Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69
Results 2,041 to 2,068 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Also: Gabriel getting redemption by letting all the people through the gate, going back to how he locked everyone out of his church way back when.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Did anyone watch Talking Dead right after it? @ItsChrisRoss No, Andy wasn't at the live event. They did show a video clip of him apologizing for not being there and giving his thanks to everyone. Kinda weird to not be there when you're the main character of the show.

Right off the start of Daryl getting knocked out in the hospital, and the walker action and deaths of Spoiler: Luke and that blonde chick I was like, "Yeah, we're getting down to the nitty gritty!" But then I didn't like hearing during Talking Dead how Spoiler: Rosita/Christian said that she had asked Angela for her character to die in order to give herself closure. So that fact alone - they were just going to let everyone else live and everyone to be one happy family? I understand the comics kind of leave it open ended - but you can't really do that with a TV show. I think going that route is more appropriate for books/comics only.

I don't have AMC+, so the constant commercials every 7 minutes definitely killed the vibe and made the whole thing feel more rushed. The burning of all of the walkers and the Commonwealth in like 5 seconds felt lazy.

I did enjoy, like you said @Erneuert , Gabriel opening the gate up to let the people in.
    I did enjoy the talk between Maggie and Negan.
    I loved how Daryl and Carol finally said I love you to each other.
    DOG IS STILL ALIVE.

The clips of Spoiler: Rick and Michonne at the end were exciting, but weird. Again, just setting up for the spin-off.

I think I would've enjoyed it more NOT knowing the spin-off shows were happening. They could've made those announcements later.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    wait, where was Negan during that final montage? They showed Maggie but we only heard Negan’s voice.

Sucks that Rosita had to go.

What did Michonne mean when she was saying to Rick she knows his brother is out there and they will find him?
    I was super confused about Michonnes comment about “his brother being out there” - was she writing to Daryl? That’s the only brother I could really think of.

Also, what happened to Negans wife and why was there literally no mention of her at the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    JDM was pissed that they announced the spin-offs so early as well.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm not looking at any of the above posts.

I refused to watch the final episodes during her hospital stay, so we're gonna binge it soon, TOGETHER.

I hope it was ultra super badass, and i'll know soon enough.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So was that final scene specifically filmed for TWD finale? Or is it pulled from the upcoming Rickchonne series? Honestly, its placement as a part of TWD episode made no sense whatsoever. (Unless it was a standalone teaser and I'm just confused).

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Coral was in the last episode lol

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Man, I was so ready for this show to be over. Twenty-frigging-three series regulars by the final season, only a few of which have been around since the early days. The death at the beginning of the final episode was treated like the most tragic thing ever, but it's a character who was only in 17 episodes and was never really a main character.

Also, because they're setting up all the spin-offs, the show didn't really... end. Eleven seasons, and the finale just felt like, welp, there's that latest problem dealt with. On to the next one. Yes, we lost a major character and some people are going off on their own, but it still feels like any other season finale, which is not what you want from a series finale.

Anyway, I was ready to be done with the franchise. If the main series can't hold my attention, it doesn't make spin-offs seem very appealing (especially when I couldn't get into FTWD and heard blah things about TWB). That said, it sounds like the plans for most of the spin-offs are something I'd be into: six episode miniseries featuring just one or two of the main, OG characters each. If they do those right, it could be a much more palatable way to keep the franchise going. I think the main series just got bloated by the end with how many characters they had going; I found it hard to care about most of them.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the idea of a Maggie/Negan spin-off. The show did everything it could to redeem that dude, but you just can't introduce him like that and make me believe Maggie would ever be okay hanging with him. I liked their final scene together, but I still just can't buy him as an all-the-way good guy (as much as I like JDM and his performance).

Anyway, those are my parting thoughts. And of course, I'm not trying to yuck anyone's yum who loves the series!
    Last edited by Toadflax; 11-24-2022 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Intradasting

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Alternate ending photo:

The axed scene would have transported fans to the future and focused on RJ Grimes (Roland Buck III) and Judith Grimes (Britt Baron) in their 20s.
    A scene which would’ve paid homage to both Robert Kirkman's comic series and the show's pilot from 2010.
    Manwiller took to Instagram with a photo from the deleted scene which saw the adult versions of the young cast.
    They were posed during a break from filming as their characters looked to help out survivors down Atlanta's Freedom Parkway in a nod to a scene featuring Rick.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...11-axed-finale

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ^ much would have preferred that ending to the one we actually got tbh

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    A trio of images from the upcoming Walking Dead spin-off The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon have arrived online, giving the first look at a show that star Norman Reedus promises is going to be “epic”. The six episodes of The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon are expected to air on AMC sometime in 2023.

