Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    This might not be the best place to put this, but this is intriguing news:
    Game of Thrones Creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to Write and Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films
    Spoiler alert. Everybody dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Thought this was interesting. Someone has found a pretty blatant point where one of Snoke's guards could've easily stabbed Rey in the back. It must've been caught by the VFX team... So they just edited the knife out of his hand for a few seconds lol.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Thought this was interesting. Someone has found a pretty blatant point where one of Snoke's guards could've easily stabbed Rey in the back. It must've been caught by the VFX team... So they just edited the knife out of his hand for a few seconds lol.
    That's one of those choices where there's no winner. It probably wasn't noticed until after they did reshoots and they didn't have any other footage they could use. Honestly... I'd have made the same call on that. I wouldn't call it an error since it was fixed by the VFX team.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Spoiler alert. Everybody dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Can't wait for chewie to crush someones skull starting with their eye sockets! Or a driod just flat out snapping someones neck!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched the blu-ray on sunday night with my wife (first movie in our new place) and i loved it just as much as the two times i saw it in the theater.

really bummed that, among all the great special features, the blooper reel wasn't included. why put it online and let entertainment tonight show it, but not put it on the blu-ray? i don't get it. :/

edit: FUCK YEAH i wish i could fit in this

Last edited by eversonpoe; 04-10-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Watched TFA/TLJ back-to-back this week. I really like this new trilogy, almost as much as the TOT. The scenes on the island are beautifully shot, one of the highlights from the franchise, imho.

One small nitpick--the "Rose" theme kind of sucks, and I do like the character.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Watched TFA/TLJ back-to-back this week. I really like this new trilogy, almost as much as the TOT. The scenes on the island are beautifully shot, one of the highlights from the franchise, imho.

One small nitpick--the "Rose" theme kind of sucks, and I do like the character.
    "theme" as in her musical theme?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "theme" as in her musical theme?
    Yup.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    ...have they actually raised over $64 million? because that is just upsetting.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Yeah, I saw that on Twitter yesterday, left a couple funny tweets and I guess it’s a thing. A very sad pathetic thing that Disney’s legal team will kill.

I wonder how much of this 64 million is reliable as “you don’t have to enter personal info.”

It is still insane to me how many SW fans don’t actually understand the thing they supposedly love.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-22-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I wonder how much of this 64 million is reliable as “you don’t have to enter personal info.”
    I've pledged $20k so far with RemakeTheLastJedi@gmail.com as the contact email.

Didn't want to try & make something up like HughJass@yahoo.com & have it be a valid email.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    ...have they actually raised over $64 million? Because that is just upsetting.
    get a life!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ...have they actually raised over $64 million? because that is just upsetting.
    It's been pledged, and they've been targeted by folks with fake pledges all over the place since it's super ridiculous.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hope alt-right Star Wars fans have fun with this one.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This is amazing. It takes a lot to leave me speechless. This did it. Amazing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Solo is actually great. Just saw it. Wasn't prepared for anything, but wow. I actually felt like watching Star Wars again. Moments of adventure actually made me feel like the ones in the OG trilogy. Can't even explain, purely emotional. Everyone is great, too.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Going to watch Last Jedi this weekend. First time I've seen it since opening night. I didn't hate it back then, i was just completely indifferent which i think is more disappointing than if i did not like the movie.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe I wish I could like that more than once!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    For the record, I didn't hate TLJ like they did (I mostly enjoyed it despite some flaws and WTF? decisions), but they certainly made some good points in their review. And yes, they do know what's up.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This is kind of old now, but funny:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I can't stop thinking about TLJ and the problems it presents moving the universe forward. I never needed the film to live up to any specific vision I had, but I did want it to answer some key questions regardless of what the answers were, and to create a logical stepping stone for the trilogy to end. For the record I also think the remake talk is asinine. You simply cannot do that, as flawed as that film may be. So here we are - having to somehow retrofit IX to make sense with its surroundings which is a near impossible task. But what do fans want to actually see in IX? I don't even really know. I don't know what people expect as a logical or sensible conclusion to this trilogy. What should the point of all this have been? How do we tie things in to give people some satisfaction, in a perfect world for both people that liked and disliked TLJ?

I thought about it for a while, and after multiple failed tries, I've come up with a treatment I think I could live with. It's not perfect, and certainly I'm not tied to any of the plot points, but I think it would be the perfect blend of destroying what did not work, giving the old fans some good nostalgia, the expanded universe fans some hype, and tying everything up with still leaving some real room for a future growth.

Shit all over it if you must, but I'd love to hear how other people's treatment's of IX would go, or even just want they thought would make sense at this point to cover as much of the bases as possible.

Star Wars Episode IX - The Legacy of the Sith

Main Titles.

The resistance is all but decimated. They are slowly rebuilding their infrastructure but the First Order is pursuing them relentlessly. Kylo Ren has assumed control of his anger and hate, and he has grown more powerful than ever as their leader.

Luke Skywalker still remains missing as no one knows what has happened to him or where he has gone.

A small group of the resistance has returned to Takodana to finally say goodbye to their old friend Han Solo and lay him to rest, while the others stay behind continuing to build and recruit with the first order still hot on their tail...

