Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Well, speaking of comic characters, why is it that Magna and Yumiko were so major in the comic but I feel like I barely know them in the show? They’ve given us virtually zero emotional investment in either of them. Hell, I feel closer to Princess and she was introduced way later than those two.

Actually, I feel even closer to that other guy that was getting jiggy with that one woman from Oceanside, purely because I first saw him in 2003 when he did one of his first acting gigs in Type O Negative’s I Don’t Wanna Be Me music video. And he’s had less screen time than Magna and Yumiko, lol.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 03-21-2022 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Whatever happened to this guy?

Was he killed off?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    ^ That’s who I’m talking about. He’s still at Oceanside AFAIK.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Whatever happened to this guy?

Was he killed off?
    Word, disciple.

And I feel you, @Erneuert . I love that dude.

If they decide to make Magna some big epic death, I ain't really gonna feel it much. They never really SOLD Magna to me. I mean, she's cool and pretty and such, but there's not much emotional connection.
    I WILL say that it seemed like a fuckton of her arc ended when she broke up with Yumiko. I'm actually surprised she's still around. She's definitely expendable at this point.

Of course, I'm often wrong about these things. I make predictions about shows and say "THIS can't happen because we know that..." or "THAT can't happen because the other thing hasn't happened," and then it's like, actually, no. TV can do whatever the fuck it wanna do.

And hell, Magna might BE the big death: suppose she gets a lot of screen time in, say, 15, and we're made to love her, and then she dies in 16.

In fact, SHE could take Dwight's comic death! SHE could be about to shoot Milton and get shot by...Carol? Who fucking knows?

And as much as I love Aaron and Gabriel, we're gonna need a BIG ass death for the end of part 2.

Oh so hey: man was asking how many episodes are left...I believe there are, holy shit, only 2 left in this part.

So fuck me. Magna just might BE the death in 16.

It could also be Ezekiel. Perhaps he refused the surgery.

They might be saving the hardcore shit (Aaron, Gabe, or Carol/Maggie/Negan) for part 3.

And then Fear starts on 4-27 I think.
    I noticed that the AMC ad said "stream episodes 9 and 10 on AMC Plus." on release date.
    So I'm wondering: are they changing shit up,.as far as release? Will we get 9 and 10 of fear, and then 11 the next week on plus?
    Or, is it a one time thing, the early access to an episode?
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-22-2022 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tense episode. Lance hiring that biatch to assassinate Maggie. Can’t wait for him to go.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Tense episode. Lance hiring that biatch to assassinate Maggie. Can’t wait for him to go.
    It was good for sure.

But I'm starting to worry just a LITTLE.
    There are NINE. FUCKING. EPISODES left, here.
    I'm starting to worry about TIME.

All of the Commonwealth revolt, the tide turning and our group taking over or whatever, whichever big character deaths that are coming, PLUS, bringing this thing to some acceptable conclusion:
    they gotta do.that in about 7 hours.

It sure doesn't look like it's happening in the NEXT episode.

That's why I feel like we could have done without the secret surgery bit, for instance. I get that it led to Ezekiel and Carol's sweet conversation, which might be setting up one of their deaths, but they could have had them, you know, just HAVE THAT TALK instead of spending so much time getting to it.

Also, isn't that the second "surprise, it's Leah" ending in a row?
    :/

Anyway, Gabe and Aaron are so fucking badass. I'm back to thinking they're gonna be two of the big deaths: maybe THE ONLY two.

That brings me to another fear: we need to lose some people in this thing.

What I want is a decent ending, AND a good, but optional, continuation, in the form of the movies and new series.

But what if the flagship show gets to number 24, shit is NOT resolved, almost everyone is still alive, and it's like "FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IN THE STUNNING TWO YEAR LONG CONCLUSION, SPREAD ACROSS TWO SPINOFFS, STARTING NEXT YEAR!"

And then...suppose the continuation spinoffs aren't GOOD.

So yeah. Damn fine episode. Loved the tension, the romance, the badassery of Maggie, Gabriel and Aaron, all that shit.

And surely, SURELY my fears are unfounded.
    I have realized over time that my "this can't happen because of THAT, and there isn't time for the other thing because the third thing has to happen first, and PLUS, remember that one character said that ONE thing, so it's impossible for..." way of trying to predict these things is just nonsense, because it isn't fucking REAL, and ANYTHING can happen.