https://www.joblo.com/the-walking-dead-daryl-dixon-images/

The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon will find Reedus’s character Daryl meeting new characters and battling the dead in France. It was quite a surprise when it was announced that the show was going to take place France, and no one is more surprised by that setting than Daryl himself. AMC’s Dan McDermott has said that the show begins as Daryl “wakes up and finds himself somewhere on the European continent and tries to piece together what happened. How did he get here? How’s he going to get home?” Reedus also confirmed to Jimmy Kimmel that “Somehow I get put there, and I don’t go there on my own free will.“

Speaking with Entertainment Weekly after three weeks of filming, Reedus said, “Everybody that’s involved in it is really, really excited about what we’re doing. It’s so epic in scale, and the tone is so good and different, and moody. … There’s history in the story. There’s history in the walls around us. There’s history in the sound of it all. It’s a very different feel. It has the stuff that you want from the show, but it’s just picked up and put in a whole other dimension.“

Reedus added that making a Walking Dead show in France is “weird as shit, but that’s the story. People are speaking French around me, and part of my story is me trying to figure out, ‘Is this good or is this bad? Are we about to get into a fight or are we friends right now?’ I’m trying to read lips with the language that I don’t understand and I’m reading body language, I’m reading tone. I’m reading all sorts of things, and it’s confusing and I’m figuring it out. I figure out how to get out of it, and how do I get to the next step. It’s all part of the story. So is it weird? Yeah, it’s weird, but that’s the show we’re making. So it’s working really well.“

Reedus is joined in the cast of The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon by Clémence Poésy (Tenet) and Adam Nagaitis (The Terror).

Poésy is playing Isabelle, “a member of a progressive religious group, who joins forces with Daryl (Reedus) on a journey across France and finds herself confronting her dark past in Paris.”

The character Nagaitis is playing is Quinn, “a displaced Brit who has become powerful in post-apocalyptic Paris as a black marketeer and the owner of the Demimonde, a sexy underground nightclub.”

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Rick and Michonne show rumored to be ONE season of SIX fucking episodes.

Jesus wept. How in the fuck...

By the way, we STILL haven't watched the last few episodes of TWD.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Rick and Michonne show rumored to be ONE season of SIX fucking episodes.

Jesus wept. How in the fuck...

By the way, we STILL haven't watched the last few episodes of TWD.
    Watch that shit!

Yeah, I don't know how they can fit it all in 6 episodes; unless each one goes for 2.5 hours?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Watch that shit!

Yeah, I don't know how they can fit it all in 6 episodes; unless each one goes for 2.5 hours?
    I mean FUCK SAKE. I've also heard that "this show will conclude Rick's story."

That REALLY seriously implies that Rick will be killed, doesn't it?

That would mean that ALL. THAT. SHIT. (Helicopters, CRM in Fear, the PPP card, the fucking EXISTENCE of TWB, the huge army Michonne saw, the fucking teasers with each of the 3 shows in a ring, etc)
    lead to NOTHING.

Like, what in the fuck? No reunion with Morgan? Daryl? No CRM war?

SURELY the CRM takes Daryl...right?

I wanted this thing to end with a massive fucking dovetail of a blast...not a whimper.

One thing that gives me hope is that SO much has changed since they announced the movies.

PERHAPS R&M reunites R&M, and they go back to Alexandria, and Daryl/Maggie and Negan do THEIR thing for a couple years and Fear does Fear.for a bit.

And THEN, we finally get like Walking Dead: The Final Battle in 25 or something: like a nice full season or two of characters from all the shows fighting the CRM.

I hope to GOD the one season Rick thing isn't true. Say it ain't so, Andy!

I mean, I'd envisioned like, Rick and Michonne not even SEEING each other until the last scene of the first season, or even the SECOND season.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    https://ew.com/tv/walking-dead-dead-...ggie-new-york/

Lauren Cohan talks Maggie in New York on The Walking Dead: Dead City
    "Maggie's greatest weakness is definitely exploited." Ah, but what is that weakness?

All things considered, Maggie Rhee ended in a pretty good place at the conclusion of The Walking Dead. She saved her son. She saved the Commonwealth. She (kind of) forgave Negan for brutally murdering her husband. And she was back at the Hilltop.

Of course, nothing stays good for very long in the world of The Walking Dead, and it seems the good times will no longer be rolling when things pick back up in April on AMC's Maggie and Negan spin-off, The Walking Dead: Dead City. That's according to Maggie herself, Lauren Cohan.

"We end up picking up in New York at the bottom of a really unexpected mountain," Cohan tells EW, "where maybe things have gone well for a period of time, but we're back at this challenge, just like these challenges that always seem to keep cropping up."

Dead City will pick up a few years after the conclusion of the mothership series, and the question remains as to what happened in those unseen years that ultimately leads the dysfunctional duo north to New York City. Whatever it is, it's not good. "Nothing is through rose-colored glasses," says Cohan of the journey. "Because the thing that comes up, it's like, okay, so we overcame this obstacle of the Commonwealth and these things, that doesn't mean life is easy just because you quashed one enemy. And the enemy is this moving target. It's also the enemy within."