Open to a space battle. The first order has found them again. Kylo and his knights of ren decimate the resistance with clinical blow after blow. Kylo eventually boards the standing last rebel ship. He kills Finn, Rose, and is left with Poe. Before the final blow to Poe he asks – where is Rey? Smiling, knowing that he won’t tell him but he will be able to extract it from him ala Force Awakens.

Cut to Luke waking up in pure darkness. He is then approached by an aged Hayden Christiansen’s Anakin Skywalker. A conversation is had about good and evil and legacy of the jedi. In a similar vein to Yoda’s journey from the end of Season 6 of the Clone Wars, Luke is whisked away by force ghosts and is taken through a series of fever dreams featuring cameos by Yoda, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Qui-Gonn Jinn, etc. It finishes with him being blasted into a portal similar to the end of Rebels Season 4, where we do not know his fate.

Rey is back on Takodana with Maz, Chewie, Leia and the droids with the falcon having a proper funeral for Han Solo. Lando makes an appearance saying words about his old friend. A bunch of other aliens, smuggler’s from years past can be seen in the background with little cameo’s as they pan the funeral.

Kylo arrives and disrupts the proceedings by announcing he is now a sith lord and Han Solo will be a forgotten speck of dust when he is finished with everyone. Chewie and Lando try to attack him to buy the rest time to escape but are quickly killed as Kylo’s strength is now unparralled. After destroying most everyone else Rey and Leia are trying to take off in the falcon but Kylo stalls in the ship in the air with the force, and uses his lightsabre to slice into it, grounding it. Kylo walks over Leia’s bodyand says final words to her before extinguishing her flame right beside the grave of Han solo and removes his mask to look on to the carnage of his family history. He finally moves in to kill the last standing Rey, only to become enraged to realize Rey is a force projection and is no longer there and has escaped in the commotion, crying over the loss of Leia and friends off in the distance as she boards another ship to leave, as the falcon burns in the background alongside a furious Kylo.

Rey, thanks to force books she took and studied from Ach-to, is now a powerful jedi as well. This time she is the one to reveal truth to Kylo in a mind meld after her escape. Calming her emotions and tears she explains to him that Snoke was actually a powerful sith, Darth Plaguies, who worked with Palpatine to find a way to keep his conscieness alive in another body. He fed him the lie that Rey’s parents were filthy junk traders when in fact she is his twin sister, and they were separated at birth because she was the more powerful one and too dangerous to be trained. Plaguies hoped that Kylo would succeed in turning her without knowing that, because he believed if he knew he was less powerful than her he would have always resented her and wanted to kill her instead. Rey tells Kylo that Snoke is gone, everyone you’ve ever loved is gone, but she is his sister and still believes in him always. And that if he wants to join her in the light, to meet her in the one place she knows they can bring him back. She leaves behind a sithholocron for him which he picks up.

Back on his ship, Kylo pulls out the holocron and looks inside. He looks for guidance on how to beat Rey. He receives afleeting vision from Palpatine and Plaguies working and creating the life that eventually would be Darth Vader. Kylo is overwhelmed by the power of the holocron and puts it down, but says he knows where they have to go, Mustafar.

Kylo arrives on Mustafar with his knights, only to immediately hear Rey’s voice. She tries to sway him on how they could build the jedi, what they could do for the galaxy, saying she will never, ever give up on him. Kylo follows her voice down in the sith temple. She tells Ben they need to destroy this temple, it has too many secrets that could destroy the galaxy. She would have never lead him here if she didn’t believe he would turn, that’s why this place is so important. She believes killing Leia was the final straw. You needed to do that to know who you truly are, and what you do not want to be. You miss her, you love her – continue to honour her by building a legacy she can be proud of. It’s not too late. It wasn’t too late for Darth Vader. Did you know Anakin turned and saved Luke Skywalker? You didn’t, did you? Snoke never told you that. Being here, you can feel it – I know you will come to the light. Come with me, Ben.

Rey throws away her saber similar to Luke at the end of Jedi and reaches out her hand. The way Kylo reached out his in TLJ. Kylo looks at her, and ignites his sabre, killing her. She looks dumbfounded. You were foolhardy he says. You never trained for years and years like I did. You were naïve, and sad. All your power, wasted. I have NOBODY to stop me now from ruling the galaxy. IT IS MINE. The resistance is dead, all of the old regime is gone, and now so are you. You could have done this with me but I’m glad you didn’t. It will be so much better alone. It’s what I was always meant to do. I felt it in my bones when I was a child. This was always my destiny. Luke Skywalker knew it. That’s why he tried to kill me. But he failed. Just like you did.

Luke Skywalker walks up and reveals himself. Amazing, every single word of what you just said was wrong. And ignites his lightsaber. The only thing you feel in your bones is fear. And you’ve been afraid since you were little, because you deep down knew if you tried to do this how is how it would end. Because you were never strong enough. But you had to do it anyway, didn’t you? Stubbornness, that was your only destiny, Ben Solo.

