Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tyreese, y u no look behind you in a house that has zombies in it? herp derp

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I was bored by the end too. I do love the way the story was told. I just think it was stretched too much to fill up the hour.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm questioning my dignity for still watching this show.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    I'm questioning my dignity for still watching this show.
    Second that

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That dialogue. Oh my....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I recently find out about YMS and although this is quite old and you probably saw it already, I couldn't agree more with this video

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The could not have made the "we are The Walking Dead" speech any more flaccid if they tried. What a letdown. :\ I'm excited for what's to come, but that was one boring episode.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    I recently find out about YMS and although this is quite old and you probably saw it already, I couldn't agree more with this video

The whole "budget cuts while having more episodes per season" thing explains a lot about how the series is now.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The last couple of episodes were one of the worst ever! I hope they can pick up some speed soon, otherwise I am not sure I am willing to continue watching...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    A lot of people here really do need to quit watching the show. It's become this cool thing to watch it, rush to the internet and bash it relentlessly, and then get excited again for next week. That kind of culture where so much enjoyment is derived by regularly shitting on something you are investing your time in is sickening to me. It's season 5 part 2. Do you not get what the show is by now? What a waste of time! He says and he wastes more time posting remarks about it every week. Except we are not talking thought out well written commentary, read the last few pages of this thread, there is little to no substance or analysis, there are only snide annoying jabs void of any critical thinking in an effort to pile on. If I want to read those kind of witless comments I can go to youtube.

I understand it's frustrating because the show can peak at times and make you believe it can hit this other level, so you want to believe in it, but it's clear it can't sustain those levels with regularity, especially when you have a show that has such stupid characters. It also misses a lot of opportunities a long the way. I realized this a few seasons ago. Regardless it does still have moments of greatness and for a show that is so popular, it still takes some risks and that is kind of cool. I mean doing a 'Malick inspired' opening episode was something fresh, even if you didn't like it. They are constantly looking for new artistic ways to frame the same content and I appreciate that as opposed to just becoming completely derivative.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'll love the show so much more when they finally kill off Glenn. So sick of him.

Maggie needs to hook up with Daryl or something.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Maggie needs to hook up with Daryl or something.
    It's not hbo, Ryan.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    It was very, very cool to see the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ community positively represented on the biggest TV show on cable. Didn't hurt that tonight was easily the best episode in the last 2 seasons too.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The kissing scene reminded me of us, tony. <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great episode! I never read the comic so the plot developments always come as a surprise. This show has consistently kept my interest and often at the edge of my seat. One of the best shows on TV.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Definitely a shame about Darabont, etc., but I still enjoy the show immensely and the same could be said about Terry Moore as penciller for the first arc of the comic book so it's w/e, life goes on (even in death).

That said, I'm home from another lengthy Manson roadtrip and just caught up with all the new episodes on tape and I'm LOVING them! Nicotero REALLY stepped-up and made the Tyreese episode KICK-ASS and it was good to see the group reduced to rainwater and earthworms again afterward.

Realllly enjoying the hints about and build-up to The Saviors-from-the-comics/The-Wolves-from-the-show and their sadistic trail of carnage from episode-to-episode, too!!!

Definitely positive signs for the show actually doing Negan justice when they get around to him.

Not to mention the sudden uptick in "asshole/bullshit" profanity and the like, lol.

Super-excited to finally see the show's take on D.C. and the Alexandria Safe-Zone!!!

XD

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    It was very, very cool to see the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ community positively represented on the biggest TV show on cable. Didn't hurt that tonight was easily the best episode in the last 2 seasons too.
    When Eric and Aaron finally met up, my roommate goes "What the fuck? Ugh. Jesus Christ." For fuck's sake, man. You just saw a car run over 50 zombies and get COVERED in blood and guts, and two men kissing is the thing that grosses you out?

But yeah, I agree. This was the best episode we've seen in a while! And not just because the last few have been crap.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Yeah, shooting a child in the back of the head, killing innocent people, implied father/zombie daughter incest and Eugene watching while Abraham takes his lady to pound town from
    behind a shelf is ok but 2 guys kissing is inappropriate?

Fuck everyone man.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    When Eric and Aaron finally met up, my roommate goes "What the fuck? Ugh. Jesus Christ." For fuck's sake, man. You just saw a car run over 50 zombies and get COVERED in blood and guts, and two men kissing is the thing that grosses you out?
    is your roommate...?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm just so glad they're at Alexandria now but I fully expect everyone who thought the farm story dragged because they were in the same place for a season are going to be shocked when they realize how long this fuckin' set is going to get use.

Andrew Lincoln is such a stand-out on this show. His acting is just genuinely great; the look of relief when he heard children playing was phenomenal.

It was nice to finally have an episode where a significant amount of ground is covered. After episode after episode of one thing happening per, we finally get one where the group travels a substantial amount, finds supplies, fights a horde of zombies, splits up and regroups, interrogates and extracts info from someone, learn about Alexandria and actually get there by the end of the episode (with this show's penchant for dragging its feet in the dirt I thoroughly expected that to take three episodes), and new characters get properly introduced. All in one episode. It's like a normal show now or something and I guess it's bad that that's something worth complimenting but it's so out of character for this series in the best way.

Oh, that callback to Dale with Glenn at the RV was pretty nice. Glenn is one of the only characters who still seems to make callbacks to past seasons.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post

But yeah, I agree. This was the best episode we've seen in a while! And not just because the last few have been crap.
    Maybe he was just disgusted that the guy who seems to be taking the Jesus role from the comics is a pussy in the show? *shrug*

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Unless I missed something, every single thing Aaron-from-the-show has said and done so far is pretty much a straight-up adaptation of Aaron-from-the-comics.

And, sure...Aaron and Jesus were pretty similar in terms of their introductions and usage as plot devices up to a point, but other than that I'm fairly certain that Aaron is just Aaron right now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I haven't re-read anything from the "newer" books but you might be right. I just recall Jesus being the one who scouted out the group and was a super bad ass. Besides, that was just wishful thinking. I'd rather people be comic snobs than homophobes.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    This episode was great. The sequences felt like a video game. I felt like some of those scenes were right out of Left4Dead

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Maybe he was just disgusted that the guy who seems to be taking the Jesus role from the comics is a pussy in the show? *shrug*
    Ha. Aaahahah. Hahahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Yeah, no, my roommate is a closed-minded meathead. I say this after 3 years of living together.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The season 5 finale is getting extended to 90 minutes. So help me god if we don't get to see Neegan by then...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This weeks episode was great, really enjoyed it. I do hope Bill Hicks gets some more screentime though.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Nice to see a clean shaven Rick again.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Seriously, that was all I can say about that episode.

The Walking Dead: Rick shaves.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

So they're all part of the dharma initiative now?

An artist I know had art featured in that episode. Massive exposure for him.
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 03-03-2015 at 06:43 PM.