Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit that red teaser poster. Do want.

And motherfucker what a teaser trailer. And what the fuck's with Luke's last line? Hmmm....

Last edited by october_midnight; 04-14-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's the official version that won't get taken down.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Cant wait for everyone and max landis to mary sue the hell out of this movie.

I teared up.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wow that video October_Midnight posted went down fast, since the time I watched the trailer October_Midnight had posted for The Last Jedi and for my own curiosity looked up George Lucas's net worth (5.2 Billion) the video was pulled. It's crazy how the Star Wars franchise has captivated the world and many generations of fans. It doesn't seem like any of us can ever get enough, I rewatched Rogue One last night. I guess for me its escapism without doing drugs, getting lost in another world that at times seems more pleasant then the one we are currently live in.
    I'm looking forward to "The Last Jedi".

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Already getting the sense that it's going to be another Empire Strikes Back, and I don't mean that as a positive.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Already getting the sense that it's going to be another Empire Strikes Back, and I don't mean that as a positive.

And it starts...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I liked the trailer quite a bit. I don't, however, like this preemptive fanboy defensiveness bullshit that imagines that a multibillion dollar film franchise needs to be "protected" from criticism or dissenting opinions. If somebody doesn't like it, that's fine -- it doesn't mean you can't and it definitely doesn't mean the series is going to somehow be at stake because of it. Stop it.

I'm just crossing fingers that this talk of ending the Jedi is the real deal and not misdirection or simply lines from early in the film before Luke is reconvinced or something weak like that. The poster has me really hopeful that this really is about finding a middle ground within the ethos here and not just picking team A or team B again.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I dug the trailer but it didn't really show much honestly. I know it's a teaser but it didn't add up to much.

I do however hope they make Kylo Ren go all the way and have no redemption of himself or his actions in the next film either. We need a definitive, strong villain who does not shake his opinions or inner emotions to flush out decisions he's made. I want a completely twisted, angry and cunning villain to come out of him. I want dominance in this film from him and in the next Episode keep up the momentum. I don't want no reunions, turn arounds or change of heart for his character. It'd be a fresh breath of air to have a villain like that in this franchise on the big screen. The only villain we've had was Palpatine. It'd be nice if they referenced his character sometime too.

I'm excited, I hope this follows up on the quality of Rogue One.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I've seen it twice (for now) and I'm excited about it. I just hope we know more about Snoke. I think Luke's line about ending the Jedi has to do with the many flaws of its philosophy and the realization that everything it was about is becoming obsolete and the only outcome is... to DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!!!!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I've seen it twice (for now) and I'm excited about it. I just hope we know more about Snoke. I think Luke's line about ending the Jedi has to do with the many flaws of its philosophy and the realization that everything it was about is becoming obsolete and the only outcome is... to DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!!!!!!
    Or he's moping because he's lost his nephew to the Dark Side.

"Light... darkness... a balance"

As long as there are Sith Lords, there needs to be Jedi. The balance has to be maintained.

Very cool teaser; it does exactly what it is meant to do: tease and make us want more.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Trailer was pretty good. I wasn't blown away, but I really like what I see. Would be cool if Rey was trained to be a Gray Jedi or something to that nature.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Yeah-yeah, ending the Jedi, balance, who is Snoke, sure. But what about dem space fightz???!! Looked hella good. I'm easily impressed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    ... I guess for me its escapism without doing drugs, getting lost in another world that at times seems more pleasant then the one we are currently live in.
    I'm looking forward to "The Last Jedi".
    I agree and in a world where things aren't black and white at all and I don't really know what's going on, it's nice to escape to a universe where the good\evil thing is clear cut. Like Lord of the Rings. (I think a lot of what put me off the prequels was the Trade Federation bullshit and political machinations)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I agree and in a world where things aren't black and white at all and I don't really know what's going on, it's nice to escape to a universe where the good\evil thing is clear cut. Like Lord of the Rings. (I think a lot of what put me off the prequels was the Trade Federation bullshit and political machinations)
    I'm not fond of the prequels either, the characters (Jar Jar) were annoying, and they couldn't come up with a better actor then Hayden for Anakin/Darth Vader. However I did really like Revenge Of The Sith because of the Emperor Palpetine arch and story line and how he became the Emperor. Everybody always thought of Darth Vader as being the evil villain but it was the Emperor that was pulling the strings being the truly evil one.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Was Hayden such a bad actor? His charisma alone was pretty well fitting for "young Vader". Also, what actor on this world could pull off such dialogues as the infamous sand one? Saying stupid shit will inevitably mark you as a moron, no matter how convincigly you say it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Was Hayden such a bad actor? His charisma alone was pretty well fitting for "young Vader". Also, what actor on this world could pull off such dialogues as the infamous sand one? Saying stupid shit will inevitably mark you as a moron, no matter how convincigly you say it.
    Haha, this reminded me of a Patrice O'Neal rant where he claims Christensen almost single-handedly destroyed the Star Wars franchise.

