Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It WAS good! I also really pleased with the reveal at the end. "Holy shit" is a total understatement, especially now that I'm anticipating how different (or similar) things will be compared to the comic's prison arc.

Then of course, Chris Hardwick opening Talking Dead with "HOLY SHIT" was perfect. I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I'm glad they picked someone who's such a fanboy to host the show. It makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who was annoyed with the lack of barrel action/recoil from the guns during the clearing of the yard?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    At least Hershel reloaded a weapon this time. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where did he get an M4?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Who knows, they skipped ahead 6 months.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Very good return, already better than most of the bullshit that happened last season. If this season follows the prison/woodbury storyline from the comics even remotely closely it's going to be awesome, and so far it's looking good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The guard zombies were awesome.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yea, the part where Rick takes off the mask off the one and his face comes off with the mask. Pretty neat.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Personally, I'd really like to see them pull off a season that takes place (at least partially) in winter someday. I'm glad that Ty made it kinda work with skipping over it completely, but I can't help but wonder what that's be like on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Yea, the part where Rick takes off the mask off the one and his face comes off with the mask. Pretty neat.
    That might've been one of my favorite zombie scenes in the series. Definitely dropped my jaw when that happened - It was really well done! As were the armored zombies! Way to go the video game route without making it unbelievable.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-16-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It probably would have been boring, if I remember correctly, the zombies froze in the winter in the comics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This all takes place in the South though, right? There really wouldn't be much of a winter. Not compared to say if they were in the Midwest or something.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That's right, I remember them freezing...But eh, who knows. I'm just after the prison arc in the comics, so I don't know how much further any of the survivors would venture from Georgia, but I'm sure they could make it work in the story if they wanted it to, somehow.

I guess I wouldn't want to see this show hop over every winter. I totally get the reasoning, it makes sense, but doing it again would make things seem too "television" to me. Like, nothing noteworthy happens in the winter months? Everyone lives through winter? Everyone gets along, peachy keen? I dunno. It's not a flaw on the show to skip over those months, it would just be weird if it became a recurring thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Didn't Axel call the big black guy they killed Tyronne? The guy that lived is Oscar. If so, that sucks. They always said Tyronne was a separate character to T-Dog so I thought they would end up doing something with him sometime.

EDIT: On Talking dead they're calling him Tiny so perhaps Tyronne will show up sometime soon.
    Last edited by Zipfinator; 10-21-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I think it was Big Tiny they said at one point, I could be wrong. But I really loved how Rick just went and killed half of them. Man this is a good season so far.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    they're moving quicker than the comic in showing Rick becoming more hardened and quicker to kill, but it works completely and makes sense to get there faster bc it's such a compelling component, why save it?

he was so, so badass this episode. he didn't have to let the little dude die, but just like the book, I can't blame him for it either. dude tried to him him with a bat. oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really good episode, but they got rid of the prisoners too quick (Andrew and Tomas last a bit longer in the comics).

For a minute there I thought they were killing Lori. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    Didn't Axel call the big black guy they killed Tyronne? The guy that lived is Oscar. If so, that sucks. They always said Tyronne was a separate character to T-Dog so I thought they would end up doing something with him sometime.

EDIT: On Talking dead they're calling him Tiny so perhaps Tyronne will show up sometime soon.
    Don't worry. It's Tyreese, not Tyronne. I hope he appears soon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    Really good episode, but they got rid of the prisoners too quick (Andrew and Tomas last a bit longer in the comics).

For a minute there I thought they were killing Lori. Wow.

Don't worry. It's Tyreese, not Tyronne. I hope he appears soon.
    Yeah, haven't read those early issues in a while.

Also I'm fine with them killing off the prisoners too early. That storyline didn't really go anywhere other than the shitty prisoner killing Hershel's twin daughters and trying to kill Andrea. I guess she won't have that scar on her face in the show. Also there's still some openings for those two being accepted into the group because Axel was in the comic. I'd be surprised if they don't do something with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    Yeah, haven't read those early issues in a while.

Also I'm fine with them killing off the prisoners too early. That storyline didn't really go anywhere other than the shitty prisoner killing Hershel's twin daughters and trying to kill Andrea. I guess she won't have that scar on her face in the show. Also there's still some openings for those two being accepted into the group because Axel was in the comic. I'd be surprised if they don't do something with them.
    I was thinking that maybe Axel could be the crazy one this time around.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The best part of the episode was Rick killing the living.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    I was thinking that maybe Axel could be the crazy one this time around.
    Perhaps. He does have the crazy wild west mustache and not the biker beard from the comic.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magtig View Post
    the best part of the episode was rick killing the living.
    rick happens!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    If it's been 6 months or 8 months or somewhere around that amount of time between the last episode of Season 2 and the opening of Season 3, what the hell exactly took them THAT long to find the prison? i mean i get that Winter has supposedly come and gone since then (i would have loved to see some of the survival aspects involved) and they probably wouldn't want to be travelling too much as they'd want shelter and warmth but since the sweeping shot of it in pretty close proximity to them at the end of the Season 2 finale i would've thought it'd only take upwards of a month to maybe get themselves ready with ammo and weapons, then storm the place....why did it take so long?

Also Lori does not look pregnant enough to me for the time that's passed i mean she looks preggers but not 8 months preggers or she doesn't seem like she acts pregnant enough either....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    last night's episode was blah. not really feeling Michonne so far and for Andrea... please, just die already... i hate her character so much

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    After two rock solid episodes to start the season, I thought last night's episode was a bit of a snoozer.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    How come everyone from the comic looks like their character from the comic except the Governor?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Wow. I absolutely loved last night's episode.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Me too!!! So far this season is 100x better than season 2

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    If it's been 6 months or 8 months or somewhere around that amount of time between the last episode of Season 2 and the opening of Season 3, what the hell exactly took them THAT long to find the prison? i mean i get that Winter has supposedly come and gone since then (i would have loved to see some of the survival aspects involved) and they probably wouldn't want to be travelling too much as they'd want shelter and warmth but since the sweeping shot of it in pretty close proximity to them at the end of the Season 2 finale i would've thought it'd only take upwards of a month to maybe get themselves ready with ammo and weapons, then storm the place....why did it take so long?

Maybe they used that scene for dramatic build up to the new season?

Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    How come everyone from the comic looks like their character from the comic except the Governor?
    Maybe there were actors who looked the part but didnt slay it like DM did. I thought he rocked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's a show based off of a comic. I am not entirely critical of how much time has passed because "the prison was right there" at the end of season 2. Who knows, maybe they took off the opposite direction for a bit. It's not crucial to the storyline.

Regarding Lori being pregnant, for being on foot a lot of time and having lack of food, so much so that she is concerned that her child is dead inside, I wouldn't expect her to look like the pregnant ladies we see here today, who can eat every other hour.

I really enjoyed last nights episode and Woodbury has opened up a lot of other story lines and conflicts. The Governor, wow!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Not every pregnant woman carries the same. If you're tall and have a long torso, even at near full term, you're not going to be big as a house.

I can't believe some of you are saying this last episode was a snoozer when the closing scene alone was so creepy. I'm glad they're showing just how menacing and dangerous the Governor is in his first episode.