Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Hum

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Hum

The mighty Hum, long deserving their own thread, and now especially so as a new record has been announced by the band via FB:

"Hi everybody. Hope all are well. We've been staying busy writing new stuff for an eventual record release. Still a long ways out, but it's going really well and we're excited. More on that later.

If you are in the area, come join us for a day of punishingly loud rock music and jello shots in July. Our dear friends are playing with us and it should be nice time as long as mother nature cooperates. Come early and stay late. 21+

Cheers."

They're also playing a show at Matt's bar on July 2 in IL w/ Cloakroom. Wish I could make it to that one

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    wow, that's big. Saw them with Failure last year at Webster, and they stole the show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There's some leftover tour merch posted for sale on Matt's Earth Analog site:

http://earthanalogrecords.bigcartel.com/

Some real cool stuff there if you weren't able to catch the tour last year. I'm kinda worried though, I put in an order 8 days ago and have yet to get an order confirmation or shipping confirmation back from them.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    touring this fall. this NYC show is STACKED. so nice to see great old and new bands doing shows together.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    full-length clip of new song:

Also a couple unreleased Centaur tracks from a few years ago that will hopefully see the light of day in some form:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hum

I didn't see a thread and I am kind of surprised... Downward is Heavenward is one of my all-time favorite albums. I had sort of given up on the idea of their new album ever coming out, but apparently Matt announced recently they were preparing to mix it in October. I am REALLY looking forward to this album.

https://www.stereogum.com/2015481/hu...20-years/news/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Hopefully more touring too.

Their appearance on Howard Stern's old E! show was one of my favorites. With Fred shoving his headphones against his ears as hard as possible to try and just hear the audio from their feed b/c they were all in the same room and Hum was playing SO loud.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I sort of stopped paying attention for a while, but apparently some demos of new material were floating around recently. Did anyone happen to catch those?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    According to their FB, pre-orders for the reissue of Downward Is Heavenward should be up soon!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Holy shit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck yusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Unbelievable. They just dropped this on us with no announcement. I’m literally fucking crying with joy, and I haven’t even played a note of this yet..

Words can’t begin to justify what a new album by these guys means to their fans. We never thought we’d see the day..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I have been on conference calls and will be for the next few hours... I am dying hear. I can't believe this is finally out!
    Last edited by buckaroo; 06-23-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Purchased!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Listening right now... Only two tracks in, already comin' in hot!

EDIT: Album is hella tight. Kind of a cross between the previous two albums.
    Last edited by piggy; 06-23-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Been meaning to check these guys out after Chino Moreno mentioned they are an influence, this new album slaps! Going to buy the vinyl (once I have some money) Thanks for posting about this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I loooove that guitar sound they make at the beginning of Waves, sounds like a digital rush.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This album is fucking INCREDIBLE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, this is ridiculously good. At first I thought it was just a big (albeit glorious) riff-fest, but the more I listen, the more these songs open up. The album is extremely cohesive and tightly written. They really progressed their sound to its logical conclusion: doomy, stonery shoegaze with a lot of melodic power. Hum isn't really doing anything NEW here; there are a lot of bands that sound like this. But they sound better than all of them.
    Last edited by ZeroSum; 06-27-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Been meaning to check these guys out after Chino Moreno mentioned they are an influence, this new album slaps! Going to buy the vinyl (once I have some money) Thanks for posting about this.
    This is also the first I'm listening to them. They actually are slot like Quicksand which is a Deftones adjacent band

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Album is fantastic. I wish it had a little more 90's alt crunch to it, but I completely get what they're going for & clearly wanted to lean more into the shoegaze here. It's logical for a bunch of guys much older & more mature now. I haven't been missing concerts as much as I thought I would, but maaaan do I wanna see this stuff live asap.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    A sad, sad day in Hum land..Bryan St. Pere has apparently died unexpectedly

https://www.facebook.com/humbandofficial

Inlet was easily the best record I heard last year. I'm being completely biased and I don't give a fuck..

I guess Jason Gerkin will be back in the seat for any future tours they do..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, that is shitty news