Yeah, he's terrible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Can you watch Rebels independently without having seen any of the Clone Wars? It seems like this series is worth watching in order to catch up with all the little bits of details for future films in the SW universe, preferably the anthology movies. Do I need to see Clone Wars before?
    Never seen Clone Wars myself. There are probably a number of things in Rebels that would be more easily accessible by having seen Clone Wars, but Rebels is still followable without it.

On the subject of Maul and from what I've seen so far... guess Maul was already ultimately defeated and unstable so Obi Wan had a fair chance at him. Vader in ANH, especially now with the ending of Rogue One, seems so much more powerful. He first had to be somewhat broken during the course of the story to be finished by Obi so quickly or maybe he indeed left it up to "the chosen one" from the very beginning.
    That could be the case. It’s interesting to think about. Obi Wan allowed Vader kill him on the Death Star, and his motivation for that didn’t seem clearly spelled out. Obi Wan also could have easily finished Vader for good on Mustafar but he didn’t, and his motivation for that didn’t seem clearly spelled out either. Was it a case of Kenobi being too attached to Anakin to strike him down? Or were these things attributable to something else? I’m not sure.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    He gets unfairly blammed for ruining Star Wars. The dialog was horrific. You could have had Dicaprio cast as Anakin and it wouldn't have mattered. It's all on Lucas.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    He gets unfairly blammed for ruining Star Wars. The dialog was horrific. You could have had Dicaprio cast as Anakin and it wouldn't have mattered. It's all on Lucas.
    yeah, i mean, not just the dialogue, but the direction, as well. ewan mcgregor and liam neeson are both top notch actors and they're almost painful to watch in episode one.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    He had the worst writing available to him, seriously (actually most of them did too). I don't think it's as much his fault as that at all.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Lucas turned Anakin into a whiny, moody unlikable teenager. It's so hard to to imagine him becoming the terrifying, legendary villain that Darth Vader is in episodes IV-V-VI.

Damn you, Lucas!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    That's one of my major gripes about the character. He's a teenager and imho too young to already take on the armour.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, they should have had the prequels start with Anakin in his 20s. They could have done what Rogue One did and had Episode I start out with him as a child, explaining the whole immaculate conception origin thing and then flash-forwarded past the whiny teen shit, thus preserving Vader's badass aura and maintaining a bit more of that air of mystery that made him intriguing to begin with.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Exactly! Apart from the goofy humour and the way too polished late 90ies look and feel to the prequels that is my major complaint. The movies and the story itself aren't bad imho, but having Anakin being a kid, falling in love with a quite elder woman and having him go through that whiney bullshit is what puts the nail in the coffin for me, and sadly they are returning to that hissy fit throwing villain with Kylo Ren, although he is much more compelling already and a tad more fleshed out to begin with. I have no idea why we needed to see a small kid exceeding in about everything and being all witty and such, although that never has happend in the series before and never again.

And I guess that is not Christinsen's fault at all, it's a bad script, horrendous dialogue and some odd choices. Like somebody already stated, even Neeson, Lee and McGregor are horrible in these movies.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Exactly! Apart from the goofy humour and the way too polished late 90ies look and feel to the prequels that is my major complaint. The movies and the story itself aren't bad imho, but having Anakin being a kid, falling in love with a quite elder woman and having him go through that whiney bullshit is what puts the nail in the coffin for me, and sadly they are returning to that hissy fit throwing villain with Kylo Ren, although he is much more compelling already and a tad more fleshed out to begin with. I have no idea why we needed to see a small kid exceeding in about everything and being all witty and such, although that never has happend in the series before and never again.

And I guess that is not Christinsen's fault at all, it's a bad script, horrendous dialogue and some odd choices. Like somebody already stated, even Neeson, Lee and McGregor are horrible in these movies.
    I actually thought McGregor was excellent. I have some major gripes with I-III, but McGregor was a major highlight. Lucky for him, he wasn't stuck with many bad lines.

As poor as I think AOTC is, it's still fun to watch Obi Wan uncover that forgettable bullshit about some missing planet and a clone army.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Some of the actors talk about the direction TLJ takes. Don't know what to make of this.

https://www.inverse.com/article/3044...-the-last-jedi

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, they should have had the prequels start with Anakin in his 20s.
    Damn, now you got me fantasizing about a series where Anakin (played by Tom Hardy) is in his late 30s/early 40s and has already joined the dark side before getting the suit/robot limbs.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Look, Lucas sucks, I'm not arguing that.

I'm pretty sure DiCaprio wouldn't have stood around making Jay Cutler faces the whole time, though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Look, Lucas sucks, I'm not arguing that.

I'm pretty sure DiCaprio wouldn't have stood around making Jay Cutler faces the whole time, though.
    Portman was horrible in the prequels too, she is still recognized as a great actress. I think the thing with Christensen is, he has no other really well known acting roles to his credit. The public just knows him from Star Wars.