Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Stranger Things - Season 3 - 7/4/2019

Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Not me, I was following the development of the show going back when it was called Montauk and not single actor or actress was hired. Montauk is the name of a town on Long Island where I lived and it has its own local legends surrounding a military base and laboratory... The Montauk Project. This is what the Philadelphia Experiment was inspired by. These legends was something I always wanted to turn into a screenplay since I was young. So when I heard Netflix was making a show called Montauk inspired by these legends, I was super excited for the show and couldn't wait to see it. I can probably find my original social media posts about it. Then the locale and title changed. More info leaked out. I grew even more excited. I had very high expectations by the time the show premiered and it didn't fail. I also enjoyed the second season and can't wait for the third. I think this show is fun and amazing.
    my friend used to have a band called The Montauk Project!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    My distaste for season 2 isnt based on high expectations. I just thought it was boring, it had a lot of redundancies, frustrating lack of character development, weird sexual politics which included the strange isolation of all of it's female characters. I felt like the pacing was off, and character choices were hard to buy. The continued victimized state of the missing kid from season one and the continued frantic state of his mother became tiring.

A lot of season twos are bad for the last few years, and I think some of these prestige shows build their first seasons as self contained stories, and in coming up with a sequel they faulter often failing to come up with a proper way to escalate the action or altogether not really having a coherent plan for the shows future.

A recent exception would be Mrs. Maisel. I came to season 2 with very high expectations based on the first season and those were more or less successfully met. That season cleverly deserializes the show, which allowed individual episodes to thrive while larger arcs played out in a secondary sort of way.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Not me, I was following the development of the show going back when it was called Montauk and not single actor or actress was hired. Montauk is the name of a town on Long Island where I lived and it has its own local legends surrounding a military base and laboratory... The Montauk Project. This is what the Philadelphia Experiment was inspired by. These legends was something I always wanted to turn into a screenplay since I was young. So when I heard Netflix was making a show called Montauk inspired by these legends, I was super excited for the show and couldn't wait to see it. I can probably find my original social media posts about it. Then the locale and title changed. More info leaked out. I grew even more excited. I had very high expectations by the time the show premiered and it didn't fail. I also enjoyed the second season and can't wait for the third. I think this show is fun and amazing.
    You just blew my mind, being a native Long Islander myself, I rememeber the talk about Montauk as well, so story corroborated a little more . The amount of times I Google earthed Plum Island...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Word around the interwebs is that season 4 may begin filming ‘as soon as October’.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Word around the interwebs is that season 4 may begin filming ‘as soon as October’.
    they're gonna have to film asap. Will isn't getting any younger.
    YjNmZjg5YjcwYSMvSnZrM0FUM010MGo1ejBPS1M0dFduQTUtVWpBPS8xNngyMjM6MTM0N3g4NTcvODAweDQ1MC9maWx0ZXJz.jpg

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    No discussion on season 3? I'm letting my Netflix account lapse for a few months, so in the meantime am wondering what everyone's making of the new episodes.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    No discussion on season 3? I'm letting my Netflix account lapse for a few months, so in the meantime am wondering what everyone's making of the new episodes.
    Check the Netflix thread.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 09-30-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    People on the internet freak me out... calling this a spoiler. Jesus, if it wasn't clear to you what that ending implied, then I don't know. And hell, this is just a teaser giving away absolutely nothing.

Curious where they will take this for the new season!