Hopefully there's exactly enough time as there needs to be, and we see Rick at the CRM in the epilogue.

And then, they announce movie, and spinoff(s) weave in and out of movie for like 3 years or whatever, and everything is badass.

Edit: death prediction for 8 is Daryl and Leah fuck and make up, and then Daryl has to kill her when he figures out that she's gonna kill maggie.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-28-2022 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    That last scene was pretty ominous. Are they going to massacre Oceanside depending on the coin flip?

Very No Country For Old Men vibes.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Finally caught up to episode 15.

Fun to see some tense action again with the Commonwealth, and great to see Toby. He was also great in Ozark - same type of character.
    I also loved seeing Mercer kill the two soldiers. I hope Daryl gets to knock out the rich son soon.

About how old is Herchel Jr. now? I'm kinda of surprised Maggie already told him the whole truth about Negan - isn't he a little too young to really understand?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Now up to episode 16.

Loved seeing Maggie and Daryl gang up on Lance after trying to talk to Herchel.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Isle of the Dead" is filming about 20 mins away from my house. It stars Negan and Maggie trapped in Manhattan...that sounds awesome!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    "Isle of the Dead" is filming about 20 mins away from my house. It stars Negan and Maggie trapped in Manhattan...that sounds awesome!
    So holy shit, it's REAL?

Me and the Mrs have been thinking that surely, SURELY, there's gotta be SOME fuckery going on with at least ONE of those shows (Daryl/Carol and Maggie/Negan.)

If there IS, it'd be a bold maneuver, unprecedented in TV history, and might piss some people off.

But if there ISN'T, well, then...our four main characters are safe, and we KNOW this going in to the final run?

So Aaron and Gabriel are the big deaths. Period.
    Maybe an Ezekiel or a Eugene, Rosita, Gracie perhaps.

As much as I dug the new episode, I was a TINY bit bummed out when I 100% predicted that Daryl killing Leah would be the big moment.

Except it wasn't that big. I KIND of wish there had never BEEN any Leah/Reapers. I had no emotional connection to Leah. I didn't really like or dislike her. Daryl didn't seem to, either. He just shot her and said "c'mone" or whatever.

All of that aside, I AM excited going into the final eight. Commonwealth taking Alexandria and Hilltop like that, and ostensibly slaughtering Oceanside: I'm pretty sure THAT ain't in the damn book.

ALSO, I have a new prediction for dwighty boy's comic death.

So here it is. Newspaper comes out and MAGNA goes to shoot Pamela Milton, but YUMIKO, who is living the good life, shoots Magna first.

All this happens before Daryl and Lance and everyone gets back.

What you guys think? @Erneuert @ickyvicky @ItsChrisRoss

Edit: I should have started a fucking walking dead YouTube channel years ago. Like the dude Forrest Day on Movieidol: he just yammers about his own theories and ideas, PRETTY much unscripted, and they pay him money for it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So holy shit, it's REAL?

Me and the Mrs have been thinking that surely, SURELY, there's gotta be SOME fuckery going on with at least ONE of those shows (Daryl/Carol and Maggie/Negan.)

If there IS, it'd be a bold maneuver, unprecedented in TV history, and might piss some people off.

But if there ISN'T, well, then...our four main characters are safe, and we KNOW this going in to the final run?

So Aaron and Gabriel are the big deaths. Period.
    Maybe an Ezekiel or a Eugene, Rosita, Gracie perhaps.

As much as I dug the new episode, I was a TINY bit bummed out when I 100% predicted that Daryl killing Leah would be the big moment.

Except it wasn't that big. I KIND of wish there had never BEEN any Leah/Reapers. I had no emotional connection to Leah. I didn't really like or dislike her. Daryl didn't seem to, either. He just shot her and said "c'mone" or whatever.

All of that aside, I AM excited going into the final eight. Commonwealth taking Alexandria and Hilltop like that, and ostensibly slaughtering Oceanside: I'm pretty sure THAT ain't in the damn book.

ALSO, I have a new prediction for dwighty boy's comic death.

So here it is. Newspaper comes out and MAGNA goes to shoot Pamela Milton, but YUMIKO, who is living the good life, shoots Magna first.

All this happens before Daryl and Lance and everyone gets back.

