Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: American Gods (TV series)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Good news for Hannibal season 4, perhaps?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That really sucks. Their vision for this was really impressive thus far. I can see there being budget problems though bc it's on Starz. I'd imagine Starz gotta be stingy in general.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I had high hopes for the show. The book is my favorite novel of all time. The show felt a little rushed in the early episodes but it had really started to improve. I'll be disappointed if it ends up being scrapped, but it may be for the best at this point before it has a chance to really suck.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like this show is crashing and burning. Starz really fucked this all up.

American Gods Sidelines New Showrunner Following Season 2 Delays
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/98...eason-2-delays

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Looks like this show is crashing and burning. Starz really fucked this all up.

American Gods Sidelines New Showrunner Following Season 2 Delays
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/98...eason-2-delays
    the first season was one of the best seasons of TV i have ever watched, i am so, so mad at them for fucking this up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the first season was one of the best seasons of TV i have ever watched, i am so, so mad at them for fucking this up.
    I thought the first season was good, but I think you could tell they couldn't go as far as they could being stuck on Starz and their budget. It's a shame HBO passed on it. Netflix would have been great as well.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just started watching S2 (via iTunes)... Does not disappoint.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I only watched the first episode of this season so far, but it was great. This show is swinging for the rafters. Big ideas, just like Gaiman's comics.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Come on season 3, get here already!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Season was pretty uneven, but I like where we're headed. With some stability behind the scenes, I hope season 3 is better. Not enough actually happened this season too.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Season was pretty uneven, but I like where we're headed. With some stability behind the scenes, I hope season 3 is better. Not enough actually happened this season too.

Yeah, the drama behind S2 sucks. The behind-the-scenes tension and showrunnerlessness (hey, I made a new word) shows, as the actors actually had to improvise a lot of scenes. Still, I'm glad that they worked hard enough to keep the series afloat, and even brought Gaiman himself on board, after losing their showrunners. S3 seems to have a new showrunner, and the final episode of S2 was actually the one closest to the majesty of S1, especially when Mr. World unravels his plan. I'm still as excited as before.

As for the soundtrack, while I enjoyed Brian Reitzell's work musically (he even wrote most of the series' songs and brought along famous singers), I disliked it production-wise. It was too bass-y, too flash-y, and it eventually became tiring. The new composers have potential; I especially liked that "theatrical" episode with Mr. Wednesday as a showman.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Loved what we learned about suicide in that episode.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    damn, didn't even start season 3 yet.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    damn, didn't even start season 3 yet.
    Canadian iTunes didn't list it until Starz finished its broadcast run, so I just bought it last weekend. Looking forward to getting into it... now I wonder if there will be a 4th show tie-in graphic novel (the first three are gorgeous).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Canadian iTunes didn't list it until Starz finished its broadcast run, so I just bought it last weekend. Looking forward to getting into it... now I wonder if there will be a 4th show tie-in graphic novel (the first three are gorgeous).
    Ah, smart man. I shall obtain it through...other...means.

My problem is that I've gotten more and more obsessed with college basketball & as such I carve out very little time now in the winter to watch much else (I'll watch pretty much any game featuring teams with March Madness implications). Things are rapidly dwindling in the sport now that the Final Four is upon us, so I will go back to shunning all things athletic until next November. American Gods & Inviincible top the list.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Ok, so that production company still wants to finish up the story and now this...

well... I think things are looking up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What is it with Bryan Fuller's shows being canceled left and right?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished with S3... that did not disappoint.

Come on S4, find a buyer... come on, come on....