Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    it's all good but where the hell are those Rick movies announced years ago?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The Walking Dead to officially end after 'super-sized' 11th season. Fret not however, at the same time as announcing that...AMC has announced that

2023 will see a TWD spinoff starring Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride as Daryl & Carol.

Oh, also another anthology series 'Tales of The Walking Dead'.
    Ugh, I'm so glad. The show has basically become a spinoff of itself at this point, so I'm really ready for it to come to an end.

More Daryl/Carol and the Rick movies will keep me interested, but I'll probably pass on any other TWD universe stuff.

Also, I guess that's confirmation that Daryl and Carol will survive the series. I'm always surprised that revealing that a character dies is always seen as a massive spoiler, but revealing a character survives is totally fine.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was kind of hoping this whole thing would come together soon, and the Rick movies would sort of tie everything up.

Still, we won't be watching the final episodes of the main show till fall of 2022, right?

Then, the first movie will drop.

But yeah, these episodes will be special to those of us who still dig it.

Seasons 9 and 10 have been SO fucking good.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-10-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Also,

A. A Daryl/Carol spinoff is more of another reboot, than anything. I'd argue that we already HAD a bit of a reboot in season 9, when Rick left, and, Angela Kang took over as showrunner.
    Rick and Coral are gone. Michonne is gone. Out of Ezekiel, Eugene, Rosita, Aaron...well, surely, some of them were gonna die anyway.
    So, the D&C show will PROBABLY feel like another, or, continued, soft reboot.
    And Kang is co-creating this 2023 series. So, Reedus and McBride...McBride and the Ride, if you will, take off on a motorcycle for...New Mexico, perhaps? They (the characters) discussed doing that, early in season 10. AND, Miss Kang, aka the Savior of The Walking Dead is the showrunner? Sign me the fuck up. Also, surely they take RJ and Judith with them, unless they're left in Maggie's care.

B. As for this other show, think of what we could get:

A Negan backstory. An Ezekiel backstory. Maybe the Glen backstory Gimple mentioned at Comicon.

We could also get updates on characters who survive whatever is coming, like "where are they now" style. Like, one random night, we'd see Negan dealing with his wife's cancer. Another week, we might find Jerry surviving in the woods, with a new group.

Plus, random stories from new characters. This thing isn't ending, it's EVOLVING. This is an attempt at like, Cinematic Universe building, I think.

C. Also, that Rick/CRM movie is almost certainly in the works. Just look at the World Beyond trailer.

You can bet that if the Rick movie works once, they'll do it again. I'd be willing to bet that Michonne shows up in the second one, and, also, that the Carol and Daryl story will lead THEM to an appearance in the movies, especially if they wind up doing all three. I've also heard that the movie will likely attempt to be a big ass, just, regular zombie horror movie that everyone can enjoy, while also including fan service. (Where's Heath, maybe? What are the helicopter people all about?) SO, hopefully, we'll still get all three movies.

All and all, I'm happy. TWD is still, I think, the most watched cable show of all time. And it's STILL number one on cable. People WILL watch all this new shit.

SO

The bottom line is that we've got 31 episodes of the flagship show left, to be shown throughout the next couple of years.
    We've got at least ONE more season of Fear, coming soon.
    We've got 2 years of The World Beyond.
    We've got at least ONE season of Daryl and Carol.
    We've got at least ONE season of an anthology show.
    ANd, we've got at least one Rick movie, and, most likely, 3- even if the third one is tv only.

After all this shit, we should be ready for TWD: The Next Generation, with grown up Judith, Herschel, and Rick Motherfucking Grimes Jr.

So, don't despair.

They're trying to Star Wars/MCU this shit, and, as long as the content is decent, we'll all be watching SOME sort of TWD bullshit well into the 2030s

Are you guys with me? @ickyvicky @fillow @Erneuert @versusreality @zaps30 @thelastdisciple ? even @bobbie solo , who mostly just reads the comics. What do you guys think?

As for ME, I think there's definitely a good, long future, for TWD. I feel like we're the OG Star Trek fans, bemoaning the end of the original show, with out realizing how many more years of dope shit we still have coming.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-10-2020 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm sure it will all depend on reception and whatever's going on in the world whether any of it comes to fruition, I'll probably end up watching it all because i am a glutton.