What you guys think? @Erneuert @ickyvicky @ItsChrisRoss
    @elevenism - you just spoiled it for me I’m not as far as you and am not on the episode where Daryl kills Leah yet - all good - no worries!

I need to watch the next one in order to give you a good “here’s what I think”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    @elevenism - you just spoiled it for me I’m not as far as you and am not on the episode where Daryl kills Leah yet - all good - no worries!

I need to watch the next one in order to give you a good “here’s what I think”.

Oh fuck bro. I'm sorry.

The name of the thread IS Walking Dead (SPOILERS), unfortunately.

This is why I don't come in here until I'm caught up. Or if I do, I avert my gaze from the spoilery bits.

I sure wasn't trying to spoil it for you,.though.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Oh fuck bro. I'm sorry.

The name of the thread IS Walking Dead (SPOILERS), unfortunately.

This is why I don't come in here until I'm caught up. Or if I do, I avert my gaze from the spoilery bits.

I sure wasn't trying to spoil it for you,.though.
    Haha I know - I really don’t mind but I can’t give you a good opinion on the ep yet until this weekend. Will do it then!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    lol @Erneuert "and she is...awesome."

I might have to get a TWD avatar and catch phrase for this final run.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Daryl and that revolver…

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Daryl and that revolver…

Good catch! But I guess I’m confused now - didn’t Judith have the revolver? The trailer looks like Darryl found it, but I could have sworn Judith had had it all along.

Also, possibly silly question - has no one asked Judith or anyone else where Michonne went or what happened to her?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I liked the ending showing the Commonwealth taking over with their banners. I hope everyone’s got their shittin’ pants on ;-)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I made a new thread for Dead In The Water.

Do we make another one for Tales of TWD as well?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @thelastdisciple @ickyvicky @ItsChrisRoss @versusreality

Are you guys down to create a TWD avatar and quote thing, like me and @Erneuert did, for the final season?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    @thelastdisciple @ickyvicky @ItsChrisRoss @versusreality

Are you guys down to create a TWD avatar and quote thing, like me and @Erneuert did, for the final season?
    I’m not sure what you mean - like an avatar for us to use on here? Haha you’ll have to explain- I’m a novice at most things on here.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @elevenism

I think I'm good, I'm not at the same level of exuberance as you guys are for this show haha my "superfan" days probably peaked and started to decline a while ago. At this point I'm just watching to see how everything ends and similarly with FEAR, although i think I'm more into the latter show lately anyways.

If there's a Daryl spin-off i MIGHT partake but anything else I don't think is going to draw me in unless i am feeling very curious and hear good things.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    @elevenism

I think I'm good, I'm not at the same level of exuberance as you guys are for this show haha my "superfan" days probably peaked and started to decline a while ago. At this point I'm just watching to see how everything ends and similarly with FEAR, although i think I'm more into the latter show lately anyways.

If there's a Daryl spin-off i MIGHT partake but anything else I don't think is going to draw me in unless i am feeling very curious and hear good things.
    You’re just making excuses to keep NIN boob lady. lol

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I mean you're not wrong.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I 100% believe that FTWD had a ghost showrunner for season 6.

How did it go from "the single worst season of television i've ever seen in S05," to "Holy shit this is better than the main show."

And i swear to god, i think they're slowly returning power to the original show runners.

7A was ALRIGHT, and episodes 7 and 8 were epic, but you can't tell me Strand in the military costume with his magic tower wasn't a LITtle sketchy :P

All i'm saying is temper your expectations.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Also, I don't think that "Stephanie" is Stephanie. Remember the girl getting Milton's ice cream order? I think that's the REAL Stephanie.

Actually, i'm 99% sure, because we found out who plays Stephanie LAST YEAR.

It's Margot Bingham, of Boardwalk Empire fame, and, uh, she isn't a pasty white lady.

So unless there's some fuckery going on with casting, then, we know for SURE that the lady who set Eugene up or whatever that was, isn't Stephanie.
    I’m clearly late to the party, but you definitely called this one early!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Did that Stephanie switcharoo thing happen in the comics too or just the show?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've been mostly MIA from this thread because I have been trying to avoid spoilers or even discussions on the show. I want to be as blind as possible while watching this last season to soak it all in.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like the Daryl/Carol spinoff planned by AMC will now just focus on Daryl, as Melissa McBride has decided to back out.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Oh wow. They should just scrap the whole thing then.