While Cohan will not reveal the specific event or incident that gets her and Negan back together in the Big Apple, she does mention the word "parenting" a few times in our chat, and also reveals that, "When we go into the new show, Maggie's greatest weakness is definitely exploited." Could that mean her son Hershel's safety is at risk? Then again, parenting is a pretty big deal, and Cohan also notes that "Sometimes it's not the big things that are the hard things, it's the little things. And those little things become very, very big things because they are our own blind spots, and they are our own greatest weakness."

Bottom line: Who knows what the hell she's talking about. But it's clear that the cease fire between Maggie and Negan that we saw on The Walking Dead finale may have… well, ceased. Jeffrey Dean Morgan told EW that Negan will be reverting to some of his old ways after being separated from the group, and Cohan teases that "It's going to be really, really hard for her to continue, even with the best intentions she had of letting Negan have his territory and her getting on with her life and finding the hope and trying to build this future."

It also sounds like the new, unfamiliar territory of a zombie-infested New York City will not help matters either: "She has to go through this new terrain of going into New York City. That's going to be really difficult and physically challenging."

Translation: Nothing is going to be easy for Maggie. But if there is one thing we have learned about the character after she lost her mother… and her stepmother… and her stepbrother… and her father… and her sister… and her husband… and too many friends to mention, it's that she possesses an incredible resilience in the face of unthinkable adversity. "It feels really important to me now with how we move forward with the story," says Cohan, "Because the reality of a life of extreme friction and challenge is that you need to keep moving forward."

That move forward begins in April on AMC.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...filming-update

The Walking Dead fans in meltdown over huge Rick and Michonne series filming update

The Walking Dead's upcoming Rick and Michonne spin-off series appears to finally have a filming date just a few weeks after the pair returned in the AMC series finale.

Rick Grimes (played by Andrew Lincoln) and Michonne (Danni Gurira) made their hotly-anticipated return to The Walking Dead universe in the AMC series finale earlier this year. Their comeback teed up a tantalising springboard to propel viewers into their own spin-off series as the TWD franchise expands despite the flagship drama ending. However, there had been very little word on when fans could expect to see ‘Richonne’ back on screens - until now.

The Rick and Michonne series has now received a reported start date for filming - less than a month after season 11 came to its bloody and explosive conclusion.

Filming is tipped to begin on January 6, 2023, in Atlanta, Georgia, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution [via The Walking Dead World - Twitter].

However, by February, production is reported to up sticks and head to New Jersey to continue the TWD fan-favourites' story.

While there’s still no news of an exact release date for the new episodes, especially with production yet underway, the latest update was enough to spark a frenzy among the TWD fandom.

Twitter user @Fairwinds10 replied to the report: “It's pretty cold in New Jersey in February, guess we will see some Snow Walkers.”

While @twd_sylvia made their excitement known: “Awesome news can’t wait,” followed by applause emojis.

Elsewhere, @TheAireaidLord excitedly typed their response: “YOOOOO. This is clutch.”

And the anticipation levels kept on rising, with @cinemilfs weighing in: “Getting richonne content soon!”

Meanwhile, @GrimeyWalker expressed: “This makes me happy! I want to watch this in 2023 and filming in early January is a good sign. I'm excited for the REAL ending to The Walking Dead!”

And @twdluvrr concurred: “it literally feels like yesterday they announced this spin off IM SO EXCITED #TWD.” (Sic)

Originally billed as a series of Rick Grimes-led movies, the now spin-off show has had plenty of hype surrounding it for a while.

And the final few moments of The Walking Dead only added to this as it showed Rick and Michonne alive and well, albeit still on very separate paths.

"I know you're back there. I know your brother is back there. Just as sure as I know he's out there. Somewhere," Michonne narrated in the final episode, presumably in a message to Judith (Cailey Fleming).

Before long, it became clear Rick was alive but clearly dishevelled and on an escape mission from the Civic Republic Cull Facility that fans had become familiar with from The Walking Dead: World Beyond.

Michonne wasn’t alone in trying to reach out to her other half or the family they left behind as Rick was shown also writing correspondence.

However, while Michonne ended the series on a one-woman, walker-killing warpath, Rick’s cliffhanger was a lot more perilous.

Rick was located by the CRM and forced to surrender, meaning fans are expecting him to be imprisoned once the spin-off gets underway.

"Consignee Grimes,” a voice from a helicopter overhead barked at Rick. “You have been located and are instructed to surrender.

“Remain in place with your hands up,” it added as Rick proceeded to do so with the skyline of Philadelphia sprawled beyond him.

With filming now reported to take place in Atlanta, fans will undoubtedly be eager to see what the fallout from TWD’s cliffhanger ending will be.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Video footage + images have leaked of Rick filming the new Rick/Michonne series. He's in his CRM jacket etc.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    June 18th!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    @ickyvicky - that thumbnail of Maggie in the video above looks so much like when Toni Collette silently screams in Hereditary.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Last edited by october_midnight; 07-21-2023 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Both last two posts are blank, lol. You were posting this, right?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)