Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things - AKA the Kate Bush Revival

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I knew we'd be waiting until next summer. These kids are gonna be in college by the time they get around to filming season 5 (assuming there is one).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just got the Season 4 release date through work. Unfortunately I'm very much NDA'ed as to saying anything but as a plus...whenever you hear anyone say 'Summer!' we always assume it's like August 28 lol.... it's sooner. Actually a lot sooner.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finally they announced so I don't have to sit on it anymore lol.

Season 4 - Part 1 May 27
    Season 4 - Part 2 July 1

Season 5 filming begins later this year and it'll be the last season.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Official announcement:

Love the cover art! And longer episodes .
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-17-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's not such a bad thing that it's ending with season 5. The show won't overstay its welcome.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea, I'm totally fine with that. The episodes being longer makes sense for the 2 parter so it doesn't feel over-saturated. Cannot wait for this!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New trailer drops at 7am PT! Each episode will be about an hour long .
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-12-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Here's the new trailer!

Looks like they're really turning things up to 11.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So much going on here! The cinematography is bonkers.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-12-2022 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For those so inclined...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's back yall. First episode was great. Loooong too...74 minutes (and alot of the 4th season looks to be that long). Got introduced to the new normal for everyone, met some new characters, got some fucked up flashbacks to the children with powers being messed with in 1979, and ended with some pretty creepy horror that laid the groundwork for the season.

Finn Wolfhard looks like he's a member of AARP.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Well the wife won't be watching this season. I can assure you of that. Episode 1 Def took it up a few notches...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Devoured the new episodes in two sitting, this season is n't perfect but it's a LOT of fun, and it's just so good to be back with these characters. Can't wait for July 1st!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    my gf and I watched it over this 3 day weekend. we laughed a lot, sometimes at things they wanted us to laugh at and sometimes things we probably weren't meant to laugh at..and we picked apart certain possible plot holes, as well as predicted things way in advance (and sadly were correct with our predictions)

it was fun but tiring too. I was ready for it to end and I usually had no problems binging shows in the past.

enjoy everyone. it'll be a season to remember for sure.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The show definitely lost some it's magic for me, but that already happened last season and becomes more obvious this time around. I really enjoy that they amped up the horror aspects alot more in this season, but I strongly believe that this show needs fewer characters. It makes sense for these new episodes to go on a little bit longer so you can spend time with each and everyone here, but overall this show is extremely crowded by now. Love the effects and some of the practical stuff, Eddie is a great new addition, but the Russian parts are a little far fetched for me.

I'm only at episode three and I do enjoy it, but it has left some of its spark on the road. And I absolutely can't stand Millie Bobby Brown these days, but that might have to do with her antics off-show. And what about Will? They seem to have written him off entirely, but let's see until I've finished this season for a final judgement.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Massive improvement on the last two seasons, in my opinion. Good horror, cohesive narrative, less of the kids' soap opera stuff. Looks great, sounds great, vibes great.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m not hooked back in after 2 episodes. They’re not doing a good job of effectively having everyone spread out—too many important characters just feel left out. Max is the most interesting of the group now, story wise, so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'm on episode 4 or so, this one one of those shows that after the first season I'll still watch but the plot and writing is not as strong as I'd like. Definitely not a buy-all-the-funko-pop-merch kind of fan lol but still enjoy watching. Lots of good comedic timing from the actors and the body horror stuff is cool and a little unexpected (in a good way).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Haven't finished these 7 episodes yet (kinda hard when they're 69 hours each), but I'm lokced in on what they're doing this season. I'd rank the seasons as such....

Season 1
    Season 4 (on potential)
    Season 3 (could flip with 4 if they drop the ball)
    Seson 2

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Loved every minute of episode 1. Refreshing to have this show back, hearing the theme for the first time in awhile, seeing how everything isn't all hunky dory after last season, and adding some very big questions. That ending though... Damn.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I really wish they had just done a completely different plot and set of characters each season

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Haven't finished these 7 episodes yet (kinda hard when they're 69 hours each), but I'm lokced in on what they're doing this season. I'd rank the seasons as such....

Season 1
    Season 4 (on potential)
    Seson 2
    I agree this season has been absolutely amazing. The character development is much more improved from last season and their dialog is interesting. You have to rank the first season as the best but this season is very close. Also Murray is hilarious
    Last edited by Rdm; 06-06-2022 at 02:22 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

Season 1
    Season 4 (on potential)
    Seson 2
    I still need to see the last 2 episodes of 4. But so far this is my ranking exactly.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Time jump for season 5, incoming. Cool to read they're still wrapping up the final 2 episodes for this season.

Finishing the first half tonight until the break. Really enjoying this season so far.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-07-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    One episode left in this set for me. Loving the Dream Warriors stuff going on this season, as well as the Dark Phoenix stuff as well. The Chris Claremont love isn't subtle here...hence The Hellfire Club.

We got a really cool cameo related to that Dream Warriors vibe as well.

Sadie Sink is a great young actress too. Doing a great job this season. Was good in Fear Street last year, and I def. want to see her in more things in the future.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Man, I don't know why I'm still sticking this out. the vibes I guess? These writers are hacks that got extremely lucky in their first season. They have once again fridged will and eleven, separating them from the group, unable to write anything really meaningful or compelling for either of them. Unwilling to let the audience enjoy something more interesting happening with elevens powers. They just aren't clever enough, and a lot of it's on display in this roller rink bullying scene where the motivations of the crowd and of the characters changes rapidly to serve the needs of the plot rather than the other way around.

This insane shit with Russia.. did anyone sign up for that in the first season? It wasn't working for me last season and sure as shit isnt this time either. It's just filler. None of it is interesting, none of it grows the characters or relationships. It's all there because the Duffer Brothers can't come up with any thing for these characters to do or for them to want. They were given a blank check when they should have been reigned in.

So much should have cut. Gone in on some of the stuff going on with Max, the only character who gets a slow burn type of arc. With everyone else it's tire spinning or spontaneous character type transformations (this guy's a full blown stoner now and this one's a jock!). They could have done more to hone in on her narrative and let it shine more. She used to be one of the worst characters on the show and I'm glad she's finding redemption but its diluted by all the shuffling and cutting of the deck of characters.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This insane shit with Russia..
    Counterpoint, this one scene is worth the entire Russia story:

But really, sorry you aren't digging it. I was honestly not even looking forward to this season. Once I saw how long the episodes were I felt like it would be a chore to get through. But then I watched it and I actually think it's the best the show has been since season one. In fact, go back and watch the pilot episode and there are a LOT of threads that are being explored this season that were right there from the start so I don't think its bad story telling at all, maybe not the story you wanted, but its working for me. More of Max would be great but it is an ensemble show at the end of the day and its going to jump around. I actually think separating Eleven was a great thing. I for one did not want to see any more drama with her and Mike. The new additions and the different groups of kids have all been good. Overall it's just a fun show to watch, and imo there aren't many of those around these days.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    They haven't done anything particularly new, or I teresting or even nuanced with Eleven in 3 whole seasons. Every choice they make with her is frustrating and wasteful and it seems like it's always in the service of keeping her away from the rest of the cast and doing cool shit with her powers.

There's also weirdly a bunch of scene of torture in this season... Why? Several tropes we've long since realized are toxic (like "repressed memories," which is deeply problematic). Lots of opportunities to subvert expectations and take characters in different directions and they just never take them. Idk. I'm sticking around on vibes I guess? It always feels like it could turn around it just never does.