Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Stranger Things - AKA the Kate Bush Revival

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    < I have to disagree. I think they have been doing a great job with connecting subtle aspects from season 1 more than people are realizing, along with some of the characters driven motivations make sense as to why they are written the way they are this season. So many fans literally forgot that Jonathan and fam moved away with Eleven.

Lucas doesn't want to be a "Loser" anymore which is absolutely understandable and believable. His rant in school actually reminded me of Evan from Superbad when he goes off on Seth about wasting time with him lol.

Max suffering from PTSD watching Billy die right in front of her and being vulnerable to Vecna.

Jonathan and fam moved to Cali, which I think is hilarious that he became a stoner. He has been such a focal point in the show, I can see why people are a bit perplexed as to why he isn't in it as much, but I'm not going to have the same expectations every season for them to touch upon every single characters development... Honestly, some of them do not need it. Do we really need another arc with Will??

And Hopper in Russia is actually one of my favorite aspects about this season; you can feel the dread every time and I think that has been executed very well. It's a TV show, not real life Russia lol.

Season 5 is definitely a thing, which doesn't make me that all up in arms about how some of the characters are written this season. No way they don't address how Nancy and Jonathan have grown apart, heck...we may not even see the group all together this season and I'm totally fine with that. Almost every season we see them doing seperate tasks, and then ultimately coming together to fight off a boss. I would rather them not all meet up at the end of this season, but I can see it happening.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-11-2022 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I figured it out. I love to hate on stranger things. That's why I keep watching it. It's trashy right wing garbage and it should have ended after the first season. It's still running off the fumes of the vibes and intrigue of the first and it has nothing left but a sense of unearned prestige. It's just a globbed together series of toxic tropes that better filmmakers have abandoned and increasingly voyeuristic seasons of torture and child abuse. Yay.

I'm not trying to hate on you guys for getting something more out of it. But man.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I can’t imagine watching a show being so taxing, oof. Over the past week the wife and I put our kid to bed, grab a glass of wine, and kick back exhausted to watch the campy 80s sci-fi show. Last episode tonight!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

This trailer has me effectively hyped for part 2.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Nobody is safe! We're going to lose a crew member, I just have a bad feeling. Seeing Billy riffing, I'm expecting an awesome scene out of that one.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Shit is gonna go DOWN.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I dug all of season 4, both volumes 1 and 2. Overall I was very satisfied with everything. I really liked the bad guy and his Freddy Kruger like the ways. Season 5 has so many possibilities with what they can do now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Season 4 was pretty good.

Though, I just heard a spoiler for season 5. Apparently, Eleven is going to stand with her arm outstretched in front of her and an intense look on her face while something dramatic happens around her.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Shit is gonna go DOWN.
    Chuba! H'kuu apenkee, Solo!

I've been in a strange place lately. I still haven't watched a minute of S04.

Is it better than S03?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    "Papa" was actually very disjointed for me. Hoping this 2 1/2 hour finale brings the goods, because this is probably my least favorite episode of the entire season.

Spoiler: I'm wondering if Eleven will ever be at the power level that Henry was before being sent into the upside down. Henry did things with ease, as Eleven always seems like she needs something that "Pushes" her forward or really has to concentrate sometimes. Her powers don't always add up to me, and that helicopter scene was unintentionally hilarious and awesome at the same time.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-02-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Spoiler: I'm wondering if Eleven will ever be at the power level that Howard was before being sent into the upside down. Howard did things with ease
    Spoiler: I think you mean Henry

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Spoiler: I think you mean Henry
    Ugh, I was just talking to someone about Better Call Saul and it auto-corrected lol... Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: I'm not crying Spoiler: Eddie gone too damn soon, man... And poor Max.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-03-2022 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Well, I loved this season. Easily my favorite since season 1. I'm actually going to miss this show after season 5 is over. And I feel old. And I wish it actually was the 80s. And I want to be a kid again. And now I am sad.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I love the callbacks to other horror movies. That Halloween callback was really cool, and Joseph Quinn stole the show for me this season. Very satisfied...

Watching again with my Mom, this scene was done so well making Stranger Things into a small action movie for a minute.

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-03-2022 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I thought the last two episodes were much better. The pacing was better, the character moments were better. It's a better show when the characters are allowed to do the things they're supposed to do and are allowed to connect with and interact with the people they actually care about. The fridging in this show is pretty rampant, and worse, transparent. And likewise that whole Russia plot felt like a waste and I think the show as a whole, might have done better if some time restrictions were placed in this season, forcing the writers to cut things that felt superfluous. Perhaps one cuttable scene was the bizarre sequence at the gun store where like... Everyone they knew seemed to be at the gun store at just that time?

To me, Max and Eddie were two of the most interesting characters on the show. I would have liked to see the show bring Eddie along, but it did seem impossible to bring him into public favor again. All in all much more watchable when the show wants to move forward instead of durdling in place

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    At times, I even got a Lost Boys feel in the last episode.

I laughed too much....it was the slow motion that had me laughing. Literally like a half hour of the last episode is in slow motion! So overdone and unnecessary, totally took my gf and I out as we laughed.

Overall...it was good. Kinda looking forward to it ending though, not going to lie. Sure, I'll miss it...but I'm a bit over it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I absolutely loved this season. Really was not expecting so much to be revealed about what the Upside Down actually is, figured that would be saved for the final season. Hopefully Season 5 doesn't take as long to come out because it's going to be nuts.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I hope Caleb McLaughlin gets some recognition for his performance this season. He acted his ass off, and had such great moments that added growth to his character.

Almost done with the second watch with mom, and there are definitely some things here that do not make sense from a writing standpoint, and there are so many scenes where the writing is incredibly predictable (Which I initially thought) My mother was finishing their sentences and then laughing afterwards lolol. Still loved this season!

Rankings so far:

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-06-2022 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I wish they had revisited and added more closure to the eleven in school stuff. It was badly done but interesting in concept

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    KNEW I remembered his face from somewhere.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Rankings so far:

@elevenism this is the correct answer to your question haha.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Watched seasons 1 & 2 again... The re-watch didn't change my rankings so far, but I will die on the hill with 008's episode like I initially was. There is nothing wrong with it and it works just fine... Watching S4 twice, it would actually be pretty awesome if they brought 008 back to defeat Vecna. Eleven and her combined are literally what he is now with what he can do with his powers.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Watched seasons 1 & 2 again... The re-watch didn't change my rankings so far, but I will die on the hill with 008's episode like I initially was. There is nothing wrong with it and it works just fine... Watching S4 twice, it would actually be pretty awesome if they brought 008 back to defeat Vecna. Eleven and her combined are literally what he is now with what he can do with his powers.
    Got into Stranger Things relatively recently and binge watched it, but YES YES I agree. Until I saw what happened to the other kids I was saying, why doesn’t El find 1-9 and form a superhero team. Maybe she’ll turn up in the next series?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Got into Stranger Things relatively recently and binge watched it, but YES YES I agree. Until I saw what happened to the other kids I was saying, why doesn’t El find 1-9 and form a superhero team. Maybe she’ll turn up in the next series?
    I really hope they do something with it. I was all for just moving on from it at this point, but when Vecna showed what he could do, I was like ok... Where is she at lol.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    is the finale gonna be pushed off bc of the writers strike?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)