Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Results 331 to 342 of 342

Thread: The Ghostbusters Thread

  1. #331
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,506
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the final nail in the cinema coffin for me this year would be Bill and Ted 3 getting pushed back.

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,244
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    dust.....wind....dude

  3. #333
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,381
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    RE: Ghostbusters 2--Kind of a weak story and the walking Statue of Liberty was a bad idea, but the cast and that painting that comes to life is enough to keep it afloat.

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,998
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife is delayed AGAIN until June 11th, 2021.
    Urgh.... This sucks.

    Just pull a "Bill and Ted" and release it on demand already, guys.
    Not a good sign.

  5. #335
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    4,495
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    in 2019 that would be a bad sign. 2020? business as usual.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,998
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Yeah, but it was already delayed once this year from July until March 2021.
    This is my #1 anticipated film of all time, and to have it pushed back TWICE is painful. I already accepted the March push back and was super stoked to have Ghostbusters in only 5 months!!

    I really need something to look forward to in the future. This 'Every day is exactly the same' lifestyle is eating me alive.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,381
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    If this new movie is good (and it looks good), it would be a shame to just release it on demand.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,998
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    If this new movie is good (and it looks good), it would be a shame to just release it on demand.
    I don't see theatre's being ready to welcome drones of audiences back by June either though.
    If they're sitting waiting for things to be back to 100% normal, this movie will never come out.

    At some point they need to cut their losses and just release the movie to the public.
    I will be incredibly surprised if movie theatre's survive this.

    I feel bad for the entertainment industry right now. It's like my life has been swept away from under my feet. Live music and movies represented like 95% of the joys in my life.
    I can't imagine a world without movies or music anymore. It's super scary. But I'm worried for entertainment venue's surviving this.

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,381
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I don't see theatre's being ready to welcome drones of audiences back by June either though.
    If they're sitting waiting for things to be back to 100% normal, this movie will never come out.

    At some point they need to cut their losses and just release the movie to the public.
    I will be incredibly surprised if movie theatre's survive this.

    I feel bad for the entertainment industry right now. It's like my life has been swept away from under my feet. Live music and movies represented like 95% of the joys in my life.
    I can't imagine a world without movies or music anymore. It's super scary. But I'm worried for entertainment venue's surviving this.
    Similar to the new Bond. That was expected to give the industry a real shot in the arm and now it won't be out until April of next year. But I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't another delay.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-22-2021 at 07:15 PM.

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,998
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Ghostbuters delayed AGAIN until November 11th, 2021.
    I give up. This film isn't ever going to see the light of day. I don't see that date happening either.
    Sony wants us to see this in the theater or not at all. Theater's will not be ready to go this year.

  11. #341
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,880
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Ghostbuters delayed AGAIN until November 11th, 2021.
    I give up. This film isn't ever going to see the light of day. I don't see that date happening either.
    Sony wants us to see this in the theater or not at all. Theater's will not be ready to go this year.
    Or Sony is gonna have to launch their own streaming service to release their movies.

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,211
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Or Sony is gonna have to launch their own streaming service to release their movies.

Posting Permissions