Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 91 to 113 of 113

Thread: BUSH! (The band, not George H.W., George W., Neil, Barbara, Jeb, etc.)

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

    New song from the John Wick movie and the upcoming Bush album. I thought this was rather good--much better than anything from the Black and White Rainbows album. This sounds like it could have been released by the original band 20 years ago. There's nothing groundbreaking here--but this sounds good and should hopefully please fans of old-school Bush.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    889
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    i knew a guy who had the first record & kind of liked it. so he went to see them at cbgb in nyc. they were so horrible that night that he took his cd & put it out on the sidewalk for someone to take. had to get it out of the apartment, haha.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i knew a guy who had the first record & kind of liked it. so he went to see them at cbgb in nyc. they were so horrible that night that he took his cd & put it out on the sidewalk for someone to take. had to get it out of the apartment, haha.
    I never saw the original band but I've seen Bush probably a half dozen times since 2011 and they always put on an awesome show.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    556
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

    New song from the John Wick movie and the upcoming Bush album. I thought this was rather good--much better than anything from the Black and White Rainbows album. This sounds like it could have been released by the original band 20 years ago. There's nothing groundbreaking here--but this sounds good and should hopefully please fans of old-school Bush.
    This is definitely sounding better than the past few albums, but I'd like it more if the production was more raw like Sixteen Stone and Razorblade Suitcase. I think that's when the band sounds its best. All this overproduced stuff makes it harder for me to enjoy.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Saw Bush with Live last night. I could cut-and-paste from my review from past shows--no surprises, solid show, band sounds good, they play the big hits people want to hear with some new stuff, Gavin likes to run around the audience and likes to talk about how much he appreciates his fans...

    Live were good too. Kinda somber, but good.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,079
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Saw Bush with Live last night. I could cut-and-paste from my review from past shows--no surprises, solid show, band sounds good, they play the big hits people want to hear with some new stuff, Gavin likes to run around the audience and likes to talk about how much he appreciates his fans...

    Live were good too. Kinda somber, but good.
    how was the crowd? How full?

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    how was the crowd? How full?
    The Boston Pavilion holds 5,200 people, and it looked like it was fairly full--kind of hard to tell. The crowd thinned a little by the time Live played, but that always happens during the second set of a co-headlining tour.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)


    There's a live stream for all three bands (OLP, Live, Bush) from Wichita tonight.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Is Gavin trying to make The Mind Plays Tricks on You the new Chinese Democracy?

    When is this thing coming out?

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Bush and Theory of a Deadman are opening for Breaking Benjamin this summer at all the usual huge venues. Huh, didn't see that one coming.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Bush and Theory of a Deadman are opening for Breaking Benjamin this summer at all the usual huge venues. Huh, didn't see that one coming.
    Pass. Just checked out BB on youtube. Very generic.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,079
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    new Bush song is good. Too clean, but good.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,384
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I dont...hate it...over produced imo-- I still thing Razorblade Suitcase is their masterpiece.

    I also really dug Gavin's other bad at the time, Institute, cheesy but cool

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)


    Not bad. What keeps this from being just another generic modern rock song is the hook and crafsmanship.

    This is an improvement over Black and White Rainbows, which was was easily the weakest album from Bush 2.0 and one of their worst albums overall. I also think The Kingdom is a better title than The Mind Plays Tricks on You.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    You don't know how disappointed I was to see it's actually The Kingdom.

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    IDK, the title isn't exceptionally creative, but it's alright. The cover is pretty cool.

    Robin Goodridge left the band and now they have a new drummer, Nik Hughes. Not sure who plays on the new album.

    Gavin is now the only original member left.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,829
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm surprised they have went on this long to be honest. I stopped really listening after The Science of Things.

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,079
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I'm surprised they have went on this long to be honest. I stopped really listening after The Science of Things.
    Gavin needs that money yo.

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,520
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I'm surprised they have went on this long to be honest. I stopped really listening after The Science of Things.
    Same here.

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,829
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I was prepared to see him in more movies after seeing him in Constantine. Didn't think he was that bad in the role he was given.

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    658
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I'm surprised they have went on this long to be honest. I stopped really listening after The Science of Things.
    He got 4 kids

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,782
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Bush have a new blue-Ray/live album. Didn't realize it was out until I saw it on Amazon.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions