Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Aren't "mix CDs" for running purposes like so ten years ago now?
    I guess Spotify was having a rough post apocalyptic day...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Aren't "mix CDs" for running purposes like so ten years ago now?
    Best I can come up with is this: They have enough energy for there to be an operating treadmill, and there's a CD player kept in the same room for people to listen to when they work out. Meh? Oh well. It's weird that seeing a mix CD makes me feel SO OLD.

Oh, and officially making "Somewhat Damaged" the opening song on my run mix.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-24-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Let's list who we personally want to see die in the season finale!

For me:

- Sasha
    - Glenn (wanted him gone for ages now, he just irks me)
    - All of the people from Alexandria, apart from Jessie and any innocent people and kids
    - Father Gabriel, aka Judas
    - Tara, sick of her character now and she was partly responsible for Hershel dying

That's about it really. For some reason I've grown fond of the Abraham / Eugene / Rosita trio.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That's about it really. For some reason I've grown fond of the Abraham / Eugene / Rosita trio.
    These characters are like something ripped straight from a Stephen King book. Especially Eugene.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    You're in for some rough viewing ahead, partner..
    How so? In a good or bad way?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well, the showrunner is following the comic book pretty much to a T these days, Spoiler: and if those are the ones you're hoping will die soon...
    Which ones will die soon according to the comics? I don't mind comic spoilers!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Sextastic!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    SPOILER ALERT!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    God damnit Jim Carrey!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Rumored season finale spoiler incoming

