something else related to PIG on Google. Out of curiosity I used the web version of ETS to search, and nothing got returned because the word is too small for the search. That's why nothing showed up before, and Tapatalk gave no error. I even posted in the topic but just forgot about it altogether. Mods... merge? Sorry. http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ead.php?t=1045

Last edited by blassster; 08-26-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Why not just let it be and fade away?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Setlist from last night is up for anyone that's interested: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pig/20...-3bfc5038.html

Lots of new songs. I'm a bit surprised by all of the KMFDM covers but I guess it makes sense with Esch and Schultz on the tour. Very excited for the show on Friday but I might head out before the encore depending on what time it is since I have an hour drive home.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Someone posted a 1h21m video from Toronto! Might be more, first one I found.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So the show was fucking amazing. The band asked that the AC be turned off, so the entire place was boiling hot. But despite that, it was a great, wonderful show.

The new album is bloody outstanding; I think it may honestly rank among Raymond's best.

I brought all of my CD booklets, and figured I'd basically ask Raymond to sign his favorites. Instead he asked to see everything, and signed basically everything I had that he'd played on. My whole Pig discography and select KMFDM albums. Bless the man. They were all really, really wonderful people.

Choice quotes:

Ray (While looking at my booklets): Wow, you could start a bonfire with all of this crap.

En: (Sascha) Is a very meticulous person.
    Me: KMFDM wasn't always meticulous though. There was a lot of chaos.
    En: (With a look) You're tellin' me!

Me: You know, Guenter, you're the reason I became interested in taking up guitar.
    Guenter: Oh god. I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Glad to hear it was awesome, not so glad to hear the band wanted the AC turned off. Ha

What time did the show end? The Wilmington show says it goes until 1:20am but I'm hoping that's a DJ set after PIG.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The show started slightly late as the VIP went a little over scheduled end time, but the band played until roughly 11:30. No idea how late after that the DJ show ran, but I do know the guys come out and say hello to the audience afterwards - I missed a chance to say much to anyone except Guenter afterward though; I had to go and run for my bus back to Montreal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Excellent, thanks for the info! My girlfriend is DDing for me so I just wanted to give her a ballpark time of when the show will end.

I really wish I would've known the VIP packages were coming before I bought tickets, sounds like it'd be a good time.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 09-07-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Also: a word of advice: do yourself a favor if you want the Tour LP (which is about $30). Get in line early.

I'm reading on the Classic KMFDM Fans Facebook group that the fourth person in line after doors opened could not get the Tour LP due to it being sold out. I don't know if that's going to be the case for every city; best not take chances.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Do we think this exclusive music comes from 2007 era sessions? Maybe 2008. Either way there were some pictures of him wearing a nice suit, sunglasses and a fur hat in a studio working on music that we never heard as far as I know

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I am so happy with that set list and review from you guys. I can't wait for the show on the 30th.
    Maybe this sounds weird... but I am surprised he is playing KMFDM tracks. I think that's great
    How was the rest of the merch Shadaloo? Any cool new tour shirts?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    There are 3 main Pig shirts: "Diamond Sinners" with Pig logo in shiny silver, a black Pig logo with red border and tour dates on the back, and another that says "Vicious, Venal and Vile". I got the Diamond Sinners shirt because it's wonderfully flashy; if there are more tour shirts left for sale after the tour I'm getting the one with dates.

The Gospel album is $20 on CD, it was unavailable on vinyl last night. No idea why.

Aside from that, there are some stickers, rare JP vinyl singles (and a test pressing of something, I forget what, for $300!). A select few very old tour date posters too, but a fair few of those sold so I wouldn't be surprised to see them gone already

En Esch has a few shirts too, and his Spank CD and Slick Idiot shirts are also available.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Do we think this exclusive music comes from 2007 era sessions? Maybe 2008. Either way there were some pictures of him wearing a nice suit, sunglasses and a fur hat in a studio working on music that we never heard as far as I know
    'Hard Machine' from the Tour LP might qualify. Most tracks from the Gospel sessions seem to co-credit Mark Gemini Thwaite to some capacity but Hard Machine is Watts alone, and it sounds quite different. "Ecstasy and Exorcism" off the VIP CD is an instrumental that is for some reason credited to..."Watts, Watts". "Rise & Repent" is a quick minute and a half number that kind of sounds like something either conceived as an intro to the album and discarded, or what gave birth to the concept.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The venue in Wilmington posted set times, PIG isn't coming on until 11. GOD DAMN IT

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info Shadaloo I will probably get all 3 shirts, lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    The venue in Wilmington posted set times, PIG isn't coming on until 11. GOD DAMN IT
    At the NYC show Pig probably isn't starting until about 1:00am. Creates logistical problems for me since I have to be outside of the city the next morning and the last train I'd need leaves Grand Central at 1:50. I get that it's a nightclub, but even when I saw Prick at a shitty industrial club years ago it didn't start nearly as late.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebek View Post
    At the NYC show Pig probably isn't starting until about 1:00am. Creates logistical problems for me since I have to be outside of the city the next morning and the last train I'd need leaves Grand Central at 1:50. I get that it's a nightclub, but even when I saw Prick at a shitty industrial club years ago it didn't start nearly as late.
    Wow that really sucks. Nightclubs or not this is still a concert, not a dance party. Maybe I'm just getting older and the idea of a band not coming on until 1 terrifies me. We ended up booking a hotel room so we wouldn't have to worry about driving back super late.

