Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I had hope after last season that this show was finally getting good again. That hope was squashed after that mid season finale.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I don’t think I like the show anymore. This season was so boring and I had to force myself to watch. I feel like I’ve slept thru most of the episodes this season. I’m not really into gun battle so those first few were snoozers to me. I really want to watch til the end because I’ve watched it this far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I didn’t like the premiere. So many plot holes in their ambush. Why are you shooting at windows? Shoot at negan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could have easily put a bullet between his eyes. Morgan being a pro sniper as well as a staff master.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I stopped watching this show in the middle of season 3. The writing is terrible. I tried watching some of last season and it somehow gotten even worse.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That could have been 30 minutes total including commercials. Good to see they are completely ignoring every complaint about this show and just driving straight ahead stubbornly with the same old same old despite the critiques being loud & clear, and the numbers being down as well.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-27-2018 at 01:14 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I tuned in on the second showing using it more as background noise with small increments of tuning in here and there. Happy I was not invested into this because it is a big snooze fest at this point. The climax to me felt very disconnected between Rick, Michonne, and Carl, which I thought would be a stronger part of the episode. I roll my eyes at this point with this show.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I tuned in on the second showing using it more as background noise with small increments of tuning in here and there. Happy I was not invested into this because it is a big snooze fest at this point. The climax to me felt very disconnected between Rick, Michonne, and Carl, which I thought would be a stronger part of the episode. I roll my eyes at this point with this show.
    Agreed. I do dishes, read this board, read my Seton Hall basketball board, do laundry...anything but actually sit down and fully invest in this bullshit. I just keep up with it b/c I'm such a fan of the comic, which amazingly is still SO good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Agreed. I do dishes, read this board, read my Seton Hall basketball board, do laundry...anything but actually sit down and fully invest in this bullshit. I just keep up with it b/c I'm such a fan of the comic, which amazingly is still SO good.
    hah, I live in Bayonne too. I saw Seaton Hall and thought "this person's from Jersey" and then saw the location. awesome.

I haven't watched the mid-season premiere yet. Partly because I'm dealing with the death of my grandmother so it's a bit too emotional for me right now to see someone die (even on a TV show) , and also because I've severely lost interest over the last couple years, comics included.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    hah, I live in Bayonne too. I saw Seaton Hall and thought "this person's from Jersey" and then saw the location. awesome.

I haven't watched the mid-season premiere yet. Partly because I'm dealing with the death of my grandmother so it's a bit too emotional for me right now to see someone die (even on a TV show) , and also because I've severely lost interest over the last couple years, comics included.
    Sorry to hear that brother (sister?). Welcome to ETS. You will find no better board in the inter-tubes. GO PIRATES...got a big one tomorrow at home against Nova.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I think they fucked up pretty bad.
    The only way to fix this is a time jump with an older Judith.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I still really like this show and I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how this season ends, and also the premiere of FTWD.

The finale of season 8 and the premiere of the new FTWD are going to be shown back to back in theaters and I think we might drive down to Amarillo and see it.

The problems with this show, aside from the cliffhanger bullshit: I would argue that they've always been there. Season 2 was boring as shit. Some of the arcs in the early seasons were repetitive. The show has ALWAYS been hit and miss; I just think that people are getting tired of it. But I don't think it's getting WORSE.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think I would've stuck more with this show if it went to another network, like HBO, or somewhere it could've really stretched its wings and exercised more of its potential. AMC is fine, but...cable network, tho.

One of these days I'll pick up with season 7 again, but the urge hasn't hit me yet. I will admit, it's good to keep hearing "oh shit that episode was actually pretty good" once in a while because when this show DOES hit, it knocks it out of the park. Those moments were just getting to be fewer and further between for me and I stopped trying to keep up weekly.

Not to mention the mild pop-cultural zombie fatigue, heh...

Side note: All the "TUNE IN BETWEEN 8 and 9 PM FOR A CODE TO WIN A SHIRT OR CAR OR SUBWAY FOR A YEAR OR WHATEVER" shit is a HUGE immersion-shattering deal breaker for me. What part of "The Walking Dead" screams "promo codes?"
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-19-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Well hot damn.
    That season finale had some serious emotional weight.
    I have a funny feeling that it maybe should have been the SERIES finale.
    But yeah, that was fucking great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Andrew Lincoln to exit the show in the next season.

edit: Apparently he's only going to be in the first six episodes.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-29-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Maggie is leaving too.

My hope is that Daryl rides off on his motorcycle and begins a new sort of adventure.
    THAT might work.

What WON'T work is the show continuing as it is, with Darryl taking rick's place.

I'm still really into TWD: in fact, I'm wearing a TWD shirt and watching the new FTWD.

FTWD, by the way, got a facelift and is really going strong now. It feels like a new show.

I hope they do the same for TWD. The end of 8 felt like a series finale to me and I'm hoping that, in a way, it was.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Also, not surprising, but Andrew Lincoln confirmed at SDCC that this will indeed be his last season.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So I was pretty impressed with the season premiere.

I don't know how the hell this show works without Rick, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how they handle it.

I'm cautiously optimistic, especially because FTWD started out great this year before going just utterly fucking sideways.

But I will say this: that premiere was one of the best episodes in YEARS.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Why was it good?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I thought the premiere was alright, a little slow, but at least someone finally died. I can't believe they just popped out Little Glenn without showing Maggie really going through the pregnancy.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Why was it good?
    did you watch it?
    It LOOKS a whole hell of a lot better than it has in a long time.
    The dialogue and writing are better.
    The focus is back on the main characters.

But, most of all, the show is moving into new territory. It had already gotten repetitive as fuck. Then, the whole All Out War thing was about a fucking YEAR too long.

Now, we have a new story that's interesting. I have no idea what's going to happen next. I've heard about the whisperers, but keep in mind, I've never read the comics.

There was a 1.5 year time jump. The whole thing feels fresh again: fresher than it has in a few years, imho.

Now, that being said, there's PLENTY of room for it to go sideways. But if they can manage to keep this level of quality and do Andy Lincoln's exit right, this could be the season I've been waiting for.

It feels almost like a reboot. It DEFINITELY feels like the season 8 finale was the end of an era (I think I said a few posts back, when it aired, that it should have been the end of the series.)

And I'm thinking that, in a way, it was.

This is going to be a whole new thing going forward.

Whether or not it works with no Rick is anyone's guess. It COULD, but it's going to be pretty much a different show.

I have a feeling they knew Andrew Lincoln was going to leave, which is why they unceremoniously killed Coral. I think pseudo new show/reboot is what they're shooting for.

But yeah: better writing and cinematography and fresh story.

Will it work going forward? Maaaaybe? I'm putting my money on no.

But it's POSSIBLE, and I have hope.

I still like this show. It's dark as fuck and I dig that. I want it to continue and I want it to be decent.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    What's up with that helicopter?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Still feel like it’s plodding on a bit, and wtf with Jadis and Gabriel?!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Gabriel looks even more creepy with that blind eye

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Still feel like it’s plodding on a bit, and wtf with Jadis and Gabriel?!
    I don't trust Jadis, like, at all.
    @ickyvicky I think she's involved in some sort of dirty dealings with whomever is in the helicopter.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @elevenism I think so too.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Gabriel looks even more creepy with that blind eye
    You guys know I'm kind of a theology nut. So, okay, there's a kind of obscure verse in, Zechariah, I think, that some have interpreted to mean that the antichrist is blind in one eye.

So I wonder if that was part of the decision for father Gabriel's one eye look.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I don't like how they're saying "Only 2 episodes of Rick left!"

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    These past five episodes have been fucking GREAT. I'm loving this show again.