Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: The Ghostbusters Thread

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the final nail in the cinema coffin for me this year would be Bill and Ted 3 getting pushed back.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    dust.....wind....dude

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    RE: Ghostbusters 2--Kind of a weak story and the walking Statue of Liberty was a bad idea, but the cast and that painting that comes to life is enough to keep it afloat.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife is delayed AGAIN until June 11th, 2021.
    Urgh.... This sucks.

Just pull a "Bill and Ted" and release it on demand already, guys.
    Not a good sign.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    in 2019 that would be a bad sign. 2020? business as usual.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Yeah, but it was already delayed once this year from July until March 2021.
    This is my #1 anticipated film of all time, and to have it pushed back TWICE is painful. I already accepted the March push back and was super stoked to have Ghostbusters in only 5 months!!

I really need something to look forward to in the future. This 'Every day is exactly the same' lifestyle is eating me alive.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If this new movie is good (and it looks good), it would be a shame to just release it on demand.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    If this new movie is good (and it looks good), it would be a shame to just release it on demand.
    I don't see theatre's being ready to welcome drones of audiences back by June either though.
    If they're sitting waiting for things to be back to 100% normal, this movie will never come out.

At some point they need to cut their losses and just release the movie to the public.
    I will be incredibly surprised if movie theatre's survive this.

I feel bad for the entertainment industry right now. It's like my life has been swept away from under my feet. Live music and movies represented like 95% of the joys in my life.
    I can't imagine a world without movies or music anymore. It's super scary. But I'm worried for entertainment venue's surviving this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I don't see theatre's being ready to welcome drones of audiences back by June either though.
    If they're sitting waiting for things to be back to 100% normal, this movie will never come out.

At some point they need to cut their losses and just release the movie to the public.
    I will be incredibly surprised if movie theatre's survive this.

I feel bad for the entertainment industry right now. It's like my life has been swept away from under my feet. Live music and movies represented like 95% of the joys in my life.
    I can't imagine a world without movies or music anymore. It's super scary. But I'm worried for entertainment venue's surviving this.
    Similar to the new Bond. That was expected to give the industry a real shot in the arm and now it won't be out until April of next year. But I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't another delay.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-22-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Ghostbuters delayed AGAIN until November 11th, 2021.
    I give up. This film isn't ever going to see the light of day. I don't see that date happening either.
    Sony wants us to see this in the theater or not at all. Theater's will not be ready to go this year.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Ghostbuters delayed AGAIN until November 11th, 2021.
    I give up. This film isn't ever going to see the light of day. I don't see that date happening either.
    Sony wants us to see this in the theater or not at all. Theater's will not be ready to go this year.
    Or Sony is gonna have to launch their own streaming service to release their movies.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Or Sony is gonna have to launch their own streaming service to release their movies.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    They roasting themselves .

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'll be honest, that clip didn't...do anything for me. It wasn't bad or anything (you'd struggle to make something with Paul Rudd objectively BAD) but it wasn't all that enticing either...kinda felt like nothing, like an advert for something i had no interest in. I hope that's not a sign of what the final film will be...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I honestly thought I was going to see the Ghostbusters logo turn into the Target logo at the end. Figured this was an ad for an actual Stay-Puft product they were going to sell to promote the film.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    They're going to make them like the Minions?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    They're going to make them like the Minions?
    Oh fuck i hope not!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    People were too excited about it so the writers had to sprinkle some 2016 on it or what?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So wait was that an actual scene from the film...? Or a Baskin Robbins commercial?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I like how he chuckles at Blue Velvet.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    random, but I saw a Ghostbusters cosplayer last weekend in Hoboken, NJ. He was jamming out to some 60's soul music or something right on the sidewalk. it was so, so random and unforgettable.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That clip reminds me of the gingerbread men from Krampus.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The scene seems highly edited. I imagine it may play out slightly longer in the film if there's more to the scene. But if the movie edit is exactly like this, I am worried.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I cannot see this being worse than the 2016 dread. I'd take this silly scene literally over ANYTHING that took place in that garbage heap.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    So wait was that an actual scene from the film...? Or a Baskin Robbins commercial?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    they're still pushing November for a ghosts movie. wow.

Last edited by allegate; 07-27-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Annnnnd a lot the people who were championing this will be better then the "woke" 2016 version are now raging in their YouTube videos because...there's a girl main character. I can't with some corners of the internet sometimes, i really can't.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Ghostbusters 2016 was a terrible "Meh", but this one isn't looking great either, hope i'm wrong...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    Annnnnd a lot the people who were championing this will be better then the "woke" 2016 version are now raging in their YouTube videos because...there's a girl main character. I can't with some corners of the internet sometimes, i really can't.
    finally saw the trailer and you can barely tell it's a girl! /s

no really, lots of sarcasm there.

It looks fine. the little stay puffs are whatever, same with the not-Slimer. The car upgrade looks pretty rad though and the end "we're closed" actually gave me goosebumps for some reason, probably the meta story of how much he hates making sequels.

I'll see it eventually, sure, but I'm still trying to figure out what Thanksgiving has to do with ghosts.