Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Spoiler: Why is Ron Perlman *NOT* going to play Abraham on the TV show? According to imdb, Michael Cudlitz got the role. I've been waiting for him to show up, and thought that Perlman would be perfect ever since his first appearance in the comic.

Tonight's episode was great. Fitting end to the first half of the season. The last shot was right out of the comic if I remember correctly.
    I'm glad with how they finished this half of the season. I thought it was going to drag out the prison for another 8 episodes but now we get to move onto Spoiler: Abraham. I didn't particularly like how they just threw in a progression of the Governor from Woodbury to this finale in 2 episodes but whatever. I hope this was the new showrunner cleaning up what Mazzara left him with and it moves ahead more smoothly. He was the writer/director of Clear so I have faith he can do really well with where the story goes from here.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Hershel is my favorite character and I don't want him to die, but fear he will in the next episode.
    Spoiler: Damnit I was right!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This thread needs a dual spoiler function. One for the TV episodes that have already aired and one for the Comic/Novel people.

Anyway, (tv)Spoiler: I'm glad the Governor is gone. I couldn't stand that character or any of the stories that involved him. In a world where zombies walk the streets, he might have been the least believable part of the show. I mean, the guy just shows up at a new camp. Suddenly the camps leaders all die. And now everyone is willing to just blindly follow him into war, in spite of the fact that he's the newest and most mysterious guy in the whole place?

Hopefully now we can get back to the main group and watch Darryl lead them to a new camp. (since Rick will presumably have another breakdown)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Could someone please hook me up with tonight's episode of Talking Dead? It's damn near impossible to watch them unless you're in America.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i always get mine from pirate bay.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    (TV spoiler) Spoiler: Am I the only one who didn't believe 100% that the Governor was DEAD until Talking Dead? I mean, sure, he was beaten, stabbed, and shot in the face (off-camera, I might add), and then the zombie stomped the eye-patch chess piece into the mud, but it wasn't enough. I wanted to see a corpse! Luckily, Talking Dead saved the day and gave him a spot on "In Memoriam."

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    i always get mine from pirate bay.
    Can't find it on TPB. :/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Can't find it on TPB. :/
    You must be doing something wrong as there are nine different uploads of the last episode.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    You must be doing something wrong as there are nine different uploads of the last episode.
    Of Talking (not walking) dead?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Of Talking (not walking) dead?
    Yep. Talking Dead S03E08.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Oh it's there now!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I'm happy they are making the major milestone changes in the mid season breaks instead of holding it for the season finale. It's more satisfying AND more of a cliffhanger as a result. Waiting to leave the prison for the finale would be sort of boring.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't doubt that one bit. Hell, the guy became an actor because he got drunk and stumbled into an acting class. Literally.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is it safe to assume one of the people on the bus took the baby with them and she's not dead? Who would leave the baby seat on the ground like that with the baby in it?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Somebody had to. I feel like if she was killed, they would've made it MUCH clearer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the same time it's hard to know how clear they'd need to be without crossing a line. I know it's AMC, proudly flaunting the ability to say "shit" while being generally darker and edgier than other stations, but surely even they recoil from depicting a baby being eaten in its carrier.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Comic book rules apply. No body, no death.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Comic book rules apply. No body, no death.
    Well...we never saw The Governor's body after he was killed. Just every implication that he was dead, and the confirmation on Talking Dead.

...Wait. What if he IS dead, but he comes back to lead an army of walkers as The Zombie Governor? THE ZOMBOVERNOR? Confirmed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Well...we never saw The Governor's body after he was killed. Just every implication that he was dead, and the confirmation on Talking Dead.

...Wait. What if he IS dead, but he comes back to lead an army of walkers as The Zombie Governor? THE ZOMBOVERNOR? Confirmed.
    I'm pretty sure he Spoiler: got shot in the head in the comic. Although I completely missed that he even died the first time I read the comic somehow, probably because it was someone so unimportant that killed him in the comic which is what Robert thought was interesting about his death.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipfinator View Post
    I'm pretty sure he Spoiler: got shot in the head in the comic. Although I completely missed that he even died the first time I read the comic somehow, probably because it was someone so unimportant that killed him in the comic which is what Robert thought was interesting about his death.
    Oh yeah, he's definitely dead there. I was just trying to say that the comic-book rule didn't necessarily apply to the show. :P

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Somebody had to. I feel like if she was killed, they would've made it MUCH clearer.
    I agree with this - I'm not convinced the baby is a goner. I don't think we needed to see the baby being eaten, but we didn't see anything at all - they could have shown a walker heading to the baby carrier or something.

All that aside, who else got that disappointed realization sometime early yesterday evening about 'oh yeah, no Walking Dead tonight'...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    I agree with this - I'm not convinced the baby is a goner. I don't think we needed to see the baby being eaten, but we didn't see anything at all - they could have shown a walker heading to the baby carrier or something.
    I feel like they could've done that, followed up with a behind-the-carrier shots of Carl and Rick seeing what would essentially be an unfinished slab of baby back ribs in said carrier, with some reaction shots from them - basically confirming she was dead, without having to even show anything. That would've been pretty nasty.

All that aside, who else got that disappointed realization sometime early yesterday evening about 'oh yeah, no Walking Dead tonight'...
    I got the satisfaction of raining on my roommate's parade when he was all excited to see what Sunday's episode was gonna be like. Muahahaha!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    hahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Next week!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Today! ten characters

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I can't imagine eating that much pudding.

Also, yay, Carl!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Great episode tonight. Seeing the characters struggling with themselves personally, and making quick decisions about what they think they want was done pretty dam well. It felt like the beginning of something new once again. I'm just glad they're out of that dam prison FINALLY. Was also very cool to find out who Michonne's pets were back in season 2.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    lol at the governor getting like 2 seconds of screen time.