Thread: The Ghostbusters Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Fucking trash. I only went to see this because my girlfriends daughter wanted to see it. It's utter fucking trash and an insult to the franchise like I expected it to be. Right in the beginning there is a freaking queef joke... Seriously?

Spoilers to follow :

To me, it was as if they were trying way too hard here. There is absolutely no chemistry between the characters; they're so paper thin, and the entire movie is one big joke where none of them land except for maybe 3. There is no mystery here like the original had. The villain has the most childish motives to do what he was intending to do, and how the hell does he become pretty much as powerful as Gozer in a blink of an eye? The original had mystery to it, wittiness. When you see Gozer for the first time, it's almost scary, even creepy. Is this a gate to hell? Another dimension? There was so much more intrigue and you actually cared about the relationship between the originals characters. There is no depth to care about them whatsoever. They try with this silly relationship between Wiig and McCarthy's characters and it falls so flat. Every character is pretty much a stereotype, and besides Leslie Jones and McCarthy for whom I cannot stand and do not find funny at all are at least talented along with the rest of the cast, but they have nothing to work with here. They try, but you cannot cover up shitty writing.

The fact that the movie makes them out to be bumbling idiots that can make cool gadgets, and then at the final fight... They're jumping around like fucking ninjas and hitting EVERYTHING with perfect shots. Every time Ray, Peter, Egon, and Winston used there proton packs, they would hit everything around them but the target because they were amateurs!! It was hilarious. It's even worse that they try to act as if the first two movies never happened and this is the real Ghostbusters. Fuck.... That.... Shit. There is one good cameo that I actually enjoyed, but the rest are so cringe.

What would have been clever was to make some of these characters the offspring of the originals so you could at least get behind them and care about what is going on. The only positive aspect coming out of here is the fact that this will put some new interest into people wanting to see the original and have them realize how shitty this movie really is.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-16-2016 at 10:11 AM.