Spoiler:
    Morgan wakes up in a car. He makes some porridge-type food by a fire. An armed man (Benedict Samuel) walks over and points a gun at him. Morgan asks what the W on his head means. He explains the backstory about the wolves. He says "you know the first settlers here, put bounties on wolves heads, brought the natives into it, made them hunt them. Didn't take them to long to kill them all (points to the W on his forehead) they're back now."
    After threatening to take Morgan and kill him, Morgan takes him out ninja style with his hiking stick along with a second Wolves member (Jesse C. Boyd) who jumps out of some bushes. Morgan ties them up and puts them in the car. He sounds the horn and walks off.
    Rick wakes up to Michonne watching him. She says that Pete is in another house. Carol, Glenn and Abe enter. Carol butts in and asks why Rick took the guns (hiding the fact she was involved). Carol tells Rick that he should tell a story the town wants to hear (that he will follow their rules) at the meeting later. Carol says that's what she's been doing since they got there. Michonne asks why. Carol replies, “Because these people are children and children like stories.” Rick engineers a plan to reinstate the Ricktatorship and hold Deanna’s family at knife point so they can take the armory.
    Maggie tries to persuade Deanna to change her mind about Rick. Reg backs Maggie up.
    Sasha buries some walkers and takes a nap in the grave, because why sleep in a warm bed when you can sleep in a cozy grave of death?
    Carol wakes Rick and gives him back his gun. She didn't tell the others about the guns just in case they didn't understand. Rick says he does not want to lie. Carol says, “You want this place and you don't want to lie. Sunshine, you don't get both.” Carol keeps it real.
    Daryl and Aaron watch a guy in a red poncho from afar. Recruiter spy mode activated.
    Nicholas watches Glenn while acting suspicious. Maggie comes over to chat about working everything out.
    Glenn sees Nicholas climb the walls.
    Father G leaves the community unarmed.
    Daryl and Aaron lose red poncho guy, but find a food warehouse. Daryl opens a truck, which triggers a trap opening three other truck doors. It releases a hundred or so walkers. There are torsos hanging inside on hooks. Daryl wins zombie kill of the year after beheading three walkers with a rusty chain in one swing. They both take refuge in a car, surrounded by walkers pounding on the window. Inside is a note saying, “Trap, bad people coming. Don't stay.”
    Carol visits Pete in an effort to get him to check on Tara. She brings Pete some food and holds a knife to his throat after he tells her to get out. Carol continues to keep it real.
    Glenn follows Nicholas through the forest. After pausing to look at a dead walker, Glenn is shot in the shoulder and rolls down a slope.
    Rick checks up on Jessie. Pete sees them both from his 'house prison'.
    Daryl formulates a plan to fight his way through the crowd to give Aaron a chance to run. Before they head out, our hero Morgan shows up like a boss and helps them both to a safe distance. Aaron tells him about the ASZ. Morgan says he is going somewhere else but is lost and pulls out a map. Daryl shows him where they are on the map. He sees the note, “Sorry I was an *beep* come to Washington. The new world’s gonna need Rick grimes.” Daryl looks at Morgan, but does not acknowledge the note.
    Father Gabriel finds a walker and is ready to die by its dirty dead hands. He notices a noose around the walker’s head. He changes his mind and then uses the noose to rip the walker’s head off. He cries in the middle of the road.
    Abraham visits a bed-bound, unconscious Tara. Rosita and Eugene are there too.
    Abraham and Eugene both apologize to each other for what happened in the past.
    Gabriel returns and Spencer asks him to shut the gate. Gabriel barely even makes the effort to close it and walks off, leaving it unlocked.
    Nicholas and Glenn fight, leaving Glenn stuck under a pile of walkers.
    Michonne asks Rick if he is ready (for the meeting). He explains to Michonne how they took the guns and attempts to give his piece to Michonne. She pushes his hand away and lets him keep it. She explains that she's not against Rick and will follow him however it all pans out.
    Rick, while in his room, recounts an old conversation with Bob: (Rick’s voice) 'This is the real world Bob.' Bob replies, 'No this is a nightmare, and nightmares end.'
    Rick finds the gate open and some blood on the lock as well as some on the ground. He locks it and runs off.
    Gabe returns to his church to find Sasha waiting for him. She wants to talk about what she is going through.
    The meeting is starting without Rick and Glenn. Deanna talks about how Rick took the pistol and pointed it at people.
    Nicholas is navigating the forest while Rick is searching the community. It's now night time. (Sunset came rather quickly.)
    Gabe refuses to console Sasha and very nastily talks about how Bob was dismembered causing Sasha to scream at him and pin him to a wall. Father Dick is full of fail.
    Deanna, Abraham, Maggie, Michonne and Carol say their piece to the town about Rick. Meanwhile, Gabe is wrestling Sasha's rifle out of her hands. Rick is fighting off three walkers in the town and Glenn is beating up Nicholas.
    Two members of the Wolves bring red poncho guy to the trap that Daryl and Aaron escaped from earlier. They slit red Poncho’s throat and reset the trap using music (to get the walkers back in the trucks).
    Glenn points a gun to Nicholas' head, but spares his life.
    Back at the meeting, Tobin is defending Deanna when Rick walks in with a walker corpse. He throws it on the ground.
    Sasha is pointing her gun at Gabriel, who is stopped by Maggie. He shouts that she should have let Sasha shoot him because everyone died because of him.
    Rick explains how the walker got in through an open gate and that the dead and living will always find a way in. He says, “The ones out there will hunt us and find us. You need to change now.” While he is saying this speech, we see Glenn carry Nicholas away, Carl with Judith at home, Maggie, Sasha and Gabe praying together, Tara waking up, and a Wolves member going through Aaron's photos of the ASZ.
    A wild-looking Pete appears wielding Michonne’s katana and shouts "You're not one of us!" He pushes Reg out the way, slitting his throat by accident. Abe pins Pete down. Deanna hysterically holding a dying Reg says, "Rick, do it." Without hesitation, Rick executes Pete. Goodbye, porch dick.
    A familiar face calls Rick's name. Rick looks up to see Aaron, Daryl and Morgan standing there.

Morgan and Rick share an intimate eye fuck.

