Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: The Ghostbusters Thread

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'll see it eventually, sure, but I'm still trying to figure out what Thanksgiving has to do with ghosts.
    Seems like because October is just stacked. Wasn't the delayed release date in June? I can't keep up anymore lol. If it is at least the first week of November, that would be nice.

I'm keeping an open mind about it and find the mini puffs roasting themselves hilarious. I cannot see this being as bad as the 2016 monstrosity, but you never know!

Hotel Transylvania 4 [Cinema] – October 1
    No Time to Die (US) [Cinema] – October 8
    Halloween Kills [Cinema] – October 15
    The Last Duel [Cinema] – October 15
    The Many Saints of Newark (UK) [Cinema] – October 22
    The Boss Baby: Family Business (UK) [Cinema] – October 22
    Dune (US) [Cinema/HBO Max] – October 22
    Jackass 4 [Cinema] – October 22
    Last Night in Soho [Cinema] – October 29
    Antlers [Cinema] – October 29

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Seems like because October is just stacked. Wasn't the delayed release date in June? I can't keep up anymore lol. If it is at least the first week of November, that would be nice.

I'm keeping an open mind about it and find the mini puffs roasting themselves hilarious. I cannot see this being as bad as the 2016 monstrosity, but you never know!

Hotel Transylvania 4 [Cinema] – October 1
    No Time to Die (US) [Cinema] – October 8
    Halloween Kills [Cinema] – October 15
    The Last Duel [Cinema] – October 15
    The Many Saints of Newark (UK) [Cinema] – October 22
    The Boss Baby: Family Business (UK) [Cinema] – October 22
    Dune (US) [Cinema/HBO Max] – October 22
    Jackass 4 [Cinema] – October 22
    Last Night in Soho [Cinema] – October 29
    Antlers [Cinema] – October 29
    That's ...there's ALOT there i wanna see!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    These movies are a lot more fun if you don't think too hard about them, and instead; just strap a cereal box to your back, tape a kleenex box to it to be your trap, and run some yarn to a toilet paper roll to blast the ghosts with.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I just bought a collection of Real Ghostbusters on DVD but silly me to have assumed it would be COMPLETE.

(It doesn't say complete on the packaging anywhere or "ALL 140 EPISODES", it only says "Over 100 episodes" so that's my bad)

Word of warning that this is missing like 24 episodes at least. Also the reviews mention that fact but i didn't actually purchase this online, i grabbed it at Wal-Mart so i didn't think to check for online listings and info.

https://www.amazon.ca/Real-Ghostbust...dp/B073VRG3XS/

At least it's something though and I'll be happy to watch what's there but still this kind of shit always pisses me off, why didn't they include those remaining episodes in this release? copyright reasons? cultural reasons? Whhhhhy?

Also I came to realize there was an actual complete collection that came out back in 2008 but i missed out on that one, it also looks like a way better package full of artwork even on the discs. Can't say the same about my copy.

Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-25-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    ^^^ Now that's a set. Reading some early reviews of Afterlife, sounds like something The Force Awakens did, but I'm still here for it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Holy shit, that was a fun time. Even at 1am I was geeking out like I was 30 years younger. Just a blast. 4.5/5

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Absolutely loved the new movie.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Just saw this. The Critical Drinker on the 2016 film:

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Just saw Ghostbusters Afterlife. Overall, it was a very enjoyable movie, better than the 2016 film, maybe even better than Ghostbusters 2. I suggest re-watching the original movie, as Afterlife uses many of the same plot elements. It was a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'd defiantly say Afterlife is the 2nd best GB movie now, it's a lot of fun and i really did love the new younger characters. Also felt like they were using puppets over CG in a lot of circumstances which was great!