Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: BUSH! (The band, not George H.W., George W., Neil, Barbara, Jeb, etc.)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

New song from the John Wick movie and the upcoming Bush album. I thought this was rather good--much better than anything from the Black and White Rainbows album. This sounds like it could have been released by the original band 20 years ago. There's nothing groundbreaking here--but this sounds good and should hopefully please fans of old-school Bush.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i knew a guy who had the first record & kind of liked it. so he went to see them at cbgb in nyc. they were so horrible that night that he took his cd & put it out on the sidewalk for someone to take. had to get it out of the apartment, haha.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i knew a guy who had the first record & kind of liked it. so he went to see them at cbgb in nyc. they were so horrible that night that he took his cd & put it out on the sidewalk for someone to take. had to get it out of the apartment, haha.
    I never saw the original band but I've seen Bush probably a half dozen times since 2011 and they always put on an awesome show.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

New song from the John Wick movie and the upcoming Bush album. I thought this was rather good--much better than anything from the Black and White Rainbows album. This sounds like it could have been released by the original band 20 years ago. There's nothing groundbreaking here--but this sounds good and should hopefully please fans of old-school Bush.
    This is definitely sounding better than the past few albums, but I'd like it more if the production was more raw like Sixteen Stone and Razorblade Suitcase. I think that's when the band sounds its best. All this overproduced stuff makes it harder for me to enjoy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw Bush with Live last night. I could cut-and-paste from my review from past shows--no surprises, solid show, band sounds good, they play the big hits people want to hear with some new stuff, Gavin likes to run around the audience and likes to talk about how much he appreciates his fans...

Live were good too. Kinda somber, but good.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Saw Bush with Live last night. I could cut-and-paste from my review from past shows--no surprises, solid show, band sounds good, they play the big hits people want to hear with some new stuff, Gavin likes to run around the audience and likes to talk about how much he appreciates his fans...

Live were good too. Kinda somber, but good.
    how was the crowd? How full?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    how was the crowd? How full?
    The Boston Pavilion holds 5,200 people, and it looked like it was fairly full--kind of hard to tell. The crowd thinned a little by the time Live played, but that always happens during the second set of a co-headlining tour.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

There's a live stream for all three bands (OLP, Live, Bush) from Wichita tonight.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Is Gavin trying to make The Mind Plays Tricks on You the new Chinese Democracy?

When is this thing coming out?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Bush and Theory of a Deadman are opening for Breaking Benjamin this summer at all the usual huge venues. Huh, didn't see that one coming.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Bush and Theory of a Deadman are opening for Breaking Benjamin this summer at all the usual huge venues. Huh, didn't see that one coming.
    Pass. Just checked out BB on youtube. Very generic.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    new Bush song is good. Too clean, but good.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I dont...hate it...over produced imo-- I still thing Razorblade Suitcase is their masterpiece.

I also really dug Gavin's other bad at the time, Institute, cheesy but cool

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Not bad. What keeps this from being just another generic modern rock song is the hook and crafsmanship.

This is an improvement over Black and White Rainbows, which was was easily the weakest album from Bush 2.0 and one of their worst albums overall. I also think The Kingdom is a better title than The Mind Plays Tricks on You.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    You don't know how disappointed I was to see it's actually The Kingdom.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    IDK, the title isn't exceptionally creative, but it's alright. The cover is pretty cool.

Robin Goodridge left the band and now they have a new drummer, Nik Hughes. Not sure who plays on the new album.

Gavin is now the only original member left.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm surprised they have went on this long to be honest. I stopped really listening after The Science of Things.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I'm surprised they have went on this long to be honest. I stopped really listening after The Science of Things.
    Gavin needs that money yo.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Same here.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I was prepared to see him in more movies after seeing him in Constantine. Didn't think he was that bad in the role he was given.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    He got 4 kids

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Bush have a new blue-Ray/live album. Didn't realize it was out until I saw it on Amazon.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Watched the new blu-Ray tonight and it's really good. Band sounds great, filming and sound are top-notch and the setlist is good, if not predictable. This was filmed in August of 2019 and it's pretty much like every Bush show that I've ever been to--mostly the big hits, a few new songs with Gavin running around the venue towards the end. I've seen this movie before, but I like it, and this new blue-Ray/Live album is a good document of Bush in the 10's. There are some interviews too throughout the concert.

There are three discs, a blu-Ray, a DVD and an audio CD (same show). Packaging is decent but nothing special.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 06-07-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    First review is positive. Reviewer is mistaken about the lineup though, as Gavin is now the only original member.

https://www.loudersound.com/reviews/...m-album-review

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Giving the new album The Kingdom a cursory listen now and think it's rather good, definitively an improvement over the last album, and on-par with the first two reunion albums. No real surprises here. If you liked the harder-rocking songs from Sea of Memories and Man on the Run than you will like this. I'm going to give this disc a few more spins, but my initial reaction is a big thumbs up!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    *Listens* Yep... Bush has no intention of escaping that overproduced sound. *Sigh* Didn't Gavin say he was inspired by System of a Down for this album? I'm hearing more of a Chevelle influence.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    1.5/5 star review from Rolling Stone:
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...eview-1029452/

To quote Clueless, ​"way harsh."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I kinda gotta agree with Rolling Stone. I found the album pretty meh. The mix and master is bland, leaving the music feeling dull. Needs more edge. The drums are especially boring sounding. Bullet Holes sounds pretty fucking ugly on headphones, not in a good way. Someone get Steve Albini back.

Inspired by System Of A Down????

Where? I don't hear it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The sound didn't really bother me, 90's rock songs with a '10 aesthetic. I can see not giving the album a rave review, but 1.5 is pretty harsh.

Here is a more favorable review:
    https://www.entertainment-focus.com/...-album-review/