Just bought The Gospel, gonna give it a listen at some point this morning.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Listened to it a little bit this morning. Pretty good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm on my second time through, I freaking love it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'm absoutely in love. One of the year's best for sure.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finally got to hear it. Pretty good. Pretty fucking good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Listening now, it's pretty good! time for me to dig into his past discography

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just adding further love here about the album.

I laughed last night after another listen when I realized that Found in Filth reminds me of something out of Rob Zombie (I still like Hellbilly Deluxe), especially the ramp up parts. The Fly Upon the Pin and Mercy Murder are so fucking AWESOME and unexpected. Solid release, and after Long in the Tooth and Compound Eye I was really itching for more stuff.

As far as the vinyl not being available at the show as mentioned previously here, it might still be in manufacturing or just no physical room for transporting it with their other merch and gear. I got a note that my CD shipped a few days ago but no vinyl shipping notice.

Also, when he did Ojo Por Ojo in Toronto I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that part of the clip on YouTube. The delivery of "human FUNGUS" was hilarious to me. At the same time it was also pretty cool with the Wrecked intro as the backdrop.
    Last edited by blassster; 09-11-2016 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It seems the vinyl's been delayed to November.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The show on Friday was amazing, couldn't be happier with how it turned out and this is going to be a very long post and forgive me if it's rambling. Our hotel had a free shuttle that took us to the venue so the night started strong. The venue was this tiny little industrial goth place, I haven't been to a place with people that gothed up in a long time. The room where the show took place was insanely tiny, no way more than 100 people could fit in there shoulder to shoulder. We went in that room and stood towards the back about 10 minutes before PIG went on. Raymond came walking out of the back and walked past right next to us on his way to the stage. I was really surprised how good the show sounded in such a small room, cause it sounded really fucking good. So the set gets to the encore break, I've been drinking, I can see that Raymond is going to walk right by us again so I put my hand up for a high five with a shit eating grin on my face. He sees it as he walks by, gets a smirk on his face and gives me an epic high five. I love high fives and that was awesome. He then gives my girlfriend a hug and a kiss on the cheek and continues to the back. Dude seems to be insanely nice. They come back out and kill the encore. as he's walking by again I put my hand out and he gave me a handshake and I quick told him that I'd been waiting 15 years to see PIG live and thanked him for it. He said something along the lines of "Thank you very much, that means a lot." So we get an Uber back to the hotel and get to sleep at about 2. Sleep in a little bit, get around and head down to the lobby to check out. I notice a couple of guys sitting in the lobby and then a few people in line to check out so we fall in behind them. Then my girlfriend says "That's them sitting behind you", "Who?", "PIG is sitting in those chairs behind you", and yep those two guys I noticed sitting there were freaking Gunter and Raymond. They were talking about band stuff, specifically Raymond having trouble hearing Gunter through his ear piece, which I noticed him messing with through most of the show, and putting a different song into the setlist after Juke Joint Jezebel. I didn't catch what song they were talking about. I was on the fence about going over to them since they were talking business, then it was time for them to leave so that made the decision for me. I'm glad I didn't go over since I'm not real sure if I was annoying him at the show or not. Haha. Either way that was really god damn cool. What are the odds that they'd be staying at the same hotel I booked the day before the show? Awesome. They're traveling in two big ass vans and a tiny trailer that has all of their gear jammed into it.

As far as the show itself, it was incredible. It was so fucking awesome to see them play Brute and Juke Joint Jezebel, I was losing my shit. All the new songs sound really good live, I wasn't sure if they would translate well but they really do. I would go see them every night if I could.

I also managed to snag one of the Rise and Repent LPs. The doors opened at 7 and we didn't get there until 9:30 so I couldn't believe it when I saw what I figured was the last copy. Later on during PIG's set we went out to the bar to get a drink and they had a stack of at least 4 more, but at that point I was out of cash or I would've picked up one or two more in case someone on here needed one. The merch guy had no change. I bought the vinyl for 40 and a shirt for 25, game him 70 and he said I could have a few stickers or a bag of buttons, he seriously had no change, it was so god damn weird.

It was a great night, my girlfriend loved it and we had a great time. I hope PIG doesn't disappear again after this tour/album because they gave me one of the best concert experiences I've ever had. All hail The Lord of Lard!!
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 09-12-2016 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Raymond Watts is a living legend..

I reviewed the new album on my blog: https://damnedindustrial.com/2016/09...e-gospel-2016/

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I've been listening to the Gospel for the last day and a half or so, and I can safely sad this is an amazing record! Probably his best work. I've never really been a fan of his stuff outside of KMFDM, aside from the odd tune here or there. The only CD I've really enjoyed of his was Praise the Lard (Still have a copy on CD myself), but this new stuff is hands down his best stuff of his.

I wish he'd reconcile his differences with Sascha, I'd love to see what this 2016 Raymond Watts could bring to the KMFDM table.

Makes me even more sad that the tour isn't coming to town. Especially with all the KMFDM stuff being played in the set!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Please send me a PM if anyone is willing to share a R&R vinyl DL code. It apparently has multiple downloads on it. (I will update this to say I've got one... no bites yet.)
    Last edited by blassster; 10-04-2016 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Please send me a PM if anyone is willing to share a R&R vinyl DL code.
    I second that. Or hopefully it pops up somewhere.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So, uh...typically deaths go in the Dead Souls thread but I figure this might be the place for it in this instance.

Anna Wildsmith AKA Sow. Confirmed on the FB.

Fucking awful to hear this. A lot of her work with Raymond was simply spoken-word delivery over his music, but it was really hard-hitting, harrowing stuff. Je M'Aime and Sick were very enjoyable to me, and I'll need to go pick up Dog.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 10-06-2016 at 03:56 PM.