Certainly more than thrilled at the idea for a Daryl and Carol show, put that shit into my veins!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'm sure it will all depend on reception and whatever's going on in the world whether any of it comes to fruition, I'll probably end up watching it all because i am a glutton.

Certainly more than thrilled at the idea for a Daryl and Carol show, put that shit into my veins!
    a LOT of it is for sure coming into fruition, at least, for sure, unless the next cataclysm comes in 21 or 22.
    the only question really left in that area is whether or not we get ONE Twd movie, or two, or three. (edit: my next generation fantasy aside,)
    the rest of this shit is green lit.

again, according to AMC

31 episodes of the flagship show left, to be shown throughout the next couple of years. (31)
    at least ONE more season of Fear, coming soon (already filmed.) (16)
    2 years of The World Beyond. (first year already filmed and coming soon.) (20)
    ONE season of Daryl and Carol. (green lit, and, they're under contract.) (10?)
    ONE season of an anthology show. (green lit) (8?)
    ANd, we've got at least one Rick movie, and, most likely, 3- even if the third one is tv only. (in pre-production)

and they've done been teasing this fucking movie at Comic Con, and in Fear, and in TWD, and in the trailers for The World Beyond. so i'm DAMN near certain we'll get at least ONE of this alleged trilogy.

@thelastdisciple , i count EIGHTY FIVE TWD episodes of SOme sort, conservatively, and, 1-3 movies.

i'm happy.

fuck it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-11-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'll be honest, I'm perfectly fine with things winding down. It's sad, but had to happen eventually. It was a good run, fatigue is setting in for me. Looking forward to the films those most.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Interesting how you tied it to Star Wars. I'm not a big fan Star Wars fan (I respect the originals) - but everytime they come out with something new, I'm like "Omg, they're just milking it out!"

That's what I don't really like with what they're doing with TWD now. I don't watch Fear, nor will I with the young kids one. Will I watch Carol & Daryl? Maybe? I guess it depends on how they end TWD.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Interesting how you tied it to Star Wars. I'm not a big fan Star Wars fan (I respect the originals) - but everytime they come out with something new, I'm like "Omg, they're just milking it out!"

That's what I don't really like with what they're doing with TWD now. I don't watch Fear, nor will I with the young kids one. Will I watch Carol & Daryl? Maybe? I guess it depends on how they end TWD.
    I think the one with the kids will be worth watching, because I'm pretty sure it's about the helicopter people who have Rick, and it's a lead in to the movie. It's limited to two years, also.

As for me, I'm obsessed with this shit, and it would ALL have to get bad for me not to watch, lol.

Like, there are a couple pretty bad seasons of Fear, but, hey, it's got fucking Morgan in it. And Dwighty boy shows up. And they talk about going back to Alexandria, (not that they DO it.)

And Althea meets one of the helicopter people, and, holy shit, the lady had maps that said CRM, which adds to the mystery of where Rick is. I can't miss THAT shit

Honestly, though, I have a feeling that this season of Fear is going to be really good, and, that everything in the next couple of years will the together, going into the movies. I've been hoping for that for awhile, and, I get the impression that it's finally happening.

When that Finale comes on, and Fear airs after it, and, the next week, we have no TWD, but, rather, Fear and the new show, you won't even be tempted to check it out?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

It'll zoom back to Rick waking up in the hospital and it was all a dreeeeaaaaaam!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It'll zoom back to Rick waking up in the hospital and it was all a dreeeeaaaaaam!
    dude it would be pretty goddamn funny if they had custom tailored pants to have balls big enough to do that. He could wake up, wizard of oz style, and be like "and YOU were there! And YOU were there too!" And it's the nurses and techs and shit, being Daryl and Carol and Morgan and Negan

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    dude it would be pretty goddamn funny if they had custom tailored pants to have balls big enough to do that. He could wake up, wizard of oz style, and be like "and YOU were there! And YOU were there too!" And it's the nurses and techs and shit, being Daryl and Carol and Morgan and Negan
    And Negan is actually a janitor with a broomstick resting on his shoulder.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm not watching all these finale trailers, for a 42 minute episode. I don't wanna see that much of it, you know?

I AM keeping up with the Fear pictures and trailer, and, goddamn. Have you seen morgan? He looks like a decrepit old man with a greying beard, and his eyes are actually literally red, and it appears that the walkers aren't interested in him.

