Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41
Results 1,201 to 1,224 of 1224

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Decent premiere, what's with the jumping around to different points in time though? i wish the show would shy away from that sort of thing and just stick to keeping things fairly linear.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I didnít like the premiere. So many plot holes in their ambush. Why are you shooting at windows? Shoot at negan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I didn’t like the premiere. So many plot holes in their ambush. Why are you shooting at windows?
    I was wondering about that, i thought maybe they were trying to hit something explosive inside the building but yeah that was kinda silly.

All that ammunition wasted and for what? Intimidation? pfft.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I thought it was pretty good considering the dreck this shitty show gives us sometimes. I have heard from a good friend who reads leaks also that the mid-season finale is a debacle though, so I'm not too confident as usual.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Yep, my friend was right. What a pointless, padded, nonsensical episode. The mental gymnastics one has to go through are insane to justify why the Saviors didn't kill multiple characters in this episode, nevermind the many prior that we've seen. Part. in that highway seen with Maggie & the Hilltop crew. That was the most aggregious.

No explanation on how Negan and apparently still dozens upon dozens of Saviors got out of the Sanctuary after the garbage truck was drove into the building. They're just out. Uuugghh!

And that final "twist"...lol. JUST STOP IT. They're doing that same unnecessary cliffhanger thing that angered everyone last year. But I guess the sheep will still stick by the show and defend it to the end.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 12-11-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    I could hardly see what was going on in the mid-season finale because it was too damn dark!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I had hope after last season that this show was finally getting good again. That hope was squashed after that mid season finale.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I donít think I like the show anymore. This season was so boring and I had to force myself to watch. I feel like Iíve slept thru most of the episodes this season. Iím not really into gun battle so those first few were snoozers to me. I really want to watch til the end because Iíve watched it this far.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I didn’t like the premiere. So many plot holes in their ambush. Why are you shooting at windows? Shoot at negan.

Could have easily put a bullet between his eyes. Morgan being a pro sniper as well as a staff master.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    I stopped watching this show in the middle of season 3. The writing is terrible. I tried watching some of last season and it somehow gotten even worse.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    That could have been 30 minutes total including commercials. Good to see they are completely ignoring every complaint about this show and just driving straight ahead stubbornly with the same old same old despite the critiques being loud & clear, and the numbers being down as well.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-27-2018 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I tuned in on the second showing using it more as background noise with small increments of tuning in here and there. Happy I was not invested into this because it is a big snooze fest at this point. The climax to me felt very disconnected between Rick, Michonne, and Carl, which I thought would be a stronger part of the episode. I roll my eyes at this point with this show.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I tuned in on the second showing using it more as background noise with small increments of tuning in here and there. Happy I was not invested into this because it is a big snooze fest at this point. The climax to me felt very disconnected between Rick, Michonne, and Carl, which I thought would be a stronger part of the episode. I roll my eyes at this point with this show.
    Agreed. I do dishes, read this board, read my Seton Hall basketball board, do laundry...anything but actually sit down and fully invest in this bullshit. I just keep up with it b/c I'm such a fan of the comic, which amazingly is still SO good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Agreed. I do dishes, read this board, read my Seton Hall basketball board, do laundry...anything but actually sit down and fully invest in this bullshit. I just keep up with it b/c I'm such a fan of the comic, which amazingly is still SO good.
    hah, I live in Bayonne too. I saw Seaton Hall and thought "this person's from Jersey" and then saw the location. awesome.

I haven't watched the mid-season premiere yet. Partly because I'm dealing with the death of my grandmother so it's a bit too emotional for me right now to see someone die (even on a TV show) , and also because I've severely lost interest over the last couple years, comics included.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    hah, I live in Bayonne too. I saw Seaton Hall and thought "this person's from Jersey" and then saw the location. awesome.

I haven't watched the mid-season premiere yet. Partly because I'm dealing with the death of my grandmother so it's a bit too emotional for me right now to see someone die (even on a TV show) , and also because I've severely lost interest over the last couple years, comics included.
    Sorry to hear that brother (sister?). Welcome to ETS. You will find no better board in the inter-tubes. GO PIRATES...got a big one tomorrow at home against Nova.

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    I think they fucked up pretty bad.
    The only way to fix this is a time jump with an older Judith.

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    I still really like this show and I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how this season ends, and also the premiere of FTWD.

The finale of season 8 and the premiere of the new FTWD are going to be shown back to back in theaters and I think we might drive down to Amarillo and see it.

The problems with this show, aside from the cliffhanger bullshit: I would argue that they've always been there. Season 2 was boring as shit. Some of the arcs in the early seasons were repetitive. The show has ALWAYS been hit and miss; I just think that people are getting tired of it. But I don't think it's getting WORSE.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think I would've stuck more with this show if it went to another network, like HBO, or somewhere it could've really stretched its wings and exercised more of its potential. AMC is fine, but...cable network, tho.

One of these days I'll pick up with season 7 again, but the urge hasn't hit me yet. I will admit, it's good to keep hearing "oh shit that episode was actually pretty good" once in a while because when this show DOES hit, it knocks it out of the park. Those moments were just getting to be fewer and further between for me and I stopped trying to keep up weekly.

Not to mention the mild pop-cultural zombie fatigue, heh...

Side note: All the "TUNE IN BETWEEN 8 and 9 PM FOR A CODE TO WIN A SHIRT OR CAR OR SUBWAY FOR A YEAR OR WHATEVER" shit is a HUGE immersion-shattering deal breaker for me. What part of "The Walking Dead" screams "promo codes?"
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-19-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Well hot damn.
    That season finale had some serious emotional weight.
    I have a funny feeling that it maybe should have been the SERIES finale.
    But yeah, that was fucking great.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Andrew Lincoln to exit the show in the next season.

edit: Apparently he's only going to be in the first six episodes.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-29-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Maggie is leaving too.

My hope is that Daryl rides off on his motorcycle and begins a new sort of adventure.
    THAT might work.

What WON'T work is the show continuing as it is, with Darryl taking rick's place.

I'm still really into TWD: in fact, I'm wearing a TWD shirt and watching the new FTWD.

FTWD, by the way, got a facelift and is really going strong now. It feels like a new show.

I hope they do the same for TWD. The end of 8 felt like a series finale to me and I'm hoping that, in a way, it was.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Also, not surprising, but Andrew Lincoln confirmed at SDCC that this will indeed be his last season.