Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
SPOILERS BELOW. WHOLE DAMN THING IS SPOILERS SO JUST DON'T READ IT IF YOU'RE NOT FINISHED.
Really, really did not want to see that particular couple at Christmas. I feel like Steve's character was developed too much to simply be forgiven by one "oh hey guys maybe I was a dick" moment. In my mind he's still a total cock, and it just pissed me off to see someone intelligent go for him instead of the person she seemed to actually connect with.
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS indeed

i think i mentioned this in an earlier post, but i am really glad the nancy & jonathan didn't end up together. not only was jonathan clearly a bit unstable (beating the shit out of someone, no matter why you're doing it, is fucked up), but it broke the trope of that sort of thing happening in EVERYTHING from the 80s.

but also, i really did feel like steve redeemed himself. he helped clean the sign that he hadn't even messed up (minor, but important), he ditched his asshole friends because he realized they were horrible, and most importantly, he came to apologize for his behavior toward jonathan completely of his own free will and ended up helping save the day. as a cherry on top of that, he made up for one of the worst things he did: breaking jonathan's camera. jonathan's clearly not a wealthy kid, so it would have been a HUGE loss for him on not only a financial level but losing his ability to creatively express himself, especially during such a traumatizing time. so steve buying him a new camera is a pretty big deal.

also, his x-mas sweater was awesome.

p.s. this is coming from someone who spent the majority of the time SCREAMING at steve through the tv