Kylo screams and the Knights of Ren charge at Skywalker. After an intense battle Luke slowly destroys each of his former student until it’s only Luke and Kylo left. Another epic lightsaber fight ensues, and the temple starts to slowly crumble around them. Luke finally baits kylo and takes a massive blow but by doing so is able to cut his head off, finishing him for good.

As the temple is crumbling, an injured Luke stumbles over the barely alive Rey. We failed Master Skywalker. Kylo is dead, but the first order is out there and no resistance to stop them. Where is the hope in the galaxy. Luke: I failed you rey. I did not train you properly, and for that I am truly sorry. I wasn’t the Jedi I should have been to you. They hold hands. And I'm sorry for leaving you on Jakku. But there is still hope in the galaxy, he smiles. There is another. The temple crumbles around them.

Cut to a backwater planet. A teenager a few years younger than Kylo/Rey is there working on lightsaber training. The teacher is revealed to be Ashoka Tano when she pulls down her hood. She stops in her tracks, feeling the force of the events that just took place. What is it master he asked? She looks up. She sees the force ghosts of Luke, Leia and Anakin together holding hands. She looks to the boy and says, It’s time we had a talk about your parents, Anakin.

End Credits.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    tl;dr

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Calming her emotions and tears she explains to him that Snoke was actually a powerful sith, Darth Plaguies, who worked with Palpatine to find a way to keep his conscieness alive in another body. He fed him the lie that Rey’s parents were filthy junk traders when in fact she is his twin sister, and they were separated at birth because she was the more powerful one and too dangerous to be trained. Plaguies hoped that Kylo would succeed in turning her without knowing that, because he believed if he knew he was less powerful than her he would have always resented her and wanted to kill her instead.
    @valiantsteed boring, predictable bullshit. we don't need more secret twins. it's so much cooler if rey's parents really were NO ONE because it means you don't have to be part of the skywalker bloodline in order to be a great and powerful jedi. that was one of the best parts of TLJ, to me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantsteed View Post
    Star Wars Episode IX - The Legacy of the Sith...

...Calming her emotions and tears she explains to him that Snoke was actually a powerful sith, Darth Plaguies, who worked with Palpatine to find a way to keep his conscieness alive in another body...
    It feels like this would be a huge renege and would be an obvious desperation move. The Sith ended in ROTJ with Darth Sidious and Darth Vader. Snoke was already confirmed to not be a Sith, and by extension neither is Ben Solo. Who and what is Snoke? What is his goal? Apparently those are questions we are not supposed to ask because it doesn’t matter, he is a MacGuffin. While he is the catalyst of practically everything happening in these films and essential to make key events happen, he is not important at all in terms of explanations or narrative focus, and as we saw he was easily disposable. If they suddenly go back on this the 3rd movie in and bring him back, or make him a Sith, or make him immortal or whatever, it will only further compound the storytelling problems.

Best we can hope for at this point is something dignified for Carrie Fisher in terms of a goodbye. And then end this trilogy. Let Ben, Hux, and the First Order win. They deserve it, they were the ones working for it while would-be galactic vanguards like Luke and Han or the New Republic leaders apparently had their collective heads up their own asses for the last several decades allowing the First Order to up and come.

So yeah, Ben is now free from the shackles of Luke and Snoke. He isn’t bound by the dogma of either the Jedi or the Sith (or a sith wannabe in Snoke‘s case). Maybe his connection to and control of the force over time becomes centered between light and dark. Maybe he wants unity for the galaxy under his rule, and he can objectively see that if Sith and Jedi are allowed to rise again, their division will continue to be an unending catalyst for galactic war. His becomes a policy of outlawing both teachings as extremist, destroying the artifacts and history of both, and hunting down any who would attempt to revive their respective orders. In the end he captures Rey, but not wanting to kill her he instead strips her connection to the force, mind wipes her and leaves her back on Jakku with the idea that she cant leave the planet because her parents are coming back for her, someday…. There she lives out her days as a scavenger. The end.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Kelly Marie Tran: I Won’t Be Marginalized by Online Harassment

...the same society that taught some people they were heroes, saviors, inheritors of the Manifest Destiny ideal, taught me I existed only in the background of their stories, doing their nails, diagnosing their illnesses, supporting their love interests — and perhaps the most damaging — waiting for them to rescue me.

And for a long time, I believed them.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That kind of tug of war between creatives would truly ruin what parts of the franchise fanboyism hasn't that would be so fucking stupid

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Plinkett'd

It's both simultaneously entertaining and really, really sad to listen to. I do think a lot of the criticisms about conveniently bad technology and luck apply to parts of the originals too, but they make a bunch of good points about poor structure and location-shuffling.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 08-28-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Did Russian bots try to sabotage ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’?

According to researcher Morten Bay, 50.9% percent of negative responses received on Twitter came from non-automated accounts, while only 21.9% was from actual humans.

“The likely objective of these measures is increasing media coverage of the fandom conflict, thereby adding to and further propagating a narrative of widespread discord and dysfunction in American society,” Bay writes. “A number of these users appear to be Russian trolls.”

https://www.nme.com/news/film/did-ru...t-jedi-2385750
    Last edited by neorev; 10-02-2018 at 06:08 PM.