Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things - AKA the Kate Bush Revival

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Am I the only one who thought the score music during Dart's escape from the Ghostbusters trap in the school a nod to the Gremlins theme?
    it was, and intentionally

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Not exactly shocked by this news...

Stranger Things Season 3 Given the Green Light by Netflix!
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/90...son-3#/slide/1

Don't Expect "Stranger Things 3" Until 2019

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    As much as it sucks to wait, I rather them take their time and do it right. So it's fine with me.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

We have a radio station here that loves MC Lars, and they've been giving this track pretty heavy rotation. I think the song picks up as it progresses, especially as it gets into the point where different parties get involved.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Season 3 will be 8 episodes.
    They start filming in April...

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/92...-episode-count

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Season 3 will be 8 episodes.
    They start filming in April...

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/92...-episode-count
    hopefully this means we won't have a complete throwaway episode like we did in season 2

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, 8 does seem like the magic number. Marvel would do well to take note of that, too (not that it made Defenders into a quality product, but all their other Netflix series would have benefited from leaner seasons).

I hope the Stranger Things crew learns some more lessons from that second season. It felt to me like it was made​ for kids, not just starring them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Stranger Things 3 - Now In Production

I know folks will call me crazy, but I'm more psyched for Stranger Things 3 than the final season of Game Of Thrones. I know, crazy, right? But I love this show and its characters. An amazing cast.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just finished season 2. The same kinds of intentional cultural appropriation on Westworld brought me back to this. Structurally it felt very similar to the first season, but it had enough to keep me glued. I'm glad that they creators have gone back on their stance of adding one more episode to each season, as I think this one may have had too much to it. But I liked episode 7, it could be a good clue as to what the main thrust of what comes next.

I too liked Bob. But I knew he was dead from the minute he was on screen.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Stranger Things 3 - Now In Production

I know folks will call me crazy, but I'm more psyched for Stranger Things 3 than the final season of Game Of Thrones. I know, crazy, right? But I love this show and its characters. An amazing cast.
    I won't call you crazy at all. For me, the shows fill two different desires:

Stranger Things: engrossing story that I enjoy seeing play out
    Game of Thrones: don't follow it; treat each episode as "let's see who dies this time" and laugh at the shocked reactions of the people who follow it religiously.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @theimage13

I do love Game Of Thrones and think it is a great show, but Stranger Things just takes me to a place in my childhood. It's what JJ Abrams' Super 8 wished it could be (and I enjoyed Super 8 by the way). Stranger Things just hits all the right marks on the movies and stuff I loved growing up as well as experiences while also being something new and original. The casting is stellar and it is all quite relatable. I just love the world of Stranger Things. They could honestly just drop all the sci fi and horror and give us a normal coming of age drama with this cast and I would love it. All those sci fi and horror nods are just a bonus. Stranger Things makes me feel something no other current show or movie can. It brings me back to that awe feeling I had watching stuff as a kid.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    @theimage13

I do love Game Of Thrones and think it is a great show, but Stranger Things just takes me to a place in my childhood. It's what JJ Abrams' Super 8 wished it could be (and I enjoyed Super 8 by the way). Stranger Things just hits all the right marks on the movies and stuff I loved growing up as well as experiences while also being something new and original. The casting is stellar and it is all quite relatable. I just love the world of Stranger Things. They could honestly just drop all the sci fi and horror and give us a normal coming of age drama with this cast and I would love it. All those sci fi and horror nods are just a bonus. Stranger Things makes me feel something no other current show or movie can. It brings me back to that awe feeling I had watching stuff as a kid.
    I just got sad thinking about the fact that the cast aren't even really "kids" anymore and that we will never, ever be able to have anything like what you just described with the actors involved. Goddamnit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    my wife sent this to me on instagram yesterday morning while i was working and having a rough day. the nostalgia gave me goosebumps and then steve just killed me. i was laughing SO HARD.

"...ahoy."

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Hopper is SO HOT.

That's all, thanks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Summer of 2019 seems so far away right now. Sucks that we have to wait longer for Game of Thrones AND Stranger Things...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Last edited by october_midnight; 12-31-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Is that the legs or mandibles of a giant spider on the bottom of the poster? Can't wait to find out what's stalking/hunting/haunting the Hawkins kids this time...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I still never bought the blu-ray set of season 2. Blahhhhh.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I still never bought the blu-ray set of season 2. Blahhhhh.
    it was only $18 at target when i was there before x-mas, not sure how much it is now. but it looks even cooler than season 1 because instead of looking like a worn out, owned VHS, it looks like a rental VHS with the cloudy plastic & clamshell case. i love it. i just wish they included ANY special features at all with either season. i can't believe they don't even have Beyond Stranger Things included with season 2.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Is that the legs or mandibles of a giant spider on the bottom of the poster?
    My arachnophobia sure freakin' hopes not lol

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is it wrong that I'm more excited for Stranger Things 3 than the final season of Game Of Thrones? I dunno why. This trailer looks great!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Is it wrong that I'm more excited for Stranger Things 3 than the final season of Game Of Thrones? I dunno why. This trailer looks great!
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm excited for both, but I watch GoT more just to see who dies next and laugh at all the naive people who thought their favorite characters would live. Stranger Things, I'm actually interested in from a story perspective. Maybe I just relate better to 80's-era nerd kids than fantasy warriors and dragons and incest.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I the only one that thought season 2 was a disaster?

New trailer doesn't give me hope it turns around, although to be fair I'm not sure what would.

Il still watch it. I'd like if they could even come close to matching season 1 in quality

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I the only one that thought season 2 was a disaster?

New trailer doesn't give me hope it turns around, although to be fair I'm not sure what would.

Il still watch it. I'd like if they could even come close to matching season 1 in quality
    I think the problem is that no one knew anything at all about season one. It pretty much came out of nowhere and with no expectations whatsoever. People watched it on the recommendations of friends. It was something new, and people fell in love with it. Do you know what that does to expectations? It's damn hard to live up to that. I liked season two, and I look forward to season three. It'll never have that special something that season one did, but I don't expect it to - and I think that helps me enjoy it more.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think the problem is that no one knew anything at all about season one. It pretty much came out of nowhere and with no expectations whatsoever. People watched it on the recommendations of friends. It was something new, and people fell in love with it. Do you know what that does to expectations? It's damn hard to live up to that. I liked season two, and I look forward to season three. It'll never have that special something that season one did, but I don't expect it to - and I think that helps me enjoy it more.
    This. Plus, being in the minority that enjoyed knowing that there were others out in the world like Eleven; it expanded the universe in an interesting way, even if it felt a bit campy. I left my expectations at the door with the second season, and it helped me appreciate what they were trying to do and it really paid off in the end imo. Also, having a shorter run time with the episodes benefited as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Not me, I was following the development of the show going back when it was called Montauk and not single actor or actress was hired. Montauk is the name of a town on Long Island where I lived and it has its own local legends surrounding a military base and laboratory... The Montauk Project. This is what the Philadelphia Experiment was inspired by. These legends was something I always wanted to turn into a screenplay since I was young. So when I heard Netflix was making a show called Montauk inspired by these legends, I was super excited for the show and couldn't wait to see it. I can probably find my original social media posts about it. Then the locale and title changed. More info leaked out. I grew even more excited. I had very high expectations by the time the show premiered and it didn't fail. I also enjoyed the second season and can't wait for the third. I think this show is fun and amazing.