-Screen to black-
    Last edited by tony.parente; 03-29-2015 at 06:03 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Not sure if this is Tony's spoiler or not but
    Spoiler: http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/03/oh-s-no...nta-area-home/

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Spoiler is legit, that sucks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Spoiler is legit, that sucks.
    Straight up. I'm glad I stopped myself after reading the first line. Good episode! This was probably one of my favorites, as far as finales are concerned.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Straight up. I'm glad I stopped myself after reading the first line. Good episode! This was probably one of my favorites, as far as finales are concerned.
    Seriously? This was probably the worst finale. You can literally sum up the ENTIRE 90 MINUTE SHOW with one sentence: Spoiler: Morgan shows up, pete accidentally slices Regs throat on accident.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Why the fuck did Glenn help that asshole?!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Why the fuck did Glenn help that asshole?!
    Glenn should've murdered that fuckface. Even after he got shot by this guy, he still wouldn't kill him.

The finale being 90 minutes is for advertising. The story was in no way enhanced by being longer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Seriously? This was probably the worst finale. [/spoiler]
    I am on the same boat. I just did not feel this episode at all, there was some good stuff about it but overall my brother and I just did not like it. We both agreed this might have been the weakest season finale of this show so far.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "I almost killed you!"

"...Yes, there's that."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I feel like I should backpedal a little. The finale was one of my personal favorites, but that's not the same as me saying it was the best one, ya know? What makes me like it so much is that after the last couple episodes, where we are now in the show is so far gone from where everything started, that I feel like the group we've seen throughout the show so far has completely and irreversibly changed from who they were, and are now completely capable of taking care of their own shit. Most of the fat's been trimmed from the original group. I love it, and I know it wasn't the best written or most action-packed finale by a long shot (I'll be the first to admit that), but I enjoyed it! If I had to review it objectively, it'd probably be less favorable, but it wasn't a bad episode. I thought it hit a great stopping point before the next season, too. Plenty of time ahead to ease into meeting Negan and all that fun stuff.

Anyone know anything about Fear The Walking Dead? Thoughts on whether it'll be worth watching?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've read breakdowns, but am about to watch the episode!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Nicholas and Gabriel... wtf, can they just get their insides ripped out already? Glenn dropped the ball on that one, but I can see why he didn't kill him as well. The finale was ok... it meandered for awhile, but it was very refreshing to hear Deanna give Rick the go-ahead.

But Carol... oh Carol. I'm in love.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Glenn dropped the ball on that one, but I can see why he didn't kill him as well.
    Glenn has never killed a single living person in the history of the show. Something to keep in mind.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Glenn has never killed a single living person in the history of the show. Something to keep in mind.
    This is true but when some reckless dick face tries to shoot you, it might be time to make a change.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Every time I wanna come into this thread, I wanna say SO MANY THINGS.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    shot for shot Dawn of the Dead replication in the finale:

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    They have been referencing the comics very well in the last few episodes. Check out these 4 pages from the comic: http://imgur.com/a/KGXoJ. If you saw the finale, there are no spoilers. The only difference here is that the gender of Deanna and Reg are flipped.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Anyone know anything about Fear The Walking Dead? Thoughts on whether it'll be worth watching?
    All I know is that it'll be set in LA, which is a great place to have a zombie apocalypse. I actually hoped for that way back before anything was announced:
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    I would like to see it in LA, like 28 Days Later with chaos tearing up Burbank and Downtown. Living here, when you get stuck in traffic on the 405 sometimes you just want to see society hit the reset button and go primal.
    Robert Kirkman is directly involved in its creation so maybe it'll have more of the tone of the comics(its not a direct adaptation, but I'm just referring to the tone). That name, though...its not great.

As for the finale, I think its alright. I don't expect this show to be razor sharp as I used to, comparing it to the comics and such. It is what it is, and I find it entertaining, but I'm not expecting it to be Breaking Bad-level television or anything. Its settled into its pace at this point, and I doubt that it'll change.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I like the title, especially if the show ends up getting referred to as "Fear" alone.

Having Somewhat Damaged on the previous episode was a nice surprise. It got me thinking that "No, you don't" would've been perhaps an even better choice.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Crumbs, I just realised the finale was the finale!. Glenn should have killed that asshole!.