Idk if he had become immune somehow, or if he just smells like death, like, maybe he's dying of cancer.

Are you guys catching these season 10 reruns they're doing on Sunday nights, with cast commentary and such? I keep missing them.

Oh- also, I think they're showing a special ABOUT the finale, before it comes on. Lolol

This better be a damn good episode.

I would HOPE that they, A. Used everything that normally winds up on the cutting room floor, and, B. Maybe filmed a few extra scenes. It wouldn't be THAT hard to push this thing up over an hour

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Morgan, what the diddly?!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Finale leaked, and the preview special. Can't find TWB yet, though.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    world beyond leaked, too.

i'm about to watch 10.15, 10.16, TWB 01.01, and the Talking Dead special.

hot damn.

the day has finally come, erbody, and it came early!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Just watched TWD finale. That seemed pretty... bland?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Just watched TWD finale. That seemed pretty... bland?
    really? i thought it was fucking STUNNING. perhaps your expectations were too high, due to the delay, or maybe we just dig different shit.

But i LOVED it, and more than i thought i would.

I thought Miss Kang delivered an emotional, exciting end to the whisperer arc, and i trust her to create a killer final 30 episodes.

i honestly think she single handedly saved the show, after the clusterfuck that was seasons 7 and 8.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    really? i thought it was fucking STUNNING. perhaps your expectations were too high, due to the delay, or maybe we just dig different shit.

But i LOVED it, and more than i thought i would.

I thought Miss Kang delivered an emotional, exciting end to the whisperer arc, and i trust her to create a killer final 30 episodes.

i honestly think she single handedly saved the show, after the clusterfuck that was seasons 7 and 8.
    I dunno, I wanted to see more of Negan, and I thought Beta’s death was a bit crap. And no real major character deaths.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'm going to wait until Sunday to see it. Fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I dunno, I wanted to see more of Negan, and I thought Beta’s death was a bit crap. And no real major character deaths.
    I don't think they can AFFORD major character deaths at this point, mate. But I know what you mean.
    I loved what we DID see of Negan. Great acting, and some subtle character development.
    Idk. I got hyped. There were a few badass scenes, rapid fire, one after the other, that really did it for me.

This thing, though: it should have been at LEAST an hour. You KNOW they could have done more shots. On top of that, we know scenes get cut, because amc premiere was doing extended episodes at one point.

All in all, though, rapid fire describes it for me. It felt urgent, and I dug that. Once shit started rolling, it didn't let up.

I'm sorry you didn't dig it. @ickyvicky , to me, it's top ten material.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I think you meant @Erneuert

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I think you meant @Erneuert
    I'm sorry.

What did you think of it, @ickyvicky ?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Ok. So who is still invested in TWD and/or TWDTVCU or whatever?

We got me, @ickyvicky, @ErneuertVon Der Hand , and who else?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I finally saw the episode - I thought it was fine. I was surprised with all those damn zombies there wasn't more chaos - I was expecting it to be more action-packed. How Daryl killed Beta was OG tho. And if anyone watched Talking Dead - Beta said he wanted to die happily into the zombies arms. Glad to see Maggie back too.

Those soldiers at the end - are they going to be good or bad guys?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I finally saw the episode - I thought it was fine. I was surprised with all those damn zombies there wasn't more chaos - I was expecting it to be more action-packed. How Daryl killed Beta was OG tho. And if anyone watched Talking Dead - Beta said he wanted to die happily into the zombies arms. Glad to see Maggie back too.

Those soldiers at the end - are they going to be good or bad guys?
    Are they from the triple circle group from World Beyond?

Re: all the zombies, yeah. It should've taken them a hell of a lot longer to all fall off that cliff than it did, lol.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    They're going to use Jeffrey Dean Morgan's real-life wife Hilarie Burton to play Lucille in the next season. That will be cool!

https://ew.com/tv/the-walking-dead-h...-wife-lucille/

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    They're going to use Jeffrey Dean Morgan's real-life wife Hilarie Burton to play Lucille in the next season. That will be cool!

https://ew.com/tv/the-walking-dead-h...-wife-lucille/
    Oh man, that’ll take the emotion to a whole new level.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    As a side thought... since so much has gone on in TWD and Fear TWD, is anyone else kind of... not that fussed about Rick anymore? I honestly don’t even think about his character anymore unless I’m reminded about him.