Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: BUSH! (The band, not George H.W., George W., Neil, Barbara, Jeb, etc.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is it confirmed that they're actually playing the albums in full? Everything just says they're touring to celebrate the 25th anniversary, haven't found anything that actually says they're playing the albums. I'll buy tickets in a heartbeat to see Throwing Copper all the way through.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Is it confirmed that they're actually playing the albums in full? Everything just says they're touring to celebrate the 25th anniversary, haven't found anything that actually says they're playing the albums. I'll buy tickets in a heartbeat to see Throwing Copper all the way through.
    That's what I assumed, going by press release and that the album covers from Sixteen Stone and Throwing Copper are featured on posters for the tour.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    That's what I assumed, going by press release and that the album covers from Sixteen Stone and Throwing Copper are featured on posters for the tour.

Gavin said in a recent interview that he has no interest in playing the album in full...doesn't like to "be in a box".

They are using those two album covers because in the press only because those are the two albums that are 25 years old...

Live will end up playing Throwing Copper in full at least once.

--

It is pretty cool to hear that they are working with Tyler Bates on this new record. He was the best part of Manson's Pale Emperor IMO
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 03-21-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Gavin said in a recent interview that he has no interest in playing the album in full...doesn't like to "be in a box".

They are using those two album covers because in the press only because those are the two albums that are 25 years old...

Live will end up playing Throwing Copper in full at least once.

--

It is pretty cool to hear that they are working with Tyler Bates on this new record. He was the best part of Manson's Pale Emperor IMO
    Does this guy ever age? I wasn't crazy about the last Bush album, but this new one sounds promising.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    The Mind Plays Tricks on You is due this Fall:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bus...m-in-the-fall/

Not a huge fan of their last album, but this new disc sounds very promising.
    Last edited by RhettButler; 05-14-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    It's a real shame that Nigel & Dave won't come back on guitar & bass. Seems like alot of the magic was in their writing.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    It's a real shame that Nigel & Dave won't come back on guitar & bass. Seems like alot of the magic was in their writing.
    The first album is their best, but I do like this current lineup. First two post-reunion albums were very good, third one was meh, but I think Gavin gets that. New album sounds promising.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The first album is their best, but I do like this current lineup. First two post-reunion albums were very good, third one was meh, but I think Gavin gets that. New album sounds promising.
    Razorblade Suitcase is their pinnacle, IMO. Absolutely love the production on that album because it feel very raw. The lyrics on that album are either genius or awful, depending on your perspective.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Razorblade Suitcase is their pinnacle, IMO. Absolutely love the production on that album because it feel very raw. The lyrics on that album are either genius or awful, depending on your perspective.
    RS is a rather uneven album, imho. The singles are great and there are some really solid deep album cuts, but there's a fair amount of filler too. Sea of Memories and Man on the Run might not have had the killer singles of Sixteen Stone and Razorblade Suitcase (although "Sound of Winter" comes close), but those later-day albums were, maybe, consistently more enjoyable, front-to-back.

My ranking:

1. Sixteen Stone (1994)
    2. The Sea of Memories (2011)
    3. Razorblade Suitcase (1996)
    4. Man on the Run (2014)
    5. Golden State (2001)
    6. The Science of Things (1999)
    7. Black and White Rainbows (2017)
    Last edited by RhettButler; 05-14-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think "Insect Kin" is their best track.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Cold Contagious is incredible. I'm not sure why they haven't played that even once since reforming.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

New song from the John Wick movie and the upcoming Bush album. I thought this was rather good--much better than anything from the Black and White Rainbows album. This sounds like it could have been released by the original band 20 years ago. There's nothing groundbreaking here--but this sounds good and should hopefully please fans of old-school Bush.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    i knew a guy who had the first record & kind of liked it. so he went to see them at cbgb in nyc. they were so horrible that night that he took his cd & put it out on the sidewalk for someone to take. had to get it out of the apartment, haha.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i knew a guy who had the first record & kind of liked it. so he went to see them at cbgb in nyc. they were so horrible that night that he took his cd & put it out on the sidewalk for someone to take. had to get it out of the apartment, haha.
    I never saw the original band but I've seen Bush probably a half dozen times since 2011 and they always put on an awesome show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

New song from the John Wick movie and the upcoming Bush album. I thought this was rather good--much better than anything from the Black and White Rainbows album. This sounds like it could have been released by the original band 20 years ago. There's nothing groundbreaking here--but this sounds good and should hopefully please fans of old-school Bush.
    This is definitely sounding better than the past few albums, but I'd like it more if the production was more raw like Sixteen Stone and Razorblade Suitcase. I think that's when the band sounds its best. All this overproduced stuff makes it harder for me to enjoy.