Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Spoiler: The final issue saw a huge time jump, as Carl and Sophia (both of whom have, of course, been killed off in the TV show) are living together in a farm house, raising a 6-year-old daughter named Andrea.It appears to have been at least 10 years, and although there is no cure, the world no longer sees walkers as a major threat. Civilisation is largely restored.

The main conflict in the issue begins when Carl kills a walker belonging to Maggie and Glenn's son Hershel – who travels around the country making money by using the undead as an attraction. (Maggie is also the president.)

Carl gets into trouble with the law, as Hershel's walkers are 'private property'.
    After putting down Hershel's other walkers, Carl justifies his actions in front of the court by reminding everybody of what they had to go through to be here today.
    The judge – Michonne – agrees, and bans the practice of owning and displaying zombies for profit.

The story ends with Carl reading his daughter a story about Rick and how he changed and saved the world.
    Kirkman said in the Letter Hacks sectionafter the closing scene: "I got to tell my story exactly how I wanted to, for 193 issues, and end it on my terms, with no interference at all along the way... at any point.

And that’s, as they say, that.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    New TWD spinoff casts 3 new characters:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...alexa-mansour/

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I love the Negan moments, and the mace on Aaron's arm stump.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Also -

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Michone and Ezekiel?? Oh snappp

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Michone and Ezekiel?? Oh snappp
    I wonder if this really happens, like, REALLY, or, has Ezekiel roped M into this display so as to fuck with Carol?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Please don’t be true.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was definitely better than the last two. Loved the Negan fight with Aaron.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was definitely better than the last two. Loved the Negan fight with Aaron.
    Same here. The second episode with Alpha’s backstory was particularly gory.

Also, I just want to pretend I didn’t see this/know about this:

Looks like we’ll have to watch it, though:

Rick was notoriously flown away in a mysterious helicopter, bringing an end to his reign on the AMC show.
    The helicopter had three circles etched on it, which were also seen in the recent spin-off trailer.
    On the symbol, Scott explained: “Those three circles, represent three different civilisations that are bound.

"And the place [the new characters from the spinoff are from] is associated with one of those circles.”

He also went on to explain that the new series is set “nearly 10 years after the start of the apocalypse”.

He added: “So this is one of those big things that is happening at the same time as The Walking Dead, but they have no idea about each other.”
    Last edited by Erneuert; 10-23-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    It's a no from me, dawg.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Same here. The second episode with Alpha’s backstory was particularly gory.

Also, I just want to pretend I didn’t see this/know about this:

Looks like we’ll have to watch it, though:

Rick was notoriously flown away in a mysterious helicopter, bringing an end to his reign on the AMC show.
    The helicopter had three circles etched on it, which were also seen in the recent spin-off trailer.
    On the symbol, Scott explained: “Those three circles, represent three different civilisations that are bound.

"And the place [the new characters from the spinoff are from] is associated with one of those circles.”

He also went on to explain that the new series is set “nearly 10 years after the start of the apocalypse”.

He added: “So this is one of those big things that is happening at the same time as The Walking Dead, but they have no idea about each other.”
    I’m honestly over the fact that this show FORCES us to continue watching it’s mediocre spinoffs just to find out what happens to Rick or something.

He’s supposed to have movies coming out. It’s the only reason I still watch. Once his movies come out and I can watch and have closure with his INSANELY long drawn out story, I won’t feel the need to continue watching this series or any of the connected series. Over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ^^ Totally agree.

Or why don't they just wrap up the original Walking Dead first, and then put out these spin-offs like normal TV shows do.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    It's a no from me, dawg.
    lol, American Idol reference?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    First 30 minutes of last night's episode was garbage, then it finally got moving. Looking forward to a Negan-filled episode next week!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Oh, man, that episode was so satisfying. As long as they keep Negan around I don’t need Rick.

So... who thinks the likely scenario will be that it follows the comics? He ends up getting buddy-buddy with Beta at first, joins the Whisperers, then brings the community back the head of Alpha? Obviously not to Rick. Maybe to Maggie when she comes back?

btw, what happened to that Whisperer that Carol shot while she was dangling upside down? Last we saw she was back at her Whisperer community and had turned, presumably going to bite or wreak havoc on the Whisperers with her mask on?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Oh, man, that episode was so satisfying. As long as they keep Negan around I don’t need Rick.

So... who thinks the likely scenario will be that it follows the comics? He ends up getting buddy-buddy with Beta at first, joins the Whisperers, then brings the community back the head of Alpha? Obviously not to Rick. Maybe to Maggie when she comes back?

btw, what happened to that Whisperer that Carol shot while she was dangling upside down? Last we saw she was back at her Whisperer community and had turned, presumably going to bite or wreak havoc on the Whisperers with her mask on?
    hmmm...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Samantha MORTON and Jeffrey Dean MORGAN are the only ones keeping this show afloat at this rate. I mean, I’m really kind of sick of seeing Daryl’s chewing but not really chewing on anything mouth movements over repetitive dialogue with Carol.

But that Negan shit. That *leans backwards* THAT shit I can get behind! You might even say it tickles my balls.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 11-12-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I looooooooovveeee that bad Negan is back! Agreed - him and Alpha are the only ones keeping the show going.

The whole Siddiq zoning out thing needs to wrap up immediately. No one cares, dude. You wanted to bang Rosita - that's what you get! Hopefully with everyone getting sick now, they'll all bite him in the ass! hahaa

Also the part of Eugene talking to that woman over the radio was such a waste of time, did not need to be that long.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I looooooooovveeee that bad Negan is back! Agreed - him and Alpha are the only ones keeping the show going.

The whole Siddiq zoning out thing needs to wrap up immediately. No one cares, dude. You wanted to bang Rosita - that's what you get! Hopefully with everyone getting sick now, they'll all bite him in the ass! hahaa

Also the part of Eugene talking to that woman over the radio was such a waste of time, did not need to be that long.
    I’m constantly bored with this show and only continue to watch it because I’ve invested so many years.

Negan is the only character I enjoy seeing. Siddiq needs to GO immediately. I’d celebrate his death. The show moves at a snails pace which is probably how they are on season 10 already. I used to have a love hate relationship with this show but now it’s mostly just hate hate.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan needs more screen time. He’s the only character with any sort of personality.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    I’m constantly bored with this show and only continue to watch it because I’ve invested so many years.

Negan is the only character I enjoy seeing. Siddiq needs to GO immediately. I’d celebrate his death. The show moves at a snails pace which is probably how they are on season 10 already. I used to have a love hate relationship with this show but now it’s mostly just hate hate.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan needs more screen time. He’s the only character with any sort of personality.

Absolutely! I wanted to smack Beta each time he told Negan to shut up.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Now that was another damn good episode!

Spoiler: Something didn’t feel right about Dante since he was introduced. Personally happy to see Siddiq gone.
    @ickyvicky - what did you think of it?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 11-16-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Good point raised here:

Although the scene’s Carol ex Machina isn’t great, the real problem leads back to Dante. Lydia is exactly right when she said Alexandria’s very existence would make many Whisperers realize they can have a life that doesn’t involve wearing masks made of dead people. Alpha specifically said she wants to destroy the colony so her people aren’t tempted by it, and this is exactly what happened to Lydia. So why is Dante, who’s not so cultish that he can pass for an incredibly normal if slightly sleazy dude for months, and who has been living that sweet Alexandrian life for those same months, still on Team Whisperer? And for that matter, how the hell did Lydia never recognize Dante?

https://io9.gizmodo.com/tonights-walking-dead-was-a-mess-1839895980/amp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Another snooze fest of an episode. Glad siddiq is gone and found myself asking what they were going to do about Dante but then immediately asked myself “who cares?”. Missed Negan in this episode as he’s the only thing worth watching in this show now.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Now that was another damn good episode!

@ickyvicky - what did you think of it?
    I thought last night's episode was pretty good, but I didn't think it had to waste a whole episode on Siddiq. It was cool visually with the flashbacks, but they could've showed these in previous episodes as well to get to the point quicker. I didn't realize how it was more of the killings that messed him up - I really thought it was just him being a new dad with a baby and having so many patients to take care of that was tiring him out, because he never spoke about it (until last night's episode.) In Talking Dead, Siddiq talked about his PTSD.

As soon as Dante said it was Siddiq that packed the hemlock, I knew shit was going to go down. Haha, that was nuts, and Gabriel's face like, "Oh lord"

To the point of how Lydia hasn't recognize/acknowledged Dante - that's a good question. Maybe she thought he wanted to change like her? And being a doctor is a good coverup, least suspecting. Or maybe Dante has issues, like that kid that was following Negan and killed that mother and her son from the bus?

The Whisperer spitting in Carol's face, that was awesome. Didn't expect that, great acting.

I wonder what Lydia and Gamma will decide to do now, that's going to be a big game changer. Maybe Lydia will bump into Negan in the woods and he'll talk some sense into her.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I thought last night's episode was pretty good, but I didn't think it had to waste a whole episode on Siddiq. It was cool visually with the flashbacks, but they could've showed these in previous episodes as well to get to the point quicker. I didn't realize how it was more of the killings that messed him up - I really thought it was just him being a new dad with a baby and having so many patients to take care of that was tiring him out, because he never spoke about it (until last night's episode.) In Talking Dead, Siddiq talked about his PTSD.

As soon as Dante said it was Siddiq that packed the hemlock, I knew shit was going to go down. Haha, that was nuts, and Gabriel's face like, "Oh lord"

To the point of how Lydia hasn't recognize/acknowledged Dante - that's a good question. Maybe she thought he wanted to change like her? And being a doctor is a good coverup, least suspecting. Or maybe Dante has issues, like that kid that was following Negan and killed that mother and her son from the bus?

The Whisperer spitting in Carol's face, that was awesome. Didn't expect that, great acting.

I wonder what Lydia and Gamma will decide to do now, that's going to be a big game changer. Maybe Lydia will bump into Negan in the woods and he'll talk some sense into her.
    I’m speculating that Negan will see Alpha actually murder Lydia, which will make Negan snap and cut her head off.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    To the point of how Lydia hasn't recognize/acknowledged Dante - that's a good question. Maybe she thought he wanted to change like her? And being a doctor is a good coverup, least suspecting.
    Welp, this explains that:

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @Erneuert What episode was that in?!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @Erneuert What episode was that in?!
    That’s the opening of the next episode, a preview, lol.

In other news they’re saying the TV show could be ending with season 12.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Oh man. Two more seasons